Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2017, 06:31 AM

4,324 posts, read 7,234,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
The armed citizen hit the shooter twice. The third shot was self-inflicted to his
head. He was out of ammo in the gun that he left at the scene. Evidently, he had another gun and more ammo.
It was reported the shooter had additional firearms inside his vehicle.

Would it have been safe for the citizen who tried to stop him assume that the shooter had run out of ammo, had no other weapons, was done with the spree, and therefore no longer a threat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 07:54 AM

12,059 posts, read 13,888,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
And what are you doing? Not praying but solving the world's problems, I'm sure.

I'll tell you what you're doing. Absolutely nothing. Keyboard warrior is not "doing something." Literally none of us is doing anything to stop this because we can't.
The difference is I'm not saying "All we need is to come together and sing cumbaya".

God cracks a door open, you must open the door and go in.

Old 11-07-2017, 08:17 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,834,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
The difference is I'm not saying "All we need is to come together and sing cumbaya".

God cracks a door open, you must open the door and go in.
The REAL difference is that there are those of us that appreciate and acknowledge the great comfort that prayer can give, and are humble enough that saying so doesn't bother us. It's sad that the blackness of your heart is such that you feel empowered to attempt to ridicule others for doing something that doesn't affect you.

But, don't worry - we'll pray for you!

Bless your heart.

Old 11-07-2017, 08:36 AM

1,863 posts, read 5,149,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
The REAL difference is that there are those of us that appreciate and acknowledge the great comfort that prayer can give, and are humble enough that saying so doesn't bother us. It's sad that the blackness of your heart is such that you feel empowered to attempt to ridicule others for doing something that doesn't affect you.

But, don't worry - we'll pray for you!

Bless your heart.
Pure BS. Nobody here is against prayers. And you can keep your sarcasm to yourself.

Hypocrites! You pray for the victims and their relatives, yet stubbornly continue sticking to your guns, the very things that continue killing thousands of innocent people in this country, and even saying more guns is the answer.

By not willing to drastically change gun laws and ridiculing people who suggest actions , you cause the suffering of the very people you pray for.

Old 11-07-2017, 08:56 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,416,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
Pure BS. Nobody here is against prayers. And you can keep your sarcasm to yourself.

Hypocrites! You pray for the victims and their relatives, yet stubbornly continue sticking to your guns, the very things that continue killing thousands of innocent people in this country, and even saying more guns is the answer.

By not willing to drastically change gun laws and ridiculing people who suggest actions , you cause the suffering of the very people you pray for.

In your way of 'thinking' all that would happen with stricter gun laws is that law abiding citizens would be at the mercy of those that do not abide by those laws. Criminals will never give up their guns and even if guns are never manufactured again there are enough to last way past our lifetime. It's the people that brandish those guns that cause them to fire. I've had many guns in my 74 years on this earth, from AK-47's to hunting rifles, to sawed-off shotguns and revolvers and semi-auto pistols, and not one has ever jumped up and fired on it's own. If fact, I have never killed a deer, a hog, a goose, a duck, a turkey, an Elk, or any animal normally hunted. I made those choices. The shooter made the choice for the gun to fire. Gun laws do not need to be fixed. People do.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:05 AM

6,706 posts, read 8,776,563 times
Quote:
Gun laws do not need to be fixed. People do.
BS. It still remains as being too easy for the wrong people to purchase, own and use guns today. You can whine and moan all you want about the infringement of gun owner's rights but that doesn't take precedence over all the lives of people killed by guns...legally and illegally obtained by both bad guys and good guys that went bad.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:09 AM

6,706 posts, read 8,776,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
He was able to obtain the gun legally because the Airforce dropped the ball in reporting his domestic abuse.
The AF bears some responsibility in the deaths of all these people then.

I read on MYSA that he had applied for a CHL but was denied. It did not say on what grounds he was denied the CHL but it has me curious.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:10 AM

1,863 posts, read 5,149,500 times
Quote:
In your way of 'thinking' all that would happen with stricter gun laws is that law abiding citizens would be at the mercy of those that do not abide by those laws. Criminals will never give up their guns and even if guns are never manufactured again there are enough to last way past our lifetime. It's the people that brandish those guns that cause them to fire. I've had many guns in my 74 years on this earth, from AK-47's to hunting rifles, to sawed-off shotguns and revolvers and semi-auto pistols, and not one has ever jumped up and fired on it's own. If fact, I have never killed a deer, a hog, a goose, a duck, a turkey, an Elk, or any animal normally hunted. I made those choices. The shooter made the choice for the gun to fire. Gun laws do not need to be fixed. People do.
We have heard this same old story (with some minor variations) many times before.

Guess what, you are wrong!

You want the proof? Just check the gun laws and crime statistics (and the amount of guns and ammunition owned) in the US and compare them with the rest of the developed world. If you don't see any correlation, I can't help you.

If this sounds simplistic to you, yes, this is how simple it is!

Gun laws need to be fixed. End of story. People (the human nature) won't change. How do I know? Read the Bible, the very book many of you on this forum are so fond of.

Last edited by movingwiththewind; 11-07-2017 at 09:54 AM..

Old 11-07-2017, 10:57 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,047,601 times
Quote:
So we should let law abiding citizens purchase/ keep their military grade automatic weapons simply because the “bad guys” still have theirs? That’s the type of reasoning that will keep the snowball effect going and going and there will NEVER be an end to this madness.

Old 11-07-2017, 11:42 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,416,491 times
The fact remains that more gun laws effect only law abiding citizens. Criminals will not be affected even a little bit. They do not follow laws. All that more gun control would have done is to STOP THE PERSON WHO STOPPED THE SHOOTING.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio