Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 02:32 PM

3,109 posts, read 9,836,023 times

Advertisements

I just bought my ticket to Gruene Hall on the 18th of April. They're selling standing room only, but will be seating outside on the patio, with obstructed view. Seems more comfortable to have the seating. If we all go over from Grissmill around 7 we might get some seating outside. Doors open at 7pm. You don't need to reserve seating at Grissmill, just let them kn ow you're in our party, City-Data.com/forum.

Gruene Hall Official Home Page
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2008, 10:32 PM

1,132 posts, read 2,123,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by romy View Post
OK! then!! Here is the scheduled programme :

nº 1: Galleria - nº2: NASA nº 3: HMNS - Heavy programme just for a day, ins't it?

I would like to see the sunset at the Kemah Boardwalk entertainment center as suggested by southeasttexas...depending on the weather this day and on our physical conditions ....on our way back to SA we will be exhausted!!!
NASA (Space Center Houston) is OK, but not what is was, due to security issues of late. I am not trying to discourage you from visiting, just be aware some of it won't be available to the public. I would suggest you web research it to confirm ahead of time what you will see.

I would also like to suggest changing your schedual to work west to east across town. 1) Galleria. 9 AM is a great time to start, avoiding crowds.
2) HMNS, midday 3) Space Center, maybe 3-6PM 4) Kemah Boardwalk, evening.

Definitely an ambitious schedual, but all great things to see. Is it possible to take two days to visit? Even if you miss one of the above, you will still fully enjoy the day.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:40 PM

1,132 posts, read 2,123,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gy2020 View Post
They're selling standing room only, but will be seating outside on the patio, with obstructed view. Seems more comfortable to have the seating.
I agree. Outside might be the best place to be.

Last edited by southeasttexas; 03-17-2008 at 11:11 PM..

Old 03-18-2008, 03:49 AM

63 posts, read 185,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
NASA (Space Center Houston) is OK, but not what is was, due to security issues of late. I am not trying to discourage you from visiting, just be aware some of it won't be available to the public. I would suggest you web research it to confirm ahead of time what you will see.

I would also like to suggest changing your schedual to work west to east across town. 1) Galleria. 9 AM is a great time to start, avoiding crowds.
2) HMNS, midday 3) Space Center, maybe 3-6PM 4) Kemah Boardwalk, evening.

Definitely an ambitious schedual, but all great things to see. Is it possible to take two days to visit? Even if you miss one of the above, you will still fully enjoy the day.

Thank you southeasttexas!
As suggested, I will have a look on the NASA web site first, just in case...
I take note of your schedule! This is the defenitive one!
If it is too tight in time, I will have to consider taking two days!!

Old 03-18-2008, 03:54 AM

Quote:
I just bought my ticket to Gruene Hall on the 18th of April. They're selling standing room only, but will be seating outside on the patio, with obstructed view. Seems more comfortable to have the seating. If we all go over from Grissmill around 7 we might get some seating outside. Doors open at 7pm. You don't need to reserve seating at Grissmill, just let them kn ow you're in our party, City-Data.com/forum.

OK gy2020!
Can we buy the tickets directly in situ or shall I buy from internet now?
What do you suggest ?

Old 03-18-2008, 06:48 AM

Purchase over net or call direct. You can get number from website. Have them keep ticket willcall. That way no threat of losing ticket. I looked at web, got number and made purchase. Your calling from overseas, you might want to use net.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:57 AM

3 posts, read 11,593 times
I just wanted to add that if you want to see some great live music. Go to Gruene Hall on Wednesday nights "Walther Wednesdays". My brother is in this band and you'll have a great time! [mod]advertising[/mod]

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 03-30-2008 at 04:47 PM.. Reason: advertising not allowed

Old 03-20-2008, 08:36 PM

Old 03-30-2008, 04:34 PM

Hey everbody:
Don't forget about the party on the 18th of April. Not too far away. If your going to the Gruene Hall that night you need to get your tickets now!
If your just going to the Grissmill around 5:30 pm you won't need any reservations or tickets.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Hey everbody:
Don't forget about the party on the 18th of April. Not too far away. If your going to the Gruene Hall that night you need to get your tickets now!
If your just going to the Grissmill around 5:30 pm you won't need any reservations or tickets.

I just bought the tickets gy2020!!!

All are most than Welcome !!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio