Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2014, 09:12 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,512,141 times

Advertisements

I think I already said it, but Señor Veggie! S. Presa at St Mary's. Incredible!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2014, 11:11 AM

And Jason Dady is bringing his BBQ to Southtown Southtown is getting a barbecue joint - Food Flashes

Old 02-14-2014, 11:14 AM

915 posts, read 1,894,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
I think I already said it, but Señor Veggie! S. Presa at St Mary's. Incredible!!!
overheard someone in Costco promoting this place this week. need to check it out.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebtx View Post
overheard someone in Costco promoting this place this week. need to check it out.

They do excellent vegan dishes. You won't go hungry! They've been catering for a few years and have been regulars at the Quarry Farmer's Market (and while it lasted, the Blue Star market). They're still getting their hours sorted (back and forth between offering lunch or not, so check first). They got pretty slammed the first weekend of opening so cut back a bit on hours, but now I think they're back to regular action.

Old 02-14-2014, 01:02 PM

4,423 posts, read 5,295,758 times
New fast food player is coming on scene in San Antonio "Pollo Tropical"

Pollo Tropical coming soon to S.A. - San Antonio Express-News

Old 02-14-2014, 02:56 PM

915 posts, read 1,894,943 times
Quote:
They do excellent vegan dishes. You won't go hungry! They've been catering for a few years and have been regulars at the Quarry Farmer's Market (and while it lasted, the Blue Star market). They're still getting their hours sorted (back and forth between offering lunch or not, so check first). They got pretty slammed the first weekend of opening so cut back a bit on hours, but now I think they're back to regular action.

You sure you weren't in Costco this week? nearly verbatim what I overheard walking down an aisle. in any case, thanks for the info!

Old 02-14-2014, 05:25 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,952,882 times
Quote:
And Jason Dady is bringing his BBQ to Southtown Southtown is getting a barbecue joint - Food Flashes
This was awesome news before I read Steve and Jody Newman were partners. They are very friendly people, but the Friendly Spot and Tuk Turk are incredibly overpriced IMO. Here comes more overpriced food and beer to Southtown.

Old 02-14-2014, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebtx View Post
You sure you weren't in Costco this week? nearly verbatim what I overheard walking down an aisle. in any case, thanks for the info!
No, wasn't me, but they have many fans. Unfortunately the owners lost their 1924 house and every thing in it this week due to a devastating fire. They're keeping the restaurant running while they try to sort out their home situation.

And while I'm not a big fan of China Garden's food, I appreciate their neighborhood spirit and I'm going to eat there on Feb 18:

China Garden
A fellow Southtown business (Senor Veggie) is going through rough times as their house caught fire. In order to help them out China Garden will be donating 30% of each sale when you mention the name "Senor Veggie" this coming Tuesday February 18, 2014.

Good for ALL China Garden locations. Dine In and Take Out ONLY. Excludes delivery.

Señor Veggie
Señor Veggie

Old 02-14-2014, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXEX06 View Post
This was awesome news before I read Steve and Jody Newman were partners. They are very friendly people, but the Friendly Spot and Tuk Turk are incredibly overpriced IMO. Here comes more overpriced food and beer to Southtown.
True, but people are buying it.

China Garden's new Sports Bar venture will have BBQ, so you can always go that route. I don't do BBQ at all, but I am happy to see a business go into a long vacant spot.

And in defense of the Newmans, they donate a ridiculous amount of profits to various organizations, particularly local schools. They've done amazing things for this neighborhood.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:52 PM

3 posts, read 5,226 times
can anyone confirm that Whiskey Cake Kitchen & Bar is going in at La Cantera across from Perry's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio