Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2009, 02:41 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,968,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Rapscallion: back to Arirang (again). I passed by the place around midnight yesterday and saw many more cars parking there. Looks like they might pick up more business late at night when others are closed already.
A lot of Koreans go there after the bar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 07:37 PM

62 posts, read 143,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dccvms View Post
It's all good. I understand all you San Antonions have never heard of Longhorn Steakhouse, but when you go there, you will understand!!!
Longhorn Steakhouse - your typical Suburban strip-mall, big bucket of peanuts by the entrance, please take a vibrating coaster while you wait and enjoy an amber-bock on draft streakhouse, a step up from Red Lobster or Olive Garden, but not by much. Basically Outback with branding irons and cowboy pictures instead of boomerangs and kangaroo pictures.

Like Outback, the food is decidedly average but hard for the chef to screw up. I'm a bit surprised they expanded into steak-saturated Texas, but they should do well - if nothing else, it is clean, consistent and looks nice from the outside.

I had a forlorn hope that perhaps it was something a bit more remarkable than just another mid-range, soul-numbing chain restaurant.... how irrational of me.

Old 11-07-2009, 08:29 PM

153 posts, read 283,233 times
1st off obviously you are confusing them because there is no big bucket of peanuts . Yes you can ask for some but usually you only see them in bowls at the bar.

There are not that many true steakhouses around S.A. I appreciate your opinion, however while bashing something have your facts straight. I seriously think you are confusing them with Lonestar.

I understand you must hate chains, but give me a restaurant that goes on them waits daily, at least you known if so many people go it must be good, and the food will be fresh...

Old 11-08-2009, 09:25 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,552,553 times
Quote:
1st off obviously you are confusing them because there is no big bucket of peanuts . Yes you can ask for some but usually you only see them in bowls at the bar.

There are not that many true steakhouses around S.A. I appreciate your opinion, however while bashing something have your facts straight. I seriously think you are confusing them with Lonestar.

I understand you must hate chains, but give me a restaurant that goes on them waits daily, at least you known if so many people go it must be good, and the food will be fresh...
Considering that the majority of your whopping 13 posts are regarding (promoting/defending??) Longhorn Steakhouse, I'm wondering what your "connection" to them is???

Old 11-08-2009, 09:46 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,096,265 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Considering that the majority of your whopping 13 posts are regarding (promoting/defending??) Longhorn Steakhouse, I'm wondering what your "connection" to them is???
This is a fair question. dccmvs, if you'd prefer for privacy reasons to provide the answer to a moderator in a Direct Message, you can send it to me.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:18 PM

153 posts, read 283,233 times
It is a very good, fair question that I don't have a problem answering. I am interested in a good steakhouse coming to S.A, even if I dont live there. And I own some stock. So Yes I have interest, even with my whopping 13.... 14 posts now

Last edited by dccvms; 11-08-2009 at 01:43 PM..

Old 11-08-2009, 01:35 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,820,588 times
Quote:
I am interested in a good steakhouse coming to S.A, even if I dont live there. And I own some stock. So Yes I have interest, even with my whopping 13.... 14 posts now
Now we have the reason he's been hawking Longhorn Steakhouse.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:06 PM

62 posts, read 143,563 times
Quote:

My point exactly - Longhorn is just another formulaic steakhouse popping up in suburbia, easily confused with the other chains that offer peanuts from different sized receptacles.

When a steakhouse finally offers the waiting masses "down under peanuts" or "kangaroo-nuts" from a big bucket (or just in bowls at the bar), then the prophecy will be fulfilled, and the world will end. I give it 4 years.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:11 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
May be sooner than 4 years, since Willie Nelson-style nuts seem to be the winner:

Texas Roadhouse. Free peanuts and the down-market folksiness of this burger-and-steak chain with the Willie Nelson memorabilia have kept the crowds from fleeing to cheaper joints. To combat the recession, the company added lower-priced items it could still make a profit on, instead of slashing prices on existing menu items. That has helped sustain profits even though same-store sales have dipped slightly. And about 10 restaurant openings this year have helped bring in new revenue. Overall earnings are up 21 percent so far in 2009, a bigger jump than analysts expected, with 15 new restaurants planned for 2010. Best of all, the peanuts will remain free.

From this article today:
Restaurants on a Roll - Yahoo! Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Restaurants-on-a-usnews-2339323250.html?x=0&mod=career-work - broken link)

Ah, the dreaded chains! LOL

Old 11-08-2009, 05:43 PM

3,247 posts, read 9,047,815 times
What is the difference between AppleBEE, TGI Friday, Chili , Bennigans and Houlihans . These restaurants are all the same to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio