Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2011, 09:43 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,108,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillcountrywinefan View Post
Pasha is supposed to be opening another location either in or near the Aziz Oriental Rugs off Loop 1604 in Sonterra. I will try and get more details and post them here.
Saw the sign for it. It'll be in the Vineyard Shopping Center along 1604 between Johnny Carino's and Ounce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 02:37 PM

443 posts, read 1,506,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
Saw the sign for it. It'll be in the Vineyard Shopping Center along 1604 between Johnny Carino's and Ounce.
Thats good to know! I've been to the one in I-10 and I like it. Now I can go more often now that they will open one in the Stone Oak area

Old 02-11-2011, 03:48 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,947,225 times
Tilted Kilt is opening in the old Bennigan's location on 1604/281 (by Academy)

Old 02-11-2011, 06:49 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,339,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Tilted Kilt is opening in the old Bennigan's location on 1604/281 (by Academy)

i think i got a flyer or something from them with very scantily clad waitresses. So I guess it's a scottish hooters?

and why is it never hot looking gents? I mean we all know those scots go commando under those kilts -- that would convince me to pick up drinking again.

Old 02-12-2011, 07:26 AM

3,216 posts, read 8,555,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
and why is it never hot looking gents? I mean we all know those scots go commando under those kilts -- that would convince me to pick up drinking again.
...lad, I don't know where you've been tonight, but I see you won first prize...

Old 02-12-2011, 07:42 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,947,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
i think i got a flyer or something from them with very scantily clad waitresses. So I guess it's a scottish hooters?

Yes. It's like Hooters but with food that's actually edible.

I just wish we could get a Bone Daddy's instead.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:14 AM

11 posts, read 17,248 times
There is a new Habshi Buffet in the 410 and Rigsby but do not know when it will open. It looks like they are almost done. It used to be the old Luby's restaurant.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:35 AM

1,066 posts, read 3,693,614 times
Default Steak n Shake

Looks like San Antonio's first Steak n Shake will be I-10 & 1604 (NE corner)

STEAK 'N SHAKE BUILDING FIRST SAN ANTONIO LOCATION ~ SAMETRODAILY.COM │ SAN ANTONIO METRO DAILY

Old 02-19-2011, 09:51 PM

3 posts, read 10,037 times
Luke (German name pronounced Lu-kay) on the River in the Embassy Suites opened around Thanksgiving. It's a John Besh restaurant.

Foodies will remember that John Besh was in the running for Next Iron Chef and he lost to Michael Symon. John's home restaurant is in New Orleans.

So, to the food...it's very delicious. On Sunday, there is a live jazz trio to make you flashback to NO. During the week, meat pies (like from Natchitoches, but think empanada) are 50 cents each, and there is a discount drink menu. The meat pies come with a tomato dipping sauce which sounds horrible but is wonderful and not anything like marinara.

The Sunday Brunch fried chicken is enough for 2 meals. Take home left-overs. 3 pieces of yummy chicken, fabulous fresh Pearl Market veggies (I had carrots and grreen beans), and a cast iron pot of to-die-for homemade potato salad. Oh, you also get a soup choice. That's alot of food.

Never go to Luke without ordering the Bloody Mary. It is accompanied by a glass of Alamo Golden Ale. The Bloody Mary is served in a mason quart jar. On the bamboo spear is a complete salad! Pickled quail egg, pickled green beans and okra and watermelon rind. It's amazing, never seen anything like it. The Bloody Mary alone is worth a visit.

It's a pleasure to eat at Luke. I'm eager for the weather become pleasant enough to eat outside on the patio.

BTW, the 1st time we ate there, John and his family were dining. He was gracious and met everyone who was interested in talking to him.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:18 PM

3,247 posts, read 9,051,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanangl View Post
Luke (German name pronounced Lu-kay) on the River in the Embassy Suites opened around Thanksgiving. It's a John Besh restaurant.

Foodies will remember that John Besh was in the running for Next Iron Chef and he lost to Michael Symon. John's home restaurant is in New Orleans.

So, to the food...it's very delicious. On Sunday, there is a live jazz trio to make you flashback to NO. During the week, meat pies (like from Natchitoches, but think empanada) are 50 cents each, and there is a discount drink menu. The meat pies come with a tomato dipping sauce which sounds horrible but is wonderful and not anything like marinara.

The Sunday Brunch fried chicken is enough for 2 meals. Take home left-overs. 3 pieces of yummy chicken, fabulous fresh Pearl Market veggies (I had carrots and grreen beans), and a cast iron pot of to-die-for homemade potato salad. Oh, you also get a soup choice. That's alot of food.

Never go to Luke without ordering the Bloody Mary. It is accompanied by a glass of Alamo Golden Ale. The Bloody Mary is served in a mason quart jar. On the bamboo spear is a complete salad! Pickled quail egg, pickled green beans and okra and watermelon rind. It's amazing, never seen anything like it. The Bloody Mary alone is worth a visit.

It's a pleasure to eat at Luke. I'm eager for the weather become pleasant enough to eat outside on the patio.

BTW, the 1st time we ate there, John and his family were dining. He was gracious and met everyone who was interested in talking to him.
The best restaurant in San Antonio hands down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio