Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 05:58 PM

260 posts, read 1,144,706 times

Advertisements

I've never seen one, but maybe there's something somewhere nearby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 06:30 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,999,782 times
Not China but on Evers right outside of 410 the are about 4 strip centers full of oriental stores. Don't quote me ill check bout to run by that area right now.

Old 03-16-2008, 06:46 PM

791 posts, read 3,958,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Not China but on Evers right outside of 410 the are about 4 strip centers full of oriental stores. Don't quote me ill check bout to run by that area right now.
Yes, there's a few strip centers there and by Bandera/Wurzbach. There is also another small group of Asian markets/stores on the east side of I-35 & Eisenhauer. I have several Asian friends (Thai, Lao, Vietnamese) and they all like to shop over there.

But as far as a "chinatown" or "koreatown" or "little italy" or "little iran" like you might find in other cities, there's never been enough density of recent ethnic immigrants in SA to create sizable communities/enclaves. If you're missing the food, music or other cultural influence of a particular ethnic community, I'd suggest going to the many fairs and festivals that are held around town each weekend... you'll certainly be able to connect with folks who can tell you where some little known markets and other spots are. When I first got back to SA, I was desperately missing all things Indian ... and at the Indian cultural festival I was able to connect with many folks who were happy to share information about the local Indian community.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:38 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,999,782 times
Yea i drove up and they were Indian stores.

Their is also a a few stores on the south-west corner of Thousand Oaks and Henderson Pass.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:19 AM

70 posts, read 186,316 times
Question Is there any sort of China Town in SA?

Do any of these stores have Chinese furniture? I am moving back to Mexico and will probably be making a trip to SA after I get there and want some Chinese furniture. It's very hard to find in Mexico. Thank you.

Old 06-16-2008, 11:14 AM

431 posts, read 1,203,757 times
Eisenhower Flea Market

Old 06-16-2008, 11:31 AM

546 posts, read 3,103,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevImmigrant View Post
Do any of these stores have Chinese furniture? I am moving back to Mexico and will probably be making a trip to SA after I get there and want some Chinese furniture. It's very hard to find in Mexico. Thank you.
There's a Chinese furniture store in Busseys Flea Market, they can usually order whatever you're looking for if they don't have it in stock (and they're pretty cheap as well): Blank

Old 06-16-2008, 12:26 PM

734 posts, read 3,015,002 times
Quote:
There is that East Wind Furniture on San Pedro right before it hits 281. I haven't been in there, but saw it the other day driving north on San Pedro.

Old 06-16-2008, 02:27 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,787,321 times
Chinatown - haven't seen it. Little Mexico - It's around here somewhere...

Old 06-16-2008, 02:35 PM

178 posts, read 788,082 times
Quote:
Most furniture or most anything is made in China nowadays
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio