Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2015, 06:51 PM

35 posts, read 51,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I hope it's as good as the original. We love breakfast at the one on Nacogdoches. Any idea when it will be opening?
No clue, they were putting up the new sign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 07:29 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,023,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanW1976 View Post
No clue, they were putting up the new sign.
Yes, we noticed it on Saturday. Actually we're closer to the Nacogdoches location but I'm just happy for them, that they're expanding. Hopefully that spot will be OK for them.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:39 PM

108 posts, read 119,521 times
The new Tink a Taco opened on Marbach where the Poncho's used to be. It was really crowded and the parking lot was full. I hope they make it. I will probably not go there much except for take out

Old 10-07-2015, 11:51 AM

4,433 posts, read 5,345,000 times
Embers opened in the old Ruby Tuesday off of I-10.

New casual restaurant opens on Northwest Side - Food Flashes

Old 10-07-2015, 12:01 PM

6,705 posts, read 8,773,330 times
Would anyone happen to know what business is opening in the old Furr's location (7863 S I-35) near Zarzamora street. There is a lot of remodeling going on there.

Old 10-07-2015, 04:23 PM

265 posts, read 534,296 times
I too have been watching that location. A building permit search revealed permits issued to: Cynthia Gomez. Huayi Inc (which is a toy manufacturer and distributor) Shou En Chen, and Caixing Lin. Googling and FB searching each has not produced anything of use.... but it is confirmed of the remodeling of a buffet (Furr's)
Personally, I wish Cutie BBQ would come here as this part of the southside is severely lacking a serious BBQ purveyor.

update - located an assumed name certificate executed by a Shou Hung Chen for a Taste of China Super Buffet (from 1996) may be a reach.... time will tell.

Old 10-07-2015, 05:20 PM

6,705 posts, read 8,773,330 times
Thanks John911. If it is in fact Chinese buffet then I can't say I am too thrilled. With the exception of Panda Express, my experience with Chinese food on the southside hasn't been all that great.

Old 10-07-2015, 10:04 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,193,169 times
There's a Bahama Buck's open at Roxbury & NW Loop 410....shaved ice anyone??

Old 10-08-2015, 11:09 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,449,871 times
There is a new place in Alamo Ranch intersection (the little strip mall behind Mama Margies and Bill Millers) that has an AMAZING SEAFOOD PLACE!!! The food is FANTASTIC, the prices are SO VERY REASONABLE, and this is their 1st San Antonio location after doing a booming business with several locations in Houston.

http://www.thelacrawfish.com/locations.php

I SERIOUSLY think if you are into any kind of seafood you should give this a try! They have Cajun/Vietnamese kind of seafood with a twist, but their prices are SO VERY good!! If you are not into crawfish, do not let that throw you...they have everything from shrimp, chicken, fish, oysters, po-boys, blue crab, snow crab and king crab. They also do HUGE chicken wings (flat and the jointed part!) and Pho!!!!! Check out their FB page for AWESOME prices and huge selection. Also, it is a BYOB place, not many of those in SA. (They do sell Michaladas, but I don't like beer).

Old 10-10-2015, 03:52 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,914,437 times
Think I'm about to cry. The warden and I were out and about when I decided it was an old Tip Top Cafe kinda day. As usual the place was loaded We got seated and that's when we started seeing differences. No guys to bring you your drinks, no bus boys either. The twin sisters were no where to be seen and the staff was all new faces. Looking thru the pass thru where the groceries come out, all new folks in there too.....this can't be good we thought. Got the menu and guess what- it's new too and so are the prices. Their chicken fried steak that has kept the doors open on this place for decades is now $11.69, a little pricey considering there are no dancing girls. The wife only had a baked potato, no drink, while I had tea. The bill was just short of 20 bucks. I have no issues paying for good food but the chicken fried steak was like the menu- new. Yeah, it's bigger but I had to add ketchup so there was some flavor on the plate. Frankly, nothing tasted right or the same including the tea which was sweetened with beet sugar-blah!. So now they take credit cards but no checks. Now they are open on Mondays. Almost sounds like it's under new management. I have no clue but if Linda thought this was a better idea, she was wrong. I doubt we go back anymore. I'm a chicken fried steak kinda guy, no doubt, and there was a time I'd drive across town to sit down at Tip Top for one but frankly, I wouldn't drive across the street for what I just had. The CFS is far better at Chilis and it's miles closer. May be the new location is better but my money says this place will be history in 2 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio