Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 03:35 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,369,016 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody,I am possibly moving to New Braunfels in the future.I am young and I am male.I am straight.How is the dating scene in New Braunfels?Thanks for the help everybody.I spend most of my time indoors but I do like some outdoors activities.I am still looking for jobs.I do not need a lot of money to be happy as I am debt free and dont spend much.

Last edited by C24L; 02-11-2017 at 03:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 03:45 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,254,874 times
Unless you're into cougar soccer Moms, there's not much of a "dating scene" in New Braunfels. The good news is that you're a short drive away from San Antonio and Austin. Even neighboring San Marcos might have a little something for you. You have the pick of two very different markets.

Last edited by thenewtexan; 02-11-2017 at 04:05 PM..

Old 02-11-2017, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Unless you're into cougar soccer Moms, there's not much of a "dating scene" in New Braunfels. The good news is that you're a short drive away from San Antonio and Austin. Even neighboring San Marcos might have a little something for you.
Thanks thenewtexan.I really appreciate it.

Old 02-11-2017, 04:28 PM

9,848 posts, read 13,687,247 times
There's always tinder to hook up with 20 somethings that have 4 kids already.

Old 02-11-2017, 04:52 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,827,375 times
Once you get located here, holler - I'll hook you up with some of the FB sites where the folks there can tell you places to go. Good mix here - and San Marcos is a college town about 15 miles away, so you won't be bored.....lol

Old 02-11-2017, 08:39 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,968,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
There's always tinder to hook up with 20 somethings that have 4 kids already.
Where is that stereotype from?

Old 02-11-2017, 10:49 PM

715 posts, read 1,356,123 times
And if u wanna threesome, San Antonio was recently ranked 10th in nation for top Cities to find a threesome. Just throwing this out there too. (Wink)

Old 02-12-2017, 02:28 AM

26 posts, read 27,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Hi everybody,I am possibly moving to New Braunfels in the future.I am young and I am male.I am straight.How is the dating scene in New Braunfels?Thanks for the help everybody.I spend most of my time indoors but I do like some outdoors activities.I am still looking for jobs.I do not need a lot of money to be happy as I am debt free and dont spend much.
I`ll take this in two parts.

First as a guy, I`ll tell you that the dating scene in SA/Austin is FAR BETTER than in other areas of the state where it seemed like there were 10 single men for every single woman..... and half of the women were lesbians ( both in and out of the closet ) - and most of the remaining ones had serious psychological issues ( i.e. Deep East Texas ). In others where the imbalance wasn't as bad the women were materialistic and very much into hypergamy ( i.e. DFW ). The ratio of single women to men here seems to be better balanced and they are more approachable - at least to me after coming from those two aforementioned "dating hell holes".

Secondly, that being said though, you`re going to have to get a job and such before even trying to date as most women are probably going to find that to be a serious issue for them. What kind of work are you looking for?

Old 02-12-2017, 07:40 AM

9,848 posts, read 13,687,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXEX06 View Post
Where is that stereotype from?
From knowing several people that fit the stereotype and from friends' stories.

Old 02-12-2017, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWT6171 View Post
I`ll take this in two parts.

First as a guy, I`ll tell you that the dating scene in SA/Austin is FAR BETTER than in other areas of the state where it seemed like there were 10 single men for every single woman..... and half of the women were lesbians ( both in and out of the closet ) - and most of the remaining ones had serious psychological issues ( i.e. Deep East Texas ). In others where the imbalance wasn't as bad the women were materialistic and very much into hypergamy ( i.e. DFW ). The ratio of single women to men here seems to be better balanced and they are more approachable - at least to me after coming from those two aforementioned "dating hell holes".

Secondly, that being said though, you`re going to have to get a job and such before even trying to date as most women are probably going to find that to be a serious issue for them. What kind of work are you looking for?
I would consider just about anything that is not in the food industry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio