Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2009, 04:06 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,451,919 times

Advertisements

Back connected after the move...had to wait a while or I would have never gotten unpacked and set up.

FYI, the Massage Heights at Potranco Rd CLOSED!!! Closed on Wednesday, have a "closed for repairs" sign up but have a friend that works there and said it has gone under. Strange part is I called coporate and THEY did not know it!!!! Anyway, after talking to them about my membership, they INSISTED I give the required 30 days notice to cancel!!!! AFTER THEY CLOSE!!!! Yea, I want to get the word out so anyone else that HAS or is CONSIDERING a monthly auto pay with this company is aware of the risks. I have lost out on about 6 total massage credits, PLUS they insist on charging me another month because they require 30 days notice to cancel. BEWARE and don't get screwed like I did...there must be other options if a membership is the way you want to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2009, 10:50 PM

1,532 posts, read 3,698,898 times
Paka, can you use your membership at another ME? I know there is one at 151 and maybe they would give you credit?

Old 08-30-2009, 04:37 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,451,919 times
Yes, as LONG as I use them all up before I cancel my membership, which allows them to continue to charge me monthly. I will get in at least 3 of them, but will have to fight the traffic to Bandara/1604 in order to do that. I just REALLY think their "you HAVE to give us 30 days notice to cancel is a farce since THEY closed the location, and the place is run so fly by night that their coporate office was unaware they were even closed!!! I use to recommend them all the time, the services I got there were wonderful, but the way they handle their bookeeping/business aspect really SUCKS. I just wanted to ensure if anyone else was on auto pay with them, you were aware of YOUR need to cancel even tho they closed their doors, and if I was going to consider a membership for massage this would not be the company since my call to coroporate was the FIRST they knew...how on top of things is thatt??? When I told her she rattled off a No, this, that and stone oak location closed but not potranco. Well, come to find out add potranco to the list. Again, this was Massage Heights, not ME (Massage Envy) just for clarificatiton to your question above Mojo.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:09 AM

Gotcha...I hope you find what you are looking for out of this. It's a real bummer that you have to put up with it! Seems like a bunch of bull.

Old 08-30-2009, 07:47 AM
djw

951 posts, read 2,834,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Back connected after the move...had to wait a while or I would have never gotten unpacked and set up.

FYI, the Massage Heights at Potranco Rd CLOSED!!! Closed on Wednesday, have a "closed for repairs" sign up but have a friend that works there and said it has gone under. Strange part is I called coporate and THEY did not know it!!!! Anyway, after talking to them about my membership, they INSISTED I give the required 30 days notice to cancel!!!! AFTER THEY CLOSE!!!! Yea, I want to get the word out so anyone else that HAS or is CONSIDERING a monthly auto pay with this company is aware of the risks. I have lost out on about 6 total massage credits, PLUS they insist on charging me another month because they require 30 days notice to cancel. BEWARE and don't get screwed like I did...there must be other options if a membership is the way you want to go.
Search the thread for this store and you may get a glimpse of why they went under! My issue with them is still not resolved to MY satisfaction, but honestly I don't know what else to do besides small claims court and I just don't have the time or energy. I'm happy they closed! Karma for ****-poor customer service and business ethics if you ask me! And their corporate office isn't much better. Hopefully you can get at least a few good massages in!

Old 08-30-2009, 05:53 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,423,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Good point. I wonder if any idiot has ever tried to rob the Bullet Hole?

I would just look at them and say "seriously?"
I hope not. I know for a fact that every single one of those employees is a friggin good shooter. I don't mean they just shoot, I mean that they are GOOD shooters. Of course if you rob a place called "The Bullet Hole" you're an idiot!

I'm looking forward to the new gun shop opening. I see those guys working on that place all the time.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:33 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
good, hopefully it'll be done soon. I might apply for a part-time job there just to get a discount and hang around other gun owners. I'd love to have a job where I actually enjoyed being there and I would probably stay after I clocked out too
I know one of the instructors at the Bullet Hole and you do not want to challenge him when he's armed. You're going to lose 99.9999999% of the time

Old 09-06-2009, 09:18 AM

1,671 posts, read 3,841,325 times
Friday afternoon I stopped at Potranco Automotive (great place by the way and AAA Approved) and noticed there is going to be a Flea Market there on the 12th. It appears there are still tables available to rent.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:32 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,668,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Friday afternoon I stopped at Potranco Automotive (great place by the way and AAA Approved) and noticed there is going to be a Flea Market there on the 12th. It appears there are still tables available to rent.
I had a new battery put in last week. They said that batteries and tires do not qualify for the AAA discount. Anyone have a similar transaction?

Old 09-07-2009, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
I had a new battery put in last week. They said that batteries and tires do not qualify for the AAA discount. Anyone have a similar transaction?
They might not, but the labor should, right? I would ask to talk to someone else. I LOVE their AAA discount. I go there for an oil change just because you get a AAA discount! haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio