Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2009, 04:30 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times

Advertisements

All I know is that Grossenbacher has flood gauges and I think there are also some warnings about certain sections of the road that flood pretty much any time there is rain. I know there are at least two sections of the road that are a part of a river that only exists when it rains; just like the river on Ingram right before you get to the mall. I'll never understand why roads are literally built in a dry river bed, but I guess it probably has something to do with intelligence or a lack of it.. I just hope these people don't whine and try to sue the builders when their houses are all under water. I know they did that on Medina Base Rd. and also in the neighborhoods around Ingram Park Mall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 08:02 PM

242 posts, read 665,542 times
It's actually a CVS scheduled for that corner. And I know that a couple of years ago NISD had indicated on their maps that a school would be built there, but it's not there now. I assumed they moved it as they are building one down on Grosenbacher across from the Bullet Hole.

Old 08-09-2009, 08:13 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,841,640 times
It has been my undestanding that CVS owns the corner at Potranco and Talley. I know they had a sign there for quite along time. I'm certain all is on hold until the economy picks up.

Now I'm very curious about the work on Potranco and Grosenbacher.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:39 PM

That school on Grossenbacher (near the Bullet Hole) is already up. It's not completely finished, but you can definitely see it. I'm actually surprised with the lack of ignorant whiners complaining about that school being so close to an evil gun range.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:41 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,819,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
That school on Grossenbacher (near the Bullet Hole) is already up. It's not completely finished, but you can definitely see it. I'm actually surprised with the lack of ignorant whiners complaining about that school being so close to an evil gun range.
The school is called Behlau and is scheduled to open in the 2010-11 school year.

As for Lieck I'd be willing to bet that NISD bought the property as a placeholder for future growth in the area.

Maps : Northside Independent School District - San Antonio, TX 78238

Old 08-12-2009, 12:51 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,154,500 times
At one point, Armadillo Homes had plans to build almost 1400 homes in a new subdivision off Grosenbacher just across from Cool Crest. It was to be called "Weston Oaks' and Lieck Elementary was planned to be smack dab in the middle of it all. Not sure if "Weston Oaks" is still planned because I think it was put on hold some time ago until things improve. Lieck is still planned so I still imagine something will be built there eventually.

Here's an old link to a neighborhood plat.

http://www.sanantonio.gov/dsd/pdf/MDP/MDP_846.pdf

Old 08-13-2009, 11:58 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,423,464 times
Langley Elementary opens this school year.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:48 AM

732 posts, read 3,553,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midorigreen View Post
Ugh.....I just got off the phone with Best Buy Corporate (after a very unsuccessful attempt at getting relief from the Alamo Ranch store....

Here is my warning to you CD'ers....

Do not trust that the items they have on display at Best Buy (or anywhere else, probably) are safe to use.

DH and I were looking for an iphone/ipod dock/stereo so we could listen to our mp3's. We had a sales associate helping us and decided to put my phone on some of the display stereos that were hooked up and ready to use. The sales associate HELPED me set my phone in and - BZZZZT - the phone got fried! I mean crispy!

Obviously the iphone/ipod charger/dock was faulty. We took pics of the problems we exerpienced at the store (we tried to reboot the phone and it got stuck...) and video of it at home when it finally came online and I tried to charge it. The screen started scrolling and the phone got smoking' hot to the touch. Then it died - completely.

Best Buy says they are not liable for the damage done to my phone. I now have a very expensive paperweight.....

Please don't let this happen to you. Don't test anything at a store unless you want to risk it getting destroyed!
Quick update - my husband was able to badger them enough that they gave me a brand new, updated phone.

While I'm satisfied, now, I just don't understand why they had to make it more difficult than it had to be. They really need to work on their customer service.....

Old 08-14-2009, 12:29 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,000,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midorigreen View Post
Quick update - my husband was able to badger them enough that they gave me a brand new, updated phone.

While I'm satisfied, now, I just don't understand why they had to make it more difficult than it had to be. They really need to work on their customer service.....
That's great! Glad it worked out. I do think they were responsible and it was the right thing to do. Hope they have removed the faulty docking thing that damaged your phone..

Old 08-14-2009, 11:28 PM

+1 for common sense

but I think it's still getting its butt kicked in the overall game

any news on Shipleys? and my daughter said there's a new chinese food place opening on Potranco, but I forgot to ask her where.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio