Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 08:36 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,697,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys fan in Houston View Post
I wonder why this is in the San Antonio forum? San Antonio has actually very few illegals given the population of the city and how many total Hispanics there are there. Dallas and Houston have far more in the work force (even per capita).

I posted it here because I am looking at a business opportunity that very well could be impacted, depending how far Trump goes with his plan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2016, 08:39 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,728,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
Do you have stats backing this claim up?
I certainly do sir:

Unauthorized Immigrant population per county as of 2013 with all counties that have over 50k unauthorized immigrants listed:

Los Angeles County, CA: 1,062,000
Harris County, TX (Houston): 373,000
Cook County, IL (Chicago): 323,000
Orange County, CA (Santa Ana): 274,000
Dallas County, TX (Dallas): 242,000
San Diego County, CA (San Diego): 205,000
Maricopa County, AZ (Phoenix): 190,000
Kings County, NY (Brooklyn): 181,000
Riverside County, CA (Riverside): 158,000
Miami-Dade County, FL (Miami): 156,000
Santa Clara County, CA (San Jose): 142,000
San Bernardino, CA (San Bernardino): 138,000
Bronx County, NY (The Bronx): 114,000
Clark County, NV (Las Vegas): 113,000
Tarrant County, TX (Fort Worth): 109,000
Alameda County, CA (Oakland): 108,000
Hidalgo County, TX (McAllen): 94,000
Fresno County, TX (Fresno): 86,000
Broward County, FL (Fort Lauderdale): 83,000
Fairfax County, VA (Fairfax): 83,000
Montgomery County, MD (Rockville): 83,000
Gwinnett County, GA (Lawrenceville): 80,000
Travis County, TX (Austin): 79,000
Hudson County, NJ (Jersey City): 77,000
Kern County, CA (Bakersfield): 75,000
King County, WA (Seattle): 75,000
Price Georges County, MD (Upper Marlboro): 69,000
Bexar County, TX (San Antonio): 68,000
Sacramento County, CA (Sacramento): 66,000
Contra Costa County, CA (Martinez): 66,000
Monterrey County, CA (Monterrey): 63,000
Palm Beach County, FL (West Palm Beach): 65,000
Middlesex County, NJ (New Brunswick): 63,000
Bergen County, NJ (Hackensack): 58,000
Essex County, NJ (Newark): 57,000
San Mateo County, CA (Redwood City): 57,000
Mecklenburg County, NC (Charlotte): 57,000
El Paso County, TX (El Paso): 56,000
San Joaquin County, CA (Stockton): 52,000
DeKalb County, GA (Decatur): 51,000
Tulare County, CA (Visalia): 50,000

Unauthorized Immigrant Populations by Country and Region, Top State and County Destinations, 2009-13 | migrationpolicy.org

Old 11-27-2016, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
I posted it here because I am looking at a business opportunity that very well could be impacted, depending how far Trump goes with his plan.
Trump is probably going to be very ineffective. Obama had to pull teeth to get things done and he was far more beloved by his party and colleagues than Trump is with his.

Old 11-27-2016, 09:47 AM

5,717 posts, read 18,909,338 times
Quote:
I don't think any wall or any actions by any President is going to effect the illegal population here. There's a lot of now legals from Mexico that still has family in Mexico and will find a way for them to get here. The only thing that could change that would be if things got really great in Mexico like good jobs and a great economy. Since all Gov't seem to have those at the top that like to skim the gravy of the money and put it in their pockets, I don't see that happening in Mexico. Untold billions of Pesos have just disappeared regardless of who is in power and that's just from the oil.

Huckster, you apparently don't remember the Crusades. Muslims and Christians don't get along. The ideals are completely polar opposite. Christians are all about love and forgiveness. Muslims are all about killing everybody that doesn't believe their way. And that includes other Muslims which is why all of the killing in the Muslim countries. You don't knowingly put bad apples in the apple crate so bringing any here at all is just wrong.

Quote:
Trump is probably going to be very ineffective. Obama had to pull teeth to get things done and he was far more beloved by his party and colleagues than Trump is with his.
Thanks. I need a good laugh this morning. You apparently are color blind or do you really see more blue than red on the map.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 11-27-2016 at 07:16 PM..

Old 11-27-2016, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
I don't think any wall or any actions by any President is going to effect the illegal population here. There's a lot of now legals from Mexico that still has family in Mexico and will find a way for them to get here. The only thing that could change that would be if things got really great in Mexico like good jobs and a great economy. Since all Gov't seem to have those at the top that like to skim the gravy of the money and put it in their pockets, I don't see that happening in Mexico. Untold billions of Pesos have just disappeared regardless of who is in power and that's just from the oil.

Huckster, you apparently don't remember the Crusades. Muslims and Christians don't get along. The ideals are completely polar opposite. Christians are all about love and forgiveness. Muslims are all about killing everybody that doesn't believe their way. And that includes other Muslims which is why all of the killing in the Muslim countries. You don't knowingly put bad apples in the apple crate so bringing any here at all is just wrong.
Quote:

Thanks. I need a good laugh this morning. You apparently are color blind or do you really see more blue than red on the map.
Wow...that koolaide must have been delicious or are you really incapable of critical thinking?

First off most those red states with giant land mass have very few people so I'm not sure what your posting that map has anything to do with the topic.

Second did you really say Christianity is all about love and forgiveness and Islam is about killing people who don't think like you? Way to generalize billions of people. I guess my cousins all forgot to kill me for not being Muslim. I'm a non-Christian, non-Muslim Lebanese man. I've got family that are both and friends that are both. I guess in your mind the Muslim side of our family is just waiting to kill us.

Third, it would take a world of blindness to think Trump is more popular with Republicans today than Obama was with Democrats in 2008.

Fourthly, if your city was destroyed, you have no home, no food, no water, a bunch of dead friends and family, and no means to effectively fight back, what would you do? Stand there and say "oh well"? That's what your asking these people to do.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 11-27-2016 at 07:19 PM..

Old 11-27-2016, 11:39 AM

6,705 posts, read 8,771,270 times
Quote:
I certainly do sir:

Unauthorized Immigrant population per county as of 2013 with all counties that have over 50k unauthorized immigrants listed:

Unauthorized Immigrant Populations by Country and Region, Top State and County Destinations, 2009-13 | migrationpolicy.org
Thank you for the stats. Very interesting.

Old 11-27-2016, 12:47 PM

432 posts, read 523,098 times
E-verify is pretty good.
Too bad the Feds and unions are prohibited from using it.

Old 11-27-2016, 10:51 PM

6,705 posts, read 8,771,270 times
How about we get back on topic as the mods seem to indicate this thread is not up for a Muslim debate?

Old 11-28-2016, 09:02 AM

Quote:
How about we get back on topic as the mods seem to indicate this thread is not up for a Muslim debate?
I agree. I wrote the last post in the heat of the moment. Though I meant every word, it is off topic and I shouldn't have posted it here.

I would recommend to the moderators that all posts that have anything to do with Muslims in this thread be removed.

Old 11-28-2016, 11:53 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,741,161 times
Quote:
This thread is not up for any religious debate. The topic is "Effects of a smaller work force of illegals in San Antonio"

Quote:
I agree. I wrote the last post in the heat of the moment. Though I meant every word, it is off topic and I shouldn't have posted it here.

I would recommend to the moderators that all posts that have anything to do with Muslims in this thread be removed.
Looks like 10 posts out of 39 have been deleted... (FYI: you don't see any deleted posts except those which you wrote)

There are alternatives to just deleting posts... If you really have a valid question, sincere question, you can DM me...

Thanks for your future cooperation...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio