Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2008, 06:11 PM

242 posts, read 663,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Greed View Post
has anyone else seen the ugly office type building in front of Stevens just behind the Valero? These little office buildings look like mini storage units with glass fronts. What the heck can anyone sell/run out of those ugly things?.
There is a driving school moving in there - an appropriate place, I think. Even more appropriate, next door to that will be State Farm Insurance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 06:21 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,397,160 times
Is that the one that Wireless Toyz just moved in to?

Old 09-19-2008, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Oh, this has been on my mind for the past month. For the people selling Poodles at the corner, Please, the correct spelling is Poodles, not POODELS!!!! You wonder why people aren't buying them, now you know!!
Hahaha, we laugh at that lady and her $200 poodels every time we see her...last time was at the corner of Grosenbacher and Potranco...

Old 09-19-2008, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
Is that the one that Wireless Toyz just moved in to?

I answered my own question by READING THE THREAD. It was answered earlier. Sorry guys!

Old 09-19-2008, 06:36 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,273,279 times
Quote:
Oh, this has been on my mind for the past month. For the people selling Poodles at the corner, Please, the correct spelling is Poodles, not POODELS!!!! You wonder why people aren't buying them, now you know!!
where is this happening? I'm not a big fan of the puppy mills, especially when there are more than enough available in shelters.
BTW, speeling izn't exactly the forty of most peeps here
Quote:
Originally Posted by amye1158 View Post
There is a driving school moving in there - an appropriate place, I think. Even more appropriate, next door to that will be State Farm Insurance.
oh that is TOO funny. thanks
brilliant idea opening a driving school there too. I need to think of something like that and I guarantee they're going to be raking in the bucks

Old 09-19-2008, 07:49 PM

1,241 posts, read 4,320,233 times
She's out there right now!! I just came back from an errand and there they were at 1604 and Potranco in a Chrysler 300.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:57 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,273,279 times
poor dogs. I wish people would think of a shelter or rescue instead of these people that only see animals as a way to make money.

Old 09-20-2008, 10:23 AM

1,532 posts, read 3,685,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Face it, we're just rich wannabes.
I hate to say it, but I think a lot of the city planners think of our area's population this way. I believe they think we are low class and will build things that cater to "lower class" citizens. Don't start putting me down here, I don't think this way. I'm just assuming that that's why we didn't get the ARMP stores and that they were built up the road. Why haven't we gotten that movie theater yet? Why are we only getting nail salons, check cash advance stores, and fast food places around us? I don't think the people who decide on these stores think that we would support anything but this. Am I wrong? That Madisons market is a unique looking strip mall, but there aren't very good stores going in there either. What can we do?

Old 09-20-2008, 10:34 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,521,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post

Getting on my soapbox now:
I WISH they would build some stores with substance instead of cash advance places, nail places, pizza places. Alamo Ranch MP is really nice, I wish they would do something like that but with more restaurants or something. It would be a dream to have little unique, independently owned stores. Maybe some boutiques or art type things. A really cool little locally owned coffee shop would be great! Oh! If the library would build over here...I'd be in heaven. Or, a NICE, bookstore...something like Book People in Austin. It will not happen though, guarantee it.

I agree Greed! Those stores by Stevens are UGLY!!! I said that the minute I saw them starting to be built! What is the point? There aren't enough more attractive strip malls in our area for rent? Blah! Always someone trying to make a buck not caring how it will affect an area.

Mojo is off of her soapbox now!
Well, I hafta say, I LOVE your dream!!!!!!

But my guess is that we won't have a San Antonio Public Library over here anytime too soon. Why? Because a huge majority of the homes out here are outside the city limits and don't pay city taxes..........

Old 09-20-2008, 10:55 AM

14,637 posts, read 34,884,973 times
I love the dream, too! The only problem is, it's pretty expensive to just go start your own business--it sometimes takes years to turn even a small profit. I'm sure there are some independently wealthy people in San Antonio, but they sure don't seem to be opening up trendy little shops out our way. Plus, the rents the landlords are asking are very high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio