U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2020, 04:44 PM

6,559 posts, read 8,110,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
I'm curious which Southward corridor has seen the most growth and which has seen the least in recent years.

90 West toward Castroville, Hondo and Uvalde.
I35 South toward Devine, Lytle and Somerset.
16/281/I37 toward Poteet, Jourdonton and Pleasanton.
181 towards Elmendorf/Floresville
87 towards La Vernia and St Hedwig.
"I35 South toward Devine, Lytle and Somerset. " would be my guess for the most.

"90 West toward Castroville, Hondo and Uvalde." for the least, my guess again.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2020, 11:47 AM

919 posts, read 1,128,095 times
I haven't been out that way in years. My late parents pick was New braunfels or Gonzalez. But that would be AFTER my dad retired from the USAF. He came back here in 1971 from NSA in Maryland and he moved to Schertz and I have been here ever since. Towns like Castroville and Hondo are expanding, so is La Vernia. People are moving out from San Antonio , due to all the 'ausslanders(may have misspelled the german)". That was his remark, outlanders moving here. A lot from California, Midwest and New york/east Coast because it's cheap here. But they are going to try to change things to the way it is where they came from.

Old 10-16-2020, 10:43 AM

4,247 posts, read 4,906,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
I'm curious which Southward corridor has seen the most growth and which has seen the least in recent years.

90 West toward Castroville, Hondo and Uvalde.
I35 South toward Devine, Lytle and Somerset.
16/281/I37 toward Poteet, Jourdonton and Pleasanton.
181 towards Elmendorf/Floresville
87 towards La Vernia and St Hedwig.
90 West has been growing the most with San Antonio surging into Medina County. The La Vernia/Floresville area is second. 90 west has cheap land and cheap housing while La Vernia is more expensive along with Floresville.

St. Hedwig will never grow because A-1R: Agri/Residential (5 ac minimum) is 95% of their zoning. If they change it to their residential the smallest tract is 2.5 ac minimum.

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/0e2...g%20Distri.pdf

There are developments that are popping all along I-10 on the northern fringes of St. Hedwig.

Atascosa county has some limit new developments popping up.

None of this compares to Comal and Guadalupe county growth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio