Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 06:41 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times

Advertisements

Would anyone like a thesaurus with that? Yes, please, make mine a large.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 06:47 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,824,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
FCF....from what I understand, there is only one Blue Coral in the United States.

It's in Newport Beach CA. It's part of the OSI family....but the concept is to not make is a wide spread franchise like the Outback and others. The name "Blue Coral" was selected because it is the rarest type of coral found.....thus a fitting name for a very exclusive restaurant. Put it up there with the "W" hotel class.

I've heard it's spectacular and lives up to their claims. Here's the web site link:

Blue Coral Seafood & Spirits

And here is just one of the dinner entrees.

blue coral atlantis
a bountiful sampling of our freshest oysters, colossal gulf shrimp, bristol bay alaskan king crab claws and colossal legs (serves two)
Looks good..I had heard about this place. I also heard that it had closed Looks like it has. Blue Coral Seafood & Spirits

Old 05-07-2009, 06:52 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,367,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Looks good..I had heard about this place. I also heard that it had closed Looks like it has. Blue Coral Seafood & Spirits
Aww....that's too bad. I hadn't heard. It was supposed to be an experimental dining experience. The "spirits" sounded extraordinary. Possibly a better economic climate may have helped it succeed. I've heard a lot of the finer dining establishments are hurting a bit.....but not too much here in SA yet.

I suppose that goes back to why we are getting a Ruby Tuesday!

Old 05-07-2009, 06:52 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,780,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
What I'd really like is to get back on topic, but it seems you're far too obsessed with me for that that to happen. And I still don't understand why you think I owe anyone here an apology for disparaging Ruby Tuesday.
Don't play ignorant. Your first post in this thread wasn't directed at Ruby Tuesday, it was directed at the people posting in this thread. That is why the word jerk was used.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Would anyone like a thesaurus with that? Yes, please, make mine a large.
pass it to Drover. He needs to beef up for his next post to top the last. You missed "nanny nanny boo boo".

Old 05-07-2009, 06:56 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
OK, here we go.

I went back and re-read my original post and I now I get what all the fuss is about.

Quote:
Oh, wow. A Ruby Tuesday. Aren't you just the luckiest people in the world. I'm sure the arrival of a formulaic chain restaurant will add so much to your city's culinary landscape.
The highlighted part was meant as a tongue-in-cheek commentary on the quality of Ruby Tuesday, not on the culinary landscape of San Antonio. It was meant sarcastically, to mean that SA will not be a better place for the arrival of Ruby Tuesday. Sometimes sarcasm doesn't translate well from thought to written word, and this was one of those times. I apologize if anyone took my post as a shot at San Antonio; it was not intended that way.

Thanks, and have a nice day.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:00 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,780,329 times
Quote:
OK, here we go.

I went back and re-read my original post and I now I get what all the fuss is about.

The highlighted part was meant as a tongue-in-cheek commentary on the quality of Ruby Tuesday, not on the culinary landscape of San Antonio. It was meant sarcastically, to mean that SA will not be a better place for the arrival of Ruby Tuesday. Sometimes sarcasm doesn't translate well from thought to written word, and this was one of those times. I apologize if anyone took my post as a shot at San Antonio; it was not intended that way.

Thanks, and have a nice day.
No problem. Now that we all understand each other let's move on.

Although I think just to add, I don't think anyone believes RT will add any cultural substance to SA. It's just another food option for people.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:06 PM

Whew.....yes....thanks!

Old 05-07-2009, 07:06 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
I actually think the entire future of SA including land values, schools, and every single job is hinging on whether or not we get a Ruby Tuesday.
and then there was this one time in band camp..

Old 05-07-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I actually think the entire future of SA including land values, schools, and every single job is hinging on whether or not we get a Ruby Tuesday.
and then there was this one time in band camp..
OMG....thank you for that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio