Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2012, 05:58 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Now that both Gourmet Burger Grill locations are gone, are there any restaurants in town that could serve ahi tuna burger? Or just plain ahi tuna steak?
Dang! we liked GBG.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 08:13 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,096,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnts71 View Post
why does culvers do so well? isnt it right next door?
Culver's has a following among midwesterners. It's the only restaurant that I'm willing to drive to that part of DeZavala for.

Wish they'd open a North Central location, even though I might go there too often if they did.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:24 AM

1,552 posts, read 2,328,448 times
The Thai restaurant across the street does well also. The location was cursed by the construction and Mr. Cod didn't have the product. Hope this isn't off topic but it speaks to location vs. quality.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:38 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,236,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM-Texas View Post
The Thai restaurant across the street does well also. The location was cursed by the construction and Mr. Cod didn't have the product. Hope this isn't off topic but it speaks to location vs. quality.

As dose Rome's pizza, and the Indian place right next to it. If you have good food, it can over come a bad location

Old 12-19-2012, 12:06 PM

580 posts, read 1,429,294 times
Lots of stuff going in at Blue Star, including new restaurants:

Blue Star Arts Complex seeing influx of retail - San Antonio Express-News

I'm curious to see how Halcyon will do in SA. The one in Austin is pretty cool: very sleek, with nice coffee and nice drinks--and open late. It's an idea that doesn't exist in SA yet. Wish it were going in at the Pearl instead! (That's where I live.)

"Stella Public House"--the same guy's pizzeria and craft beer bar at Blue Star--also sounds pretty damn awesome. I do like to see people moving into SA who know that nice establishments require a lot of time and a lot of money. So often, people in SA try to do things on the cheap and the quick, and we're left with mediocrity at best.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:38 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,026,358 times
Now that both Gourmet Burger Grill locations are shut down, where can we find ahi tuna burgers in San Antonio? Or, if there are no burgers, where can we find ahi tuna steaks?

Old 12-20-2012, 04:45 AM

16 posts, read 26,107 times
Not that I think that anyone here would shed a tear if they were gone, I did notice that the when I drove by the Panda Buffet place on NW I-10 across from Ingram Park Mall yesterday evening, all the lights were off and parking lot empty. (Not sure if that means they're closed, but it's definitely a good indicator in that direction.)

Went there twice in the past few years, and it was just your average low-quality Chinese buffet place. AFAIK, the *very best* of the big-scale Chinese buffet places are barely mediocre on good days, so one less location is no skin off my nose. My experience in the past in other cities has always been the best Chinese buffets are at regular Chinese restaurants who might only do a buffet for a couple hours during lunch or one day over the weekend, because it's just their regular menu fare in buffet format, rather than the mass-produced stuff at the big-box places.

Old 12-20-2012, 06:48 AM

1,099 posts, read 2,073,566 times
the dunkin donuts building is up on culebra...something going next to it...a stand a long building...del taco?

Old 12-20-2012, 08:57 AM

62 posts, read 110,725 times
We have heard that both a Panera and Einstein Bros. were supposed to be in AR? Was that from long ago, before the economy tanked? Would love either one over there!

Old 12-20-2012, 11:06 AM

9,848 posts, read 13,687,247 times
The location where Mr. Cod's was was previous a Charley's. This will be the third go around for something at this location. There is also a mcAllister's and Buffalo Wild Wings in the same location that didn't appear to do badly during the construction. Not to mention the other locations across the street didn't suffer. I was there last weekend to drop something off at the UPS store and the whole parking lot was full. So, I hardly doubt that it's the location, it's the actual food there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio