Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2010, 06:45 PM

18,129 posts, read 25,278,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
Where is the HEB Tower?? Frost Tower??
Send an e-mail to HEB and Frost bank so the CEO of those companies can tell you exactly why they don't build skyscrappers in San Antonio.

Otherwise, you are going to be b....ing and crying on the internet for decades without getting an answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 07:20 PM

810 posts, read 1,425,223 times
Quote:
What does Austin have that San Antonio don't when it comes to attracting investors.?
Forward-thinking people and companies. Not to say SA does not have them but Austin has the edge on that.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:57 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,177,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweethomeSanAntonio View Post
I lived in Tulsa and the skyline has a couple nice talls but it doesn't have the infill and density of San Antonio's.
That was my point.

Quote:
What does Austin have that San Antonio dont when it comes to investors? Where is the HEB Tower?? Frost Tower?? Oh, I forget that will probably build one in Austin.
The Frost Bank tower in Austin was not built by Frost-- they just paid to have their logo and name put on the building.

That said, I seem to recall something on here a while ago that showed that Frost was planning a new 30+ story tower in the empty lot across Houston Street from their existing building. Or did I just dream that?

Old 10-15-2010, 06:22 PM

3,247 posts, read 9,050,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexHwyMan View Post
That was my point.

The Frost Bank tower in Austin was not built by Frost-- they just paid to have their logo and name put on the building.

That said, I seem to recall something on here a while ago that showed that Frost was planning a new 30+ story tower in the empty lot across Houston Street from their existing building. Or did I just dream that?
Some nice hi rise I hope would mean more people could live downtown

Old 10-15-2010, 07:20 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,046,056 times
Is there even a place to buy groceries downtown? In order for more people to live downtown, there would need to be essential services in place.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:29 PM

18,129 posts, read 25,278,015 times
Quote:
Some nice hi rise I hope would mean more people could live downtown
Do you even support light-rail in downtown San Antonio?
because that would make a huge difference when a person is deciding whether or not to move to a building in downtown.

The city could give a cheap year pass ID thing .... to anybody that lives in downtown.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:20 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,029,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Do you even support light-rail in downtown San Antonio?
because that would make a huge difference when a person is deciding whether or not to move to a building in downtown.

The city could give a cheap year pass ID thing .... to anybody that lives in downtown.
I would love for them to put another referendum on light rail in town. It would be interesting to see how it does this time around: there are more ex-Northeasterners and other people living here than there were before, and traffic is even worse. Might turn the tide, who knows?

Old 10-16-2010, 12:15 AM

1,099 posts, read 2,073,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Right after Disneyland. Which is directly following Trader Joe's, In n Out, and Ikea.

2nd Tuesday of next week. Is that a better answer?
You forgot Del Taco....yes Del Taco is coming!!!

Old 10-16-2010, 01:00 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,029,031 times
Who thinks that if they had a referendum on light rail tomorrow, it would pass? Just curious.

Who's willing to pay slightly increased sales tax for it? I certainly would, provided that the light rail works until 3 or 4 AM or so so I can party hearty.

Old 10-17-2010, 12:53 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,985,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Who thinks that if they had a referendum on light rail tomorrow, it would pass? Just curious.

Who's willing to pay slightly increased sales tax for it? I certainly would, provided that the light rail works until 3 or 4 AM or so so I can party hearty.
Why don't you ask in the 11-page thread on //www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...lity-give.html? This one is on skyscrapers...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio