Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2016, 11:53 PM

1 posts, read 902 times

Advertisements

I just turned 44 and my teeth are destroyed. I recently had t be admitted to the Hospital and the Doctor asked me how long I had been doing Math? I have never seen Meth (or any drug ever, I have never drank alcohol either). I was very, very embarrassed. I suspect I am the result of Gulf War syndrome or the result taking a drug called Seroquell, which is a mood stabilizer. But I am appalled someone would think this a out me.

The VA is never going to approve it being a service related
My mouth is a total mess with teeth are broken at and below the gumline.

Mg credit is shot (I had AML Leukemia 5 years ago). I just need my teeth pulled out or ground down so I can get Dentures. It would allow me to get a better job (I have a degree in Accounting, but work as a janitor for a movie theater and night stock shelves at Walmart. With teeth with teeth I could get a job making 175% more. I have to take care of a 10 year old Daughter and a 49 year old Wife who is an invalid.

Because of my credit I can't get the credit that Dentist Office. I went to the UT dental clinic and they said it was beyond their scope. I am looking for a Dentist who would take payments to get me to the point of grtting dentures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 04:14 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,394,666 times
Bexar County TX Free Dental Care | Free Dental Care in Bexar County

http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/h...l_clinics.html

Pro Bono Dentists in San Antonio, Texas with Reviews & Ratings - YP.com

Hope you can find some help at one of these reference sites.

Old 10-19-2016, 05:13 AM

2,721 posts, read 4,367,910 times
Default Seroquel,

Seroquel is very bad medicine. This much I know. It is an unbelievably strong medication and the results upon my looking at research results at the University of Minnesota reads that these results might have been obtained by questionable research methods is my understanding for the drugs approval by the FDA. Fixed. If you knowwhat I mean.
There is strong evidence of this. It surely can be a very effective medication for many, and it is widely prescribed but the side -effects can be pretty bad, devastating in many cases. I believe you.

I really don't know anything about its' effect upon one's dentition at all, but my youngest son was prescribed Seroquel and within days his extremities began trembling, and in just reaching out with his arm for something his entire arm and hand and wrist shook. These quaking physical side-effects can become permanent.
Twice now, (I watch over him , he is ill with bi-polar and other thought disorders) he was prescribed this stuff, Seroquel, and twice I have demanded successfully - no way, get him off this "stuff".

Sorry...I do not know of a dentist, friend but I sincerely hope you can get results from
what poster has Paka listed here. Keep on trying and .........
Best of luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebgela View Post
I just turned 44 and my teeth are destroyed. I recently had t be admitted to the Hospital and the Doctor asked me how long I had been doing Math? I have never seen Meth (or any drug ever, I have never drank alcohol either). I was very, very embarrassed. I suspect I am the result of Gulf War syndrome or the result taking a drug called Seroquell, which is a mood stabilizer. But I am appalled someone would think this a out me.

The VA is never going to approve it being a service related
My mouth is a total mess with teeth are broken at and below the gumline.

Mg credit is shot (I had AML Leukemia 5 years ago). I just need my teeth pulled out or ground down so I can get Dentures. It would allow me to get a better job (I have a degree in Accounting, but work as a janitor for a movie theater and night stock shelves at Walmart. With teeth with teeth I could get a job making 175% more. I have to take care of a 10 year old Daughter and a 49 year old Wife who is an invalid.

Because of my credit I can't get the credit that Dentist Office. I went to the UT dental clinic and they said it was beyond their scope. I am looking for a Dentist who would take payments to get me to the point of grtting dentures.

Old 10-19-2016, 12:44 PM

6,691 posts, read 8,719,838 times
I think there is a dentist by the name of JAustinDDS that posts from time to time on this forum. Hopefully he can chime in and offer you advice. No idea if he is still active on this forum though.

Old 10-19-2016, 01:58 PM

126 posts, read 248,882 times
Thats a tough situation. Unfortunately, if UTHSCSA Dental School said you were "beyond their scope" that means that things are probably decently complex. The issue that you are going to run into is that it costs a dentist around $1000 of overhead to make a single denture. You can probably find someone to work with you on the extraction part because their is little overhead involved but the dentures are going to most likely require 50% down payment with the other 50% due at completion. I don't know of any dentist who is willing to lose money on a set of dentures.

You can try the Haven for Hope and see if there is any help there.

Do you have any skills as like a painter or handyman that you could use as a potential barter for services? Many dentists are friendly to barter type arrangements if you can provide a service that is beneficial to them. That could be a win-win for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: