Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2017, 10:47 AM

2 posts, read 1,375 times

Advertisements

Hello. I work for a market research company that is looking for music lovers in the San Antonio area to participate in a paid music listening survey.

Where is a good place to find people involved in the local San Antonio Music Scene? Are there any good free local papers that feature schedules for concerts that we could take an ad out in?

Thanks for the help!

Collier
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 12:28 PM

9,843 posts, read 13,641,280 times
The current.

Old 05-25-2017, 01:16 PM

2 posts, read 1,375 times
Their publication looks promising. Has anyone here ever advertised with them before? If so, did you get a decent response rate, ROI?

Old 06-02-2017, 01:18 PM

22 posts, read 32,607 times
What I can tell you about the music industry here in town is that it is VERY hard to perform if you are an original music act. Seems like every venue wants cover music. I've been in numerous bands and my original music acts have had to learn a bunch of cover songs to mix in with our originals in order to play shows. I hate to say it, but Austin is much friendlier to original music acts. Even the radio station (99.5 KISS) here in town plays the same music over and over. They do dedicate one hour on a Monday night/Tuesday morning at Midnight to play some local tunes with Randy Bonillas. He's been a wonderful resource for local musicians over the years and I'm sure he's turned down offers to work other places to stay in SA. Advertising-wise, The Current is a good resource; the Weekender in the SA Express-News; and 99.5 KISS (not sure if they still do) used to mention what bands were playing at what venues on Friday nights. It's hard to say what the return on investment was because these were all free to advertise if you met the deadlines. We paid for ads on 99.5 KISS and they were pretty reasonable, but a new act might not be able to afford radio ads. My old band was Destruction Evolution and my new band is Road Hard Rebels. Blues driven hard rock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio