Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2010, 11:54 AM

13 posts, read 22,108 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know what is being built south of potranco and 1604? One area say wharehouse and office space coming soon and the other is at 1604 and emmory peak, no signs yet just clearing the land. I heard a microtel was supposed to be built there but that was last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 05:50 PM

25 posts, read 56,415 times
Looked at the two buildings in front of Stevens HS again this morning...one looks like a Family Dollar, and the other is starting to look like an O'Reilly Auto Parts. Didn't see any signs to confirm, so just guessing...was rolling by heading toward 410.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:36 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,624,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMan11 View Post
Looked at the two buildings in front of Stevens HS again this morning...one looks like a Family Dollar, and the other is starting to look like an O'Reilly Auto Parts. Didn't see any signs to confirm, so just guessing...was rolling by heading toward 410.
When we saw those two buildings last week I told my wife they look like a dollar store and an auto parts store. Can't get enough of those.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:14 AM

26 posts, read 153,751 times
Giving a little more fuel to the 'rumor'..... my daughter, a student at Stevens, said one of the buildings is supposed to be a Family Dollar. How she knows/heard, I have no idea. I hope so - I'd like a $ store nearby - they are great for picking up holiday decorations, stocking stuffers, craft supplies, etc....

Old 10-19-2010, 07:29 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,823,729 times
WORK WORK WORK I just don't have any time.

Does anyone know of someonne who is responsible, works hard and does a good job, and most of all someone who is in NEED of $$$. I've been the Handyman route and it's like shopping at Valero verses HEB.

I have a gate that needs to be rebuilt and install new hardware, a 4-5' section of fence that needs rebuilding, (I have purchased everything to complete the job) and some minor outside painting.

Thank you

Old 10-19-2010, 08:20 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,811,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
When we saw those two buildings last week I told my wife they look like a dollar store and an auto parts store. Can't get enough of those.
I think that's exactly what they are. If you ever go to Lackland and go in the Valley Hi gate, there is a Family Dollar and across the street an auto parts store (can't remember the name). Their buildings look exactly like what's going in in front of Stevens.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:54 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,624,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin1957 View Post
Giving a little more fuel to the 'rumor'..... my daughter, a student at Stevens, said one of the buildings is supposed to be a Family Dollar. How she knows/heard, I have no idea. I hope so - I'd like a $ store nearby - they are great for picking up holiday decorations, stocking stuffers, craft supplies, etc....
We go to the General Store on Potranco (outside Loop 1604) once in awhile. They have some good prices there for water, detergent, etc. These type of stores have changed for the better since the old days. Of course, most things are over $1.00 now.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:02 AM

Took another look last night -- still no signs, but I'm really starting to believe my O'Reilly's / Family Dollar conjecture. Cannot think of any other businesses that have storefronts like those.

Old 11-10-2010, 01:16 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,521,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Has anyone else had problems getting what they ordered at the new McDonalds? Oh. My. GOSH!!! They can't get even ONE stinkin' order correct! We've probably visited there a total of 4 or 5 times since they've opened and EVERY time they've screwed it up! 2 of those times it was in the drive-thru and not even discovered until we got home. We've complained twice now, and both times the response from "management" has been completely unacceptable. "Oh, dude, I'm like, uuuummm, that's not what you ordered........... it was? I don't think so........ oooooohhh ummmm, well, here's a coupon for a free drink...." You're kidding me?!

Never again.
Well, we made a mistake and went ahead and tried that McDonalds again last night.

Is it seriously just us that has problems there? Wrong items, missing items, CRAPPY service (insolent managers). REALLY?! I mean, I know it's been like 8 months since we've been there, you'd think it could have improved! But no. Same old, same old.

I wrote corporate. I hate McDonalds anyway, but kids begged last night. No more.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:39 PM

Strange, I haven't had any problems with that McDonald's. I don't eat there very often, but the drive-thru has been accurate and very fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio