Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2009, 07:18 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,423,949 times

Advertisements

Oh great. We just 'weaned' our kid of McD's, and now there's going to be one nearby. *sigh*

So in the Potranco/1604 area, we have:
JITB
Walmart/McD's
Sonic
Panda
Double Dave's
Papa Murphy's
Dominos
Tink a Tako
Bill Millers
Valero/Subway
New McD's
Burger King

And a little farther:
Little Caesars
Schlotsky's
Sazon
Paul Revere's
Wok Inn
New Thai Restaurant
Donut Shop

Potranco/151:
Freddy's
Kennedy's Chicago Pizza

And San Antonio is on the fat list why?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 08:05 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,002,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
Oh great. We just 'weaned' our kid of McD's, and now there's going to be one nearby. *sigh*

JITB
Walmart/McD's
Sonic
Panda
Double Dave's
Papa Murphy's
Dominos
Tink a Tako
Bill Millers
Valero/Subway
New McD's
Burger King

And a little farther:
Little Caesars
Schlotsky's
Sazon
Paul Revere's
Wok Inn
New Thai Restaurant
Donut Shop

Potranco/151:
Freddy's
Kennedy's Chicago Pizza

It doesn't seem all that long ago we were delighted because we heard Bill Millers was coming. I can't get over all the places there are now. It's good because of jobs but still, enough is enough. I think I liked it better the other way.

Old 06-23-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
It doesn't seem all that long ago we were delighted because we heard Bill Millers was coming. I can't get over all the places there are now. It's good because of jobs but still, enough is enough. I think I liked it better the other way.
I would like it better if the economy/real estate/developers/etc weren't so worried about their pockets and cramming in fast food joints every ten feet! At least put in a quality place - AR has Olive Garden, and Logans...what do we have? A Pei Wei.

Forgot to add to the list:
Pei Wei
Taco Cabana
Wingstop
Whataburger
Starbucks (of course)

I don't usually go to Starbuck$, but when I have the staff has been great.

Old 06-23-2009, 11:17 AM

1,532 posts, read 3,699,444 times
Quote:
I would like it better if the economy/real estate/developers/etc weren't so worried about their pockets and cramming in fast food joints every ten feet! At least put in a quality place - AR has Olive Garden, and Logans...what do we have? A Pei Wei.

Forgot to add to the list:
Pei Wei
Taco Cabana
Wingstop
Whataburger
Starbucks (of course)

I don't usually go to Starbuck$, but when I have the staff has been great.
THANK YOU!!! If you didn't get a chance, look at the argument I had in the Whole Foods thread. This area WOULD patronize a nicer restaurant than McDonalds. I have seen the 2008 census that shows that our area here on the Far West side has similar statistics as the Stone Oak area. Surprising, huh? So, maybe the developers should stop stereotyping this area as trashy/low income, and realize we want more. We're begging for more really. Anyways, I have stopped trying to promote our area when people ask..."where should I build my deli, bakery, bagel shop, etc." They are just going to run to the SO area anyways.

Old 06-23-2009, 11:36 AM

I wouldn't mind having Whole Foods nearby. If anything, at least for the economic diversity.

Culebra just recently got a vitamin store, and JJ. 151 is doing better, I'm glad there is more within a short distance. I had heard rumor some time ago that one of the big developers was going to build in those fields behind the old WalMart on 151 - have yet to see anything...

Old 06-23-2009, 12:22 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,555,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
They are just going to run to the SO area anyways.
And funny, cause just putting something in the SO area doesn't guarantee success! Heck, Tresca closed it's doors! How many does that make now? Lots.

And while I absolutely agree that we need some nicer, sit down restaurants ~ the thing that I'm SURE would make it over here would be something similar to The Cove or La Tuna or MoMaks or the like! Someplace that people could go hang out with their kids on the weekends, or after high school football games, or just a easy dinner on the weeknights, or on and on and on.

But nobody will listen to us that it would succeed. I wish I had the $$$ to open it. I WOULD!!

Old 06-23-2009, 07:39 PM

OK, I've had it! Another place apparently going in to the wonderful, fabulous, nothin' better than sliced bread SO area. I think all of us in this area should freaking BOYCOTT all the SO/NC area establishments! I'd hate to, as one of my faves <coughcoughfreetailcoughbrewingcoughcough> is up there. But I'm sick of taking my Far West $$$$$ up there and spending it, just so everyone up there can have something in their "back yard". I'm done. Who's with me????

Old 06-23-2009, 07:42 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,505,520 times
Quote:

JITB
Walmart/McD's
Sonic
Panda
Double Dave's
Papa Murphy's
Dominos
Tink a Tako
Bill Millers
Valero/Subway
New McD's
Burger King

And a little farther:
Little Caesars
Schlotsky's
Sazon
Paul Revere's
Wok Inn
New Thai Restaurant
Donut Shop

Potranco/151:
Freddy's
Kennedy's Chicago Pizza

well its just busines, they dont make people shove all that food down their throats LOL

I lost just about 20lbs since I sold my house, and been eating my mom's ghetto healthy foods. I Forgot how good some boiled beans can taste.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
But nobody will listen to us that it would succeed. I wish I had the $$$ to open it. I WOULD!!
You and me both. That old Singleton and Associates place would be awesome for a F&H or a second Freetail!!

Old 06-23-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
You and me both. That old Singleton and Associates place would be awesome for a F&H or a second Freetail!!
True DAT!!!! But will anyone ever believe us? Prolly not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio