Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 08:41 AM

89 posts, read 151,284 times

Advertisements

Which city do you think would be best for someone like me. I'm a single mom of a toddler girl. I'm looking to relocate, my cities of choice is Dallas, Houston, or San Antonio but I'm looking more at Dallas or San Antonio. I consider myself to be a young black professional. I'm educated both bachelor and master's degree. I want good neighborhoods, good schools, but also entertainment and night life. I will need to make new friends and would like to get into the dating scene again hopefully get married. Any suggestions. I'm originally from NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2017, 07:52 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,471,290 times
For dating scene as a black woman, I would put San Antonio last. You might have some other people come in here and tell you otherwise, but none of them will be black women.

Old 08-19-2017, 12:07 AM

4,433 posts, read 5,343,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
For dating scene as a black woman, I would put San Antonio last. You might have some other people come in here and tell you otherwise, but none of them will be black women.
You put San Antonio last every time. You also are once again ASSuming she only dates black YPs.

San Antonio will give you the best access to safe nice areas. That being said if you want to date other African Americans then Houston, Dallas, then San Antonio. San Antonio is a place to raise a family, and as of late for a younger demographic, is a place to start a career. Keep in mind we are 2.5 million but Dallas and Houston are 7 million.

Old 08-19-2017, 06:20 AM

1,012 posts, read 1,118,291 times
You didn't say what your profession is. Which might have a bearing. If you're not afraid of the occasional threatening storms, I'd say Dallas for you.

Houston is very humid. So humid that I refer to it as the armpit of TX. It's also very crowded and job market there is down because of oil market.

Dallas seems more diverse in terms of jobs and people. Austin is the hippie step child and more accepting of other cultures. We call it the TX left bubble.

Good luck.

Old 08-19-2017, 02:20 PM

4,433 posts, read 5,343,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashfearless View Post
You didn't say what your profession is. Which might have a bearing. If you're not afraid of the occasional threatening storms, I'd say Dallas for you.

Houston is very humid. So humid that I refer to it as the armpit of TX. It's also very crowded and job market there is down because of oil market.

Dallas seems more diverse in terms of jobs and people. Austin is the hippie step child and more accepting of other cultures. We call it the TX left bubble.

Good luck.
Wrong.

Austin is accepting of white hipsters. That does not make it an accepting place. Houston and Dallas are so big that you can easily find your groove. Houston is one of the most diverse cities in the states. Houston like San Antonio is very laid back. Dallas is where you go to be something in your head.

Old 08-19-2017, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
You put San Antonio last every time. You also are once again ASSuming she only dates black YPs.

San Antonio will give you the best access to safe nice areas. That being said if you want to date other African Americans then Houston, Dallas, then San Antonio. San Antonio is a place to raise a family, and as of late for a younger demographic, is a place to start a career. Keep in mind we are 2.5 million but Dallas and Houston are 7 million.
You're assuming what I'm assuming, and you're wrong, as usual. San Antonio is last place for black women wanting to date interracially or intraracially. Are you a black woman who has tried to date in San Antonio? What are your experiences?

Old 08-19-2017, 08:15 PM

6,705 posts, read 8,771,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melz222 View Post
Which city do you think would be best for someone like me. I'm a single mom of a toddler girl. I'm looking to relocate, my cities of choice is Dallas, Houston, or San Antonio but I'm looking more at Dallas or San Antonio. I consider myself to be a young black professional. I'm educated both bachelor and master's degree. I want good neighborhoods, good schools, but also entertainment and night life. I will need to make new friends and would like to get into the dating scene again hopefully get married. Any suggestions. I'm originally from NYC.
Don't let the opinion of one person determine your choice. I am not African American but my choices (in order) would be:

San Antonio
Houston
Dallas

San Antonio is a military city and there are so many backgrounds in mix. If you are open to dating military men that is.

You definitely can't compare ANY Texas city against NYC though.

Good luck.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:21 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,686,375 times
I just spent three months in Houston on a job contract and absolutely loved. It is the MOST DIVERSE texas city and the largest. It's massive. A lot of young professionals and I think you'd have a lot of options as far as the dating scene. Also, it's a relatively affordable place to live. Coming from NYC I think Houston would provide you with all that you're used to in NYC....it has a big city feel, it's SUPER DIVERSE, and there are lots of young (ish) professionals. My vote goes to Houston

Old 08-19-2017, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
Don't let the opinion of one person determine your choice. I am not African American but my choices (in order) would be:

San Antonio
Houston
Dallas

San Antonio is a military city and there are so many backgrounds in mix. If you are open to dating military men that is.

You definitely can't compare ANY Texas city against NYC though.

Good luck.
Sure. They can visit San Antonio and hear the same from most other black women. Or, they can look in older threads discussing this topic and see several other black posters agreeing with me.

Last edited by L210; 08-19-2017 at 09:40 PM..

Old 08-19-2017, 10:49 PM

6,705 posts, read 8,771,270 times
Sorry L210. I forgot you speak for most, if not all black women in San Antonio. OP disregard my two cents in this thread and listen to L210.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio