Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 09:50 PM

311 posts, read 845,827 times

Advertisements

We are going to be in S.A. for one day only on tues. I had saved several rentals on realtor.com for us to go & look at & now all of a sudden everyone of them says they are no longer listed & I see none really in the areas we were going to explore.

Do the realtor.com listing expire all at once or what? Same thing on Mysa.com. Almost nothing listed now & just a few days ago there were a lot! Did everything get rented all of a sudden?

We were going to look in Westcreek, Silver creek & possibly Schertz area as well.

If you were going to spend only one day in S.A. ...what would YOU do?
btw, we have an infant in tow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2008, 10:31 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,422,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA08 View Post
We are going to be in S.A. for one day only on tues. I had saved several rentals on realtor.com for us to go & look at & now all of a sudden everyone of them says they are no longer listed & I see none really in the areas we were going to explore.

Do the realtor.com listing expire all at once or what? Same thing on Mysa.com. Almost nothing listed now & just a few days ago there were a lot! Did everything get rented all of a sudden?

We were going to look in Westcreek, Silver creek & possibly Schertz area as well.

If you were going to spend only one day in S.A. ...what would YOU do?
btw, we have an infant in tow

Depends on what your business here is! If you're here strictly to look at new places to live, then that's an easy one..

Definitely check out downtown if you have the time! But pls understand that there is sooo much more to this city than the Riverwalk.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:36 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,023,449 times
Can you try to contact a realtor on Monday and see if they would be willing to show you some rentals on Tuesday? I don't know one offhand, but there's always the internets.

Old 03-23-2008, 03:37 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,449,871 times
You can check out todays newspaper online for classifieds if you can't get your hands on a hardcopy.

Just go to MYSA.COM and then go to classifieds. Hope this helps. I to think you would probably benefit from a realtor's assistance given your tight schedule, but you can alway GOOGLE some of the property management names for SA, then check out their websites for picts/prices/info on what they have available in which areas...that might help with your pre-search!!!

Good luck

Old 03-23-2008, 08:29 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,425,207 times
Rentals tend to go quickly once they're listed. Like the others said, contact a Realtor to have them pull an updated list for you from the MLS. They can email it to you and you can pick a few to go see as soon as you arrive.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:49 AM

72 posts, read 267,517 times
We used MYSA.com - In the real estate area you can search for homes for sale or rent. (2 different areas) Rentals do go pretty fast so it's hard to put together a list until you're ready to look with a realtor. Don't worry, there are lots of rentals. Good luck in your search!

Old 03-23-2008, 10:52 AM

330 posts, read 1,372,556 times
I'm not having the same experience with my rental going fast, so if you'd PM me (or post publicly if the rules allow) where to go to get my previous home rented out, I'd highly appreciate it.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:11 PM

72 posts, read 267,517 times
Thought I'd mention that the house we rented is managed for an investor by King Real Estate. They seem to do a lot of rentals in the northwest part of town. (not sure about elsewhere) Any time there has been a problem, they get someone right out to fix it.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:44 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,425,207 times
Are you listed on the MLS, or are you just using a sign in the yard? Have you gotten any showings at all?

Old 03-23-2008, 08:55 PM

330 posts, read 1,372,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
Are you listed on the MLS, or are you just using a sign in the yard? Have you gotten any showings at all?
Nope, not on the MLS (for renting). For renting it out, I haven't been very proactive. Just a bunch of Craigslist posts and one two-week newspaper ad, and some minor interest but nothing that's panned out.

For selling it though, it's been a weird ride. It's been listed for 15 months and I've had 9 showings. I went with Realtor A for the first 11 months and thought the 6 showings was far too little and that they weren't doing enough to get people to see the home. So I switched to Realtor B and have had pretty much the same result: 3 showings in 4 months. Maybe I was being too optimistic, but that doesn't seem like many people.

I guess it's all about neighborhood? I had a friend with a smaller, not-as-nice home that was listed at the same price as mine, and he had 30 showings within the first six months. It seems weird to me that my home was nicer with more square footage and cheaper, and in a prettier neighborhood, but didn't get many views. I don't know. It's just been weird. All the homes for sale in my neighborhood are like that... nobody sees them. It's like we don't exist. On the plus side, there are some fantastic bargains for buyers willing to live near the Bandera / Guilbeau intersection. I think. The whole experience has shown me I know even less about what makes people buy homes than I thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio