Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2017, 08:06 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,437,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
You read way too much into my statement. Calm down and let me know how the restaurant is when it opens.

Please do enlighten me what the root cause is if you know it.
My apologies if I misunderstood then.

I don't know the root cause, but I can assure you, it isn't just availability.

I would probably start with the false education we've been fed from bad or false reports from research in my lifetime.
Things like, "fat is the enemy", "you need to have a good breakfast!" to start, then I'm sure there's a ton of emotional causes.

Anyway, that's a debate for another forum on another day.

I hope Shake Shack does well, I hear they have a good burger, and I haven't tried them yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 08:08 AM

381 posts, read 1,093,090 times
Sorry if this has been asked already. When I search for this question, I get this thread but the search does not tell me what page to go to.

Is Los Generales on 281 permanently closed? I drove by it yesterday (Saturday) around 5:30 pm and it looked closed.

Old 01-29-2017, 12:14 PM

207 posts, read 320,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstmom View Post
Sorry if this has been asked already. When I search for this question, I get this thread but the search does not tell me what page to go to.

Is Los Generales on 281 permanently closed? I drove by it yesterday (Saturday) around 5:30 pm and it looked closed.
I just called and they are open but close at 3pm today while their listed hours on Yelp say 8pm. So it looks like they're cutting back hours.

Old 01-29-2017, 12:28 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim8 View Post
My apologies if I misunderstood then.

I don't know the root cause, but I can assure you, it isn't just availability.

I would probably start with the false education we've been fed from bad or false reports from research in my lifetime.
Things like, "fat is the enemy", "you need to have a good breakfast!" to start, then I'm sure there's a ton of emotional causes.

Anyway, that's a debate for another forum on another day.

I hope Shake Shack does well, I hear they have a good burger, and I haven't tried them yet.
I apologize for not being more clear but I was never attacking the restaurant itself. I actually made that comment because it is my understanding majority of these silly "top ten fattest" articles that pop up use data such as the # of fast food restaurants in the city that offer this kind of food.

It will probably be awhile before I try out the place when it opens. I will probably just order the regular burger because I will want a soda and fries with it. lol

Old 01-29-2017, 07:00 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
Not exactly San Antonio related but anyone who travels between SA and Houston has probably stopped here at least once.

Quote:
Cheryl Lauterstein, who owns the business with her brother Frank Tilicek III, has sold the property to Columbus real estate developer Stuart Halstedt, who has purchased the property and has plans to demolish it, reported the Fayette County Record.
Frank's Restaurant in Schulenburg is closing this fall - San Antonio Express-News

This place was a favorite of my grandpa but I didn't eat there much myself.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:18 PM

4,329 posts, read 7,235,823 times
El Maracumbe on Austin Highway @ Harry Wurzbach had a "Closed For Remodeling" sign posted on the door, with no activity visible. A sign like that usually doesn't bode well for the future of a restaurant. El Maracumbe has operated at that location for more than 30 years.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:20 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,348,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
El Maracumbe on Austin Highway @ Harry Wurzbach had a "Closed For Remodeling" sign posted on the door, with no activity visible. A sign like that usually doesn't bode well for the future of a restaurant. El Maracumbe has operated at that location for more than 30 years.
In the last few years it has gone WAY down hill.

Old 02-02-2017, 11:48 PM

265 posts, read 534,615 times
I used to frequent El Meracumbe years ago, but I no longer work in the area and haven't been there in some time.

Martha's aka El Chris' Martha's aka the Pink Cantina at 818 NE Loop 410 near Broadway has closed. Their website says to check in for an announcement of where they are relocating to.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:50 AM

38 posts, read 89,676 times
Does anyone have any information on what happened to La Fonda Oak Hills? We had not eaten there since October, and went last Friday and it was completely closed up. The big neon sign on Fred Rd is still lit up, but there is no indication on the door about what the situation is. Renovating? Closed forever? Anyone know?

Old 02-03-2017, 10:55 AM

159 posts, read 185,744 times
Slim Chickens https://slimchickens.com/ is coming to 12530 Bandera Rd, Helotes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio