Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2007, 07:58 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,861,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by linskie View Post
I worked at the Albertson's at West Ave and Blanco from '76 to '85. Some of the best years of my life.
That was a great grocery store. I drove past there last weekend and they have opened up a new pizza/bowling/amusement center in the old Albertson's location. It was packed with cars, and I could barely get through. I haven't visited there yet.

Old 05-25-2007, 09:25 PM

139 posts, read 504,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaTexan View Post
Hey HHW...I know the Texan has a location on the corner of Division/Pleasanton...They do have some pretty good seafood there.
Yeah man thats it Divison and Pleasanton. Man I love that place.

Old 05-25-2007, 09:33 PM

139 posts, read 504,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Speaking of hamburgers, does anyone else remember when Jack-In-The-Box used to have really good burgers? At least, they did during the mid-1980's. Their Jumbo Jack used to be made with lettuce, green tomatoes, onions, pickles, and the best part...secret sauce. Then, for a while they used to sell their small cheeseburgers plain on toasted buns with secret sauce, 2 for $.99. Those were the best. I was addicted to them for months in 1986/1987.

Then suddenly, everything changed. They stopped using secret sauce and started using mayo, or else mayo and ketchup. Ugh. No wonder their sales dropped. Now they sell Jumbo Jacks on the value menu for less than what they cost 20 years ago.

Can someone find them a clue?
I went to Jack in the Crack today. I have eaten there LIke 10 times maybe since they changed fries and maybe 25 times since they changed from Secret Sauce, in 99. Each time I at there tacos. I heard rumors on the net, They still had secret Sauce but you had to ask for it. I walked up today and blurted out, even before I made an order, You got Secret sauce. The lady just smiled and said of course. I was flabergasted. 8 years without secret sauce and All I had to do was ask. BtW The secret sauce taste the same. I put a crap load on em. I got two regular Hamburgers. Not to much more than 99 cents. $1.59 I decided that I would eat Two Tacos for 99 cents instead of fries, I can't stand. So thats the oder from now on Two tacos Two reg hambugers no mayo or ketsup but secret sauce. Hell I might eat there again tomorrow.

Old 05-26-2007, 06:13 AM

Thanks for the tip. I wish you didn't have to ask for the sauce though. I mean, why would they carry something that they don't even use unless people special request it? Think about it. What's up with that.

I do like their new Sirloin Burger. I get it with the swiss cheese and red onions option, and I order onion rings instead of fries.

Actually, they changed their fries a couple of years ago and now they are even better quality than the classic ones. (But I would still prefer the classic fries.) Back in the 90's all the places that used those fries changed them at once: Burger King, JITB, Dairy Queen, Sonic. I'm convinced that that is why Burger Kings started closing all over town, and why people hardly even eat at Dairy Queen any more unless it's to get a dessert.

Old 05-26-2007, 06:26 AM

Another thing I miss from JITB was their $1.99 special from the mid-90's. It was one taco, one cheeseburger, and small fries before they changed from the classic fries. At least the tacos are still good today.

Old 05-27-2007, 08:20 AM

54 posts, read 131,557 times
Anyone recall a club named "J Alfred Prufrok's" on Mulberry at St. Mary's? Many a high old time there in the early and mid '70's!

Great, layed back atmosphere with wonderful people!

Old 05-27-2007, 12:06 PM

351 posts, read 1,584,957 times
STOP IT!!

My mouth is drooling. I have not had one of those for a while now, but I AM 50 lbs lighter than when I was in S.A. eating those great JITB burgers. They are by far the best fast food around.

Never heard of J Alfred Prufrok's. It was a little before my time.

crazedchef still in Baghdad wishing for some Jack in the Crack and a Margarita!

Old 05-27-2007, 12:58 PM
940 940 started this thread

13,791 posts, read 8,153,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicemeister View Post
Anyone recall a club named "J Alfred Prufrok's" on Mulberry at St. Mary's? Many a high old time there in the early and mid '70's!

Great, layed back atmosphere with wonderful people!
I remember hearing about that place from my older sister but I never went. Do you remember the Bombay Bicycle Club near by? That was such a big Trinity hangout and maybe it still is?

Old 05-27-2007, 01:56 PM

305 posts, read 1,618,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 940 View Post
I remember hearing about that place from my older sister but I never went. Do you remember the Bombay Bicycle Club near by? That was such a big Trinity hangout and maybe it still is?

What is this? A list of my addictions? I loved the Jumbo Jack with Secret Sauce. I was really disappointed with the last visit, now I know you have to ask for it. Lyndy's and the Bombay were my hangouts in the mid-80s. I was a Trinity hangout but a lot of SAC people went there as well. There was a night club near by the BBC. It was Alexanders. Anybody remember that?

Old 05-27-2007, 04:56 PM

3 posts, read 10,311 times
All aboard!! The train is still running -I rode it last year '06 when I went out on a date. It still as much fun at 38 as it was when I was 5 -except something was missing....ah, yes, the pinwheel. I need a pinwheel to complete the feeling of my youthful rapture. I remember that Bongo Joe guy too. There was another guy that would park at the Market Square near Mi Tierra and he would plunk at his guitar and sing out of tune.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio