Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2014, 09:28 PM

336 posts, read 484,102 times

Advertisements

Hot Joy, a new Southtown eatery (and brainchild from the folks who created The Monterey), is whispered to be opening this Sunday night...

Got a look tonight at the total redesign of the former China Latina space on S. Alamo: It's stunning and sets a new (very high) bar for interior design at San Antonio restaurants. Literally, I would put Hot Joy's new overall design aesthetic up against anything I've seen in LA, Chicago or NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 05:49 AM

1,099 posts, read 2,074,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quovadimis View Post
I believe going in at the corner of Wilderness and Hardy Oak ( next to the Broadway bank being built) is a Whataburger.
Drove by this area yesterday and there is something being built but no signs indicating what

Old 03-26-2014, 08:55 AM

580 posts, read 1,429,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staunchcharacter View Post
Hot Joy, a new Southtown eatery (and brainchild from the folks who created The Monterey), is whispered to be opening this Sunday night...

Got a look tonight at the total redesign of the former China Latina space on S. Alamo: It's stunning and sets a new (very high) bar for interior design at San Antonio restaurants. Literally, I would put Hot Joy's new overall design aesthetic up against anything I've seen in LA, Chicago or NYC.
Neat! Have you seen the menu yet?

Old 03-26-2014, 11:09 AM

4,307 posts, read 9,556,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneOf48 View Post
Neat! Have you seen the menu yet?
I haven't seen a menu, but did you go when Hot Joy was operating out of the Monterey? I've had the chef's food on other occasions. Great stuff. He does a sort of funky Asian fusion cuisine.

FWIW - Hot Joy operated as a pop up in Sun & Mon nights out of the Monterey for awhile. It's not exactly another arm of the Monty, it's independent, but more like cousins.

I'm excited to see that space finally get used!

Old 03-26-2014, 03:29 PM

1,099 posts, read 2,074,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAFD_Wife View Post
Looking forward to that one. There is something new being built right next to the McDonald's. Im going to be so annoyed if it's another bank!
FYI I got this from Kneaders today

KNEADERS BAKERY & CAFÉ BREAKS GROUND ON FIRST TEXAS LOCATION

SAN ANTONIO, Texas (March, 17 2014) — Construction for a new Kneaders Bakery & Café location will commence following a groundbreaking ceremony on March, 17 2014. A premier fast-casual restaurant and retail shop, this new location will be the company’s first unit in the state of Texas.

“We are very excited to expand Kneaders’ footprint into Texas,” says James Worthington, CEO of Kneaders Bakery and Café. “The past couple of years has seen tremendous growth for our company and new opportunities for our franchisees. We’re thrilled to open our first store in the San Antonio market and we look forward to more growth throughout 2014 and beyond.”

Joel Orton is the Operating Partner for the new location which will be located at 21639 Hardy Oak Blvd, San Antonio, Texas 78258.

Since opening its first location in 1997 Kneaders Bakery and Café has expanded to 29 locations across four states. The San Antonio unit will mark Kneaders’ 30th unit and the first Texas location.

About Kneaders Bakery & Café Kneaders is an award-winning bakery and café franchise. Kneaders uses only the highest-quality ingredients to create freshly baked artisan breads, delicious sandwiches, homemade pastries, hearty soups, and refreshing salads. Kneaders is best known for its European hearth breads, hand-pulled turkey sandwiches, Chunky Cinnamon French Toast, seasonal pastries made fresh daily, and award-winning gift baskets. Kneaders also provides catering services for groups of all sizes, from business meetings to weddings, and offers a variety of retail products, including holiday-themed decor.

Colleen and Gary Worthington opened the first Kneaders in Orem, Utah in 1997. Shortly after opening, James Worthington, CEO, and David Vincent, CFO, joined them. Kneaders has received many local awards, including the 2013 Utah Valley Business of the Year award, numerous consecutive Best of State awards, and has earned national recognition in “Modern Baking” magazine for the Leadership Award for management. They also earned the No. 8 rating on “Restaurant Business” magazine’s Future 50 list, and a No. 100 rating in the Technomic’s 150 Fast-Casual Sales Growth list.

For more information, visit kneaders.com.

Old 03-26-2014, 03:50 PM

580 posts, read 1,429,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
I haven't seen a menu, but did you go when Hot Joy was operating out of the Monterey? I've had the chef's food on other occasions. Great stuff. He does a sort of funky Asian fusion cuisine.

FWIW - Hot Joy operated as a pop up in Sun & Mon nights out of the Monterey for awhile. It's not exactly another arm of the Monty, it's independent, but more like cousins.

I'm excited to see that space finally get used!
Yeah, I went there once at The Monterey and really enjoyed what they did. What I liked best about it was that they had a pretty good (and crazy!) veggie selection, which isn't something you see at The Monterey that often.

Looking forward to it opening.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:13 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,195,504 times
Seems this one slid in under the radar:

Growler station to open in River North - San Antonio Express-News

Old 03-27-2014, 08:08 PM

145 posts, read 378,838 times
No signage yet, but if you google the realestate site it lists Whataburger
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnts71 View Post
Drove by this area yesterday and there is something being built but no signs indicating what

Old 03-28-2014, 08:58 AM

501 posts, read 776,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staunchcharacter View Post

Nothing on their FB/twitter...but did hear somewhere that April 3 might be the date. Parking is bound to be the weak link for non-homies, though I'm glad SA never jumped on the valet bandwagon like big D.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:08 AM

923 posts, read 1,502,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quovadimis View Post
No signage yet, but if you google the realestate site it lists Whataburger
Link?

My son who goes to Lopez Middle School nearby heard a rumor from another student that there would be a Whataburger there, but I think it's just wishful thinking by the kids.

If you have a link though, I'll stand corrected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio