Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2013, 08:58 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,154,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdodd View Post
Hello any update on what is being built next to Panda Express??????
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyger2678 View Post
Bank

Sure hope it's not...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 11:00 PM

2 posts, read 4,991 times
Anybody hear anything of an armed assault by a small group of men at the Shell station? Neighbor told me she heard something along those lines about two nights ago and said something about a police helicopter. Apparently there might have also been a drive by around heritage meadows. Neighbor talk or real talk?

Old 06-06-2013, 03:36 AM

340 posts, read 586,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo15 View Post
Anybody hear anything of an armed assault by a small group of men at the Shell station? Neighbor told me she heard something along those lines about two nights ago and said something about a police helicopter. Apparently there might have also been a drive by around heritage meadows. Neighbor talk or real talk?
If it happened a day or two ago, it'd be online or reported on TV. Of it isn't, it more than likely didn't happen. But then again, one post...

Old 06-08-2013, 09:01 AM

1,074 posts, read 1,801,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyger2678 View Post
Bank
That is way too small to be a bank. Plus there is a drive thru being built which you can clearly see. Knowing this area it will probably be another fast-food place for the locals to contract diabetes at. Eat up!

Old 06-08-2013, 10:54 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,437,767 times
I don't understand why so many people get their panties in a bunch about fast food or chain restaurants.
They aren't responsible for people getting fat. If they didn't exist people would be eating too much of something else and more importantly, still not exercising enough or at all.

The restaurants aren't the problem.

Old 06-08-2013, 04:23 PM

Like fresh fruit, vegetables, lean meat, poultry, water, nuts, seeds, and whole grains? I think it sad that fast food places have become the norm in our society. We do not even eat food anymore. We eat products that resemble food. I could honestly do without any of these places. I would rather support a place that is run by individuals not corporations. I think they add to the ugliness of cities landscapes. Cmon look at Culebra/1604 for goodness sakes! Sidenote-I was at Blanco/1604 the other day and there are literally two Starbucks right next to each other. You walk out of one and look to the right and there is another one. That to me is ridiculous!

Old 06-08-2013, 05:03 PM

340 posts, read 586,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Irish View Post
Like fresh fruit, vegetables, lean meat, poultry, water, nuts, seeds, and whole grains? I think it sad that fast food places have become the norm in our society. We do not even eat food anymore. We eat products that resemble food. I could honestly do without any of these places. I would rather support a place that is run by individuals not corporations. I think they add to the ugliness of cities landscapes. Cmon look at Culebra/1604 for goodness sakes! Sidenote-I was at Blanco/1604 the other day and there are literally two Starbucks right next to each other.
Firstly, please stop with the over dramatic hyperbole please. Fast food places aren't keeping people from list of foods you have up there. I eat fast food and I also cook. I prefer cooking myself but have no problem enjoying a quick and convenient meal from time to time. I'm sure I'm not in the minority. Are there people who make fast food/fast casual a staple of their diet? Yes. It's for a litany of reasons. From the affordability to not being able to cook for themselves because they don't know how to.

Quote:
You walk out of one and look to the right and there is another one. That to me is ridiculous!
So you've never been to Seattle? They have three or four starbucks within throwing distance of one another.

Old 06-08-2013, 05:27 PM

That is awesome you can cook for yourself. I am assuming it is very satisfying for you. Anyhow, I have been to Seattle in the late 90's. Never once stepped foot into Starbucks. If I am going to spend my own money I'd rather spend it supporting a local business whether in San Antonio or Seattle. Plus Starbucks is overpriced to me. My point is the world does not need another Starbucks, Subway, Chick Fil A, etc.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:16 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
The world is also full of people telling other people how to live their lives. Get over yourself.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:27 PM

Hmmmm.....no doubt a fast-food customer. Oh my God is right. The food sucks, the buildings suck, they add no value to health whatsoever, and if you think they have your best interest in mind you are mistaken. As I said before eat up San Antonio! Potranco has enough bullcrap places to eat why add another?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio