Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2014, 07:15 AM

447 posts, read 1,044,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneCarter View Post
Thy are signed on at the site of the former TGI Friday's near North Star Mall. The building will be ton down and In n Out will build on said site.
Ouch, I welcome In n Out and that's close enough for me to stop by at lunch, but did anyone from corporate research the traffic problems there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 07:32 AM

1,099 posts, read 2,074,011 times
exactly why its going there probably...lots of cars

Old 01-23-2014, 08:43 AM

501 posts, read 776,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
Glad to see San Antonio getting a In n' Out.
In n' Out deservedly has it's own multi-page thread //www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...ger-enter.html
I can only imagine the traffic nightmare at that location once they open. As it is now, I'd rather drive the extra few miles to La Cantera just to avoid the hassles getting in and out of North Star.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:00 AM

135 posts, read 191,566 times
Yeah I'll bypass all the porkys killing each other to go there...I'll wait 10mins for fast food and when at dinner I'll wait 30 mins at a nice place. Nothing in San Antonio is worth me waiting any longer.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:31 AM

336 posts, read 484,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bspray View Post
Why do you get to be the judge of what deserves a whole new thread and what doesn't?

Also, comments on moderation are against the terms of service here.
What I am is trying to keep the main board clean looking. Obviously others agree with me

As for mod commentary, it's against TOS to comment on what they've done, not to publicly make kind suggestions as to make the board better.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:51 AM

4,327 posts, read 7,234,158 times
Quote:
Thy are signed on at the site of the former TGI Friday's near North Star Mall. The building will be ton down and In n Out will build on said site.
The TGI Friday's across from North Star Mall (NW corner of 410 & McCullough) is still open for business. According to an article published in the E-N, In N Out has made no announcement regarding expansion into San Antonio, and a spokesperson at the Friday's that supposedly is to be demolished for the new In N Out, claimed to have no knowledge of any plans to close, relocate, or demolish that Friday's location.

Old 01-23-2014, 12:06 PM

6 posts, read 5,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
The TGI Friday's across from North Star Mall (NW corner of 410 & McCullough) is still open for business. According to an article published in the E-N, In N Out has made no announcement regarding expansion into San Antonio, and a spokesperson at the Friday's that supposedly is to be demolished for the new In N Out, claimed to have no knowledge of any plans to close, relocate, or demolish that Friday's location.
I'm not sure what you're trying to argue. A company owned by In n Out purchased the the site where the TGIFriday's is currently. What exactly does that tell us? They're planning on building a store there. Also, the person who picked up the phone at the TGIFriday's wasn't a spokesperson, just an employee who works there. I doubt they'd have any inside information on a deal that officially closed just two days ago.

Old 01-23-2014, 12:20 PM

4,327 posts, read 7,234,158 times
Quote:
Quote:
I'm not sure what you're trying to argue. A company owned by In n Out purchased the the site where the TGIFriday's is currently. What exactly does that tell us? They're planning on building a store there. Also, the person who picked up the phone at the TGIFriday's wasn't a spokesperson, just an employee who works there. I doubt they'd have any inside information on a deal that officially closed just two days ago.
1. The TGI Friday's in question isn't closed, it is still open for business as of today.

2. According to the local newspaper, officials at In N Out corporate have no announcement regarding future expansion into the San Antonio market.

While it is true a shell corporation linked to In N Out purchased the subject Friday's site last October, without offficial word from either Friday's or In N Out, we are left with speculation.

Old 01-23-2014, 12:32 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,947,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post

Bill Miller is the best fast food restaurant in the nation period point blank.
Can't. Stop. Laughing.

Been in SA for over 25 years and eaten at Bill Millers 4 times. After each trip, I promised it would be my last. BARF!!

Whataburger ain't all that either. The folks knock those who fawn over In-N-Out but it seems these days, the Whataburger fanboys are just as bad.

Old 01-23-2014, 12:40 PM

6 posts, read 5,275 times
Quote:
1. The TGI Friday's in question isn't closed, it is still open for business as of today.

2. According to the local newspaper, officials at In N Out corporate have no announcement regarding future expansion into the San Antonio market.

While it is true a shell corporation linked to In N Out purchased the subject Friday's site last October, without offficial word from either Friday's or In N Out, we are left with speculation.
Yes, it was my mistake in saying the TGI Friday's was closed. It was a communication error "through the wires" and I apologize for the gaffe.

In the article posted, which was written hours after I posted the information here may I note, the author does not say officials at In N Out have no announcement, just that they couldn't be reached.

Again, the purchase of the property became official two days ago, not back in October.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio