Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2009, 06:25 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,002 times

Advertisements

Well actually my Wife's Sister will be here since she is house sitting. Someone has to feed the dog and water the yard. Maybe I'll bring back some rain.

I couldn't ask her to haul that basketball goal back in if Tiger fails to pick it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 09:15 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
as long as you make it convenient for them, I don't see them not taking it. I crammed an entire toilet in a couple garbage cans and have also left out large rolls of carpet we ripped out and they have always took everything. I think you're allowed six cans/bags, but I have had three cans and 6 bags and they also took all of that. I did keep it neat, though, and tried to balance the weight so no particular thing was too heavy or cumbersome.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:19 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,669,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
We have a portable Basketball Goal which I drove over the plastic base and cracked it and now it doesn't hold water. It's not used anymore and I want to get rid of it. I called Tiger Sanitation and asked if they would pick it up if I cut it up. I was told no which I understand. They have to look out for the collector's safety.
They will charge us $35.00 to pick it up without me having to cut it up. Does that sound like a fair price to you all? I don't know what it would cost to dispose of it at Covel Gardens on my own.

If I were brave I would dump it at one of the builders dumpsters but the last time I attempted that a Security Guard caught me. It was only small tree limbs. I understand though.

Thanks
Don't ask, just cut it up. I threw away a patio swing with 5-6 foot sections and TS took it. The secret is to not put the whole thing out there at one time, but do it over 2-3 weeks.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:16 PM

That's another option. I am slowly throwing away about half of my house (all clutter) and that is the method I'm following. I only have one garbage can this week, though. It's pretty hard to get motivated when you sleep all day and it's so hot out when you wake up.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:48 AM

8 posts, read 15,681 times
My wife and I went to the Thai Hut yesterday for dinner. The food was good, the service was good and the price for 2 dinner entrees, 2 drinks, and 1 appetizer was very reasonable to me.

On a different note, I want to say thanks to everyone for all the great information on this thread. My wife and I just celebrated 1 year in the Amhurst sub-division and we really appreciate all the great info.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:51 AM

welcome to the area and please feel free to provide more feedback on other things and make sure you let the rest of us know if you spot anything new in the area. It seems fewer people travel down Potranco now that it is congestion central for a good chunk of the day. Fortunately most of us know other ways to get there from here, though

Old 07-28-2009, 05:20 PM

The Little Caesars on Potranco has their customer appreciation thing going on today, but this time it's a stuffed crust pepperoni for $5.99. MUCH better than the usual cheaply thrown together pepperoni on normal crust and it also has this garlic and parmesan stuff sprinkled on it. It was a very pleasant surprise and still a good deal for a dinner for two plus several leftover pieces at a little over $6

Old 07-30-2009, 09:48 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,002 times
Good Evening Everyone- I'm in Overland Park, Kansas which is outside Kansas City KS and MO. It's very green here due to all the rain. I heard that you got some rain down that way today. Is that correct? If so how did our area fare?

Thank you all for the trash suggestions. I'm going to cut the goal up this next week when we get home.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:00 AM

22 posts, read 32,661 times
My first post on this thang. Very interesting topics. I ate at the Thai Hut last night and I rate it as average. I had the Spicy Squid dish. Was okay, but nothing to write home about. An abundance of people were walking in and didn't know whether to sit down or wait to be seated. The place is smaller inside than you think. I give it a 7 on a scale of 1-10. The wife says the bathroom was clean (an essential for us returning to any facility). Then again, it's a new place and the bathroom SHOULD be clean. Sin

Old 08-01-2009, 09:04 AM

22 posts, read 32,661 times
Does anyone know what is being built on the south side of Potranco about a quarter mile west of Grosenbacher? There's a Yantis sign outside and land moving equipment throughout the area clearing trees and such. I live really close to there in Westcreek and HOPE it's not a shopping center or more homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio