Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2016, 04:03 PM

947 posts, read 1,242,561 times

Advertisements

There's a Bubba's 33 in Live Oak/Universal City next to what used to be the old KMART/Lane Bryant/ RedCats call center which is now a furniture store. The Mod St. Stone must be opeing up where the Peter Piper's Pizza used to be , right next to Home Depot in the Forum. I work part time in The Forum over at TJMAXX, and this is the only spot that would make sense over there. I'll have to look this place up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2016, 11:54 PM

715 posts, read 1,349,402 times
Did Zios in Live Oak close??

Old 11-03-2016, 08:45 AM

4,299 posts, read 7,162,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davi78239 View Post
Did Zios in Live Oak close??
Zios filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in September, and announced the closing of some locations, including the one on SE Military. I don't think the Live Oak location was to be included, but maybe they closed additional locations? The Live Oak location still shows on their website.

Was there any signage on the door, or did it just look like it was closed (i.e. no cars in the parking lot)?

Old 11-03-2016, 10:40 PM

715 posts, read 1,349,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
Zios filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in September, and announced the closing of some locations, including the one on SE Military. I don't think the Live Oak location was to be included, but maybe they closed additional locations? The Live Oak location still shows on their website.

Was there any signage on the door, or did it just look like it was closed (i.e. no cars in the parking lot)?
Friend of mine drove by earlier and said it was closed.

Old 11-04-2016, 09:53 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,516,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
Noticed last night that the Palenque Grill on 1604 at Stone Oak Parkway has moved. I was driving and didn't catch from the sign where it moved to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashfearless View Post
Are you fairly sure about that? Just drove by there Tuesday night and the lights were on, and their website lists it as a location and you can still make reservations there during the week. Maybe it was a private party.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
Their website (Copyright 2015) shows locations at Stone Oak and at La Cantera. But when I Google Palenque Grill, it only shows the La Cantera location as active, with the Stone Oak location noted as "Permanently Closed".

It may be a case where they didn't really move, but closed a location, and direct customers to a remaining location, and haven't gotten around to updating their website.
Drove by tonight. No lights, sign is gone. Several white banners are up, but I did not see what they said.

Palenque Grill is no more.

Old 11-11-2016, 08:24 PM

50 posts, read 51,737 times
Snooze will be opening at Alamo Quarry Market in Spring 2017: San Antonio gets new restaurant devoted to brunch 7 days a week - CultureMap San Antonio

I wish they were opening it at The Rim instead... We've gone several times in Denver and have thoroughly enjoyed it, so I'm excited to have one here.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:19 AM

1,009 posts, read 1,104,307 times
Golden Chick has closed on 281 North near Stone Oak Parkway. Don't understand it as their setup and taste was superior to Canes and Popeyes. Even had free soft serve for dine in. Loved their green beans and corn poppers too.

Old 11-12-2016, 08:52 AM

3,216 posts, read 8,516,443 times
Plus with all of the other restaurants opening around them, I would think that would draw more people in general to the area.

Old 11-12-2016, 09:58 AM

437 posts, read 634,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashfearless View Post
Golden Chick has closed on 281 North near Stone Oak Parkway. Don't understand it as their setup and taste was superior to Canes and Popeyes. Even had free soft serve for dine in. Loved their green beans and corn poppers too.
Agreed with pobre. I'm surprised at that. It was open for not even 2 years. With all the development going on around it I figured they were in good shape to eventually pull plenty of business. At least that's what I thought there plan was when they opened up with nothing else around them.

Old 11-14-2016, 07:59 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,104,307 times
Spring Chinese place on Hardy Oak in Stone Oak is now closed too! Man, two of my haunts close in one week. Not for a lack of my supporting them. This was the only edible chinese place in Stone Oak. I tried Panda Express and it tastes like the frozen stuff in the bag at HEB. Cripes this a pain in the *******s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio