Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2020, 01:06 PM

9,851 posts, read 13,698,680 times

Advertisements

Also saw that Luby's is liquidating all its assets including other chains; like Fudrucker's. I had forgotten that Fudrucker's was part of Luby's. https://news4sanantonio.com/news/loc...ssolve-company
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2020, 08:16 AM

950 posts, read 1,259,768 times
Yeah, I forgot that too. Never ate at Fuddruckers.Used to eat at Luby's years ago.Haven't been in a long time.I think most people thought of Luby's as old people food, since it seemed most of their clientle was elderly. I noticed this ages ago. The best Luby's that I ever ate at was the one in New braunfels, where the Golden Corral is now.Great food. My dad and i liked to eat there sometimes when we would go for a drive. He passed away in 1996, so can't recall when they closed that location. Went to Golden Corral on my birthday back in June. was weird to have them serve you, instead of you getting your own food. Hardly anyone there. Whole place just felt off period.The Linn's Chinese Buffet in Selma, on the IH35north Access road is still closed.

Old 09-10-2020, 09:33 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritos56 View Post
The Linn's Chinese Buffet in Selma, on the IH35north Access road is still closed.
So is the one on the southside as well. Been closed for awhile now. Makes me wonder if they will open back up.

Old 09-10-2020, 09:39 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Also saw that Luby's is liquidating all its assets including other chains; like Fudrucker's. I had forgotten that Fudrucker's was part of Luby's. https://news4sanantonio.com/news/loc...ssolve-company
I bought a Luby's cook book online a few months ago because I wanted their bacon cheese chopped sirloin steak recipe. I ended up making it and it was just like the restaurant except next time I would do the ingredients in half. It was too much at one time for me.

I am glad I did buy that book now because there are not any to be found online now except for one on Amazon for $300.

Old 09-10-2020, 10:29 AM

501 posts, read 776,764 times
Quote:
Went to Golden Corral on my birthday back in June. was weird to have them serve you, instead of you getting your own food. Hardly anyone there. Whole place just felt off period.The Linn's Chinese Buffet in Selma, on the IH35north Access road is still closed.
Haven't been to any indoor dining since early March but was curious how the places that did virtually all their business in a buffet setting were doing. We were big fans of a couple medical center area Indian places- anyone been to any of those lately?

Old 09-10-2020, 03:20 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,836,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtoman67z View Post
Haven't been to any indoor dining since early March but was curious how the places that did virtually all their business in a buffet setting were doing. We were big fans of a couple medical center area Indian places- anyone been to any of those lately?
The buffet's I've been to serve from one side of the table. Some are allowing the customer to serve themselves - but I won't eat at those yet, personally.

Old 09-20-2020, 12:32 PM

4,327 posts, read 7,235,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
Quarry- Where Joe's Crab Shack was------------------CHUY'S!!!!!!!
Just noticed the former Joe's Crab Shack/Mo's Irish Pub building has been demolished.

Old 11-13-2020, 09:45 PM

62 posts, read 149,219 times
Quote:
That has always been a problem here in San Antonio regarding seafood.I either go to SeaIsland or Red Lobster. There was a place many years ago on Broadway, don't recall the name. But it had excellent food , including seafood.Had Popano in parchment with vegetables for myself, forgot what my dad and sister had. BUT one day we wanted to go there, and it was closed. Bummer.
Water Street Grill?

Old 11-14-2020, 05:37 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,410,244 times
Water Street- Broadway and Basse

Christi's- Broadway close to Incarnate Word

Old 12-02-2020, 08:06 AM

4,434 posts, read 5,348,331 times
Quote:
A Cajun seafood boil franchise is opening its new location in Live Oak next year.

Red Hook Seafood & Bar will open at the The Village at Forum Parkway. Weitzman, a realty firm based out of Dallas, confirmed that Red Hook is now leasing the 6,500 square foot space off I-35 and Loop 1604 in a news release.
https://www.bizjournals.com/sananton...Pos=0#cxrecs_s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio