Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 11:31 AM

14,637 posts, read 34,964,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prim8 View Post
This whole notion of because it is a tragedy, we're not allowed to run through the decision and decide for ourselves if we would have, or someone should have done something differently is absurd.

How else would you learn from mistakes? Better yet, learn from someone else's mistake without making it yourself.

Saying that people can't explore if the parents should have left the child there because it is such a huge loss is like saying the business shouldn't explore what happened and improve their procedures.

We're allowed to question the parents, we're allowed to explore our feelings and decide for ourselves if we would have done things differently. People could stand to be less harsh about it, but we're still allowed our opinions and to express them.
You're allowed to do all of that. And when you put your opinions out there, we're allowed to tell you what WE think as well. Just be careful what you say. Life isn't always fair and kind.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:07 PM

2,721 posts, read 4,377,224 times
I realize what I have written here. Know what I said. I know it would make them feel terrible.
I am not condemning them, I am stating what I thought all of my life. I raised three sons on my own.
Might anyone here believe that these parents do not realize what I have written here- by themselves?
I reared my three boys by myself. By myself, in a far off place from here, without the aid of relatives or grandparents simply because they were not around, they all lived here.
No I never left my kids with anyone else, ever. Not even once. They were not latch key kids either.
After the oldest went off to far away Afghanistan, there was a girl living next door who would come over to the house and stay with the two smaller boys ,aged 10 and 12 until I arrived home at 5:30.
We are very close, my three boys and I, more close than you might even imagine. And. Yes. They do think I am the perfect parent. You all should read the poetry the oldest wrote about -Dad- while he was away -in combat, via e-mail from his chopper in Kabul. Phil claims that I am his inspiration for all he has done.

And. Yes, the three think that I am the perfect parent. Yes. However this is only their opinion.

After he enlisted, I said " Don't go Philly, and volunteer for any war or anything".
" Nah, I WON'T. Don't worry Dad there isn't going to be another war." He was 17 yrs. old.
Of course he did, after 9-11. He is an adrenaline junkie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
Expressing your feelings in private conversation is quite different than expressing them on social media (facebook, etc) or public forums where the family may see your comments. Can you imagine how they would feel if they read Huckster's post?

Old 02-13-2018, 04:53 PM

14,637 posts, read 34,964,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
After the oldest went off to far away Afghanistan, there was a girl living next door who would come over to the house and stay with the two smaller boys ,aged 10 and 12 until I arrived home at 5:30.
So you did leave them in the care of someone else. I presume they went to school, got into vehicles, rode their bikes, played outside? Life is full of risks. You ( and they) were lucky. Lots of people raise their children on their own. My mother did. None of us died, but again, we were lucky.

May this precious boy rest in peace and his family be protected from the hurtful words hurled their way.

Old 02-13-2018, 06:50 PM

4,430 posts, read 5,324,004 times
The idiocy of this thread is overwhelming.

Home many thousands of kids have parents trusted to this chain establishment that have not been lost? Yet some here want to blame the parents. The same idiot in this thread will cut a car off of in traffic with their child in the car.

City data is not for moral conversations. It for you to ask where to get the best taco, burger, or house on a quiet street.

The way mods close threads around here I’m VERY surprised this trash is still open.

Old 02-13-2018, 08:11 PM

812 posts, read 671,165 times
Speaking as a non-moderator, I'm going back to the taco and burger updates.

Old 02-13-2018, 08:35 PM

2,911 posts, read 2,030,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
I realize what I have written here. Know what I said. I know it would make them feel terrible.
I am not condemning them, I am stating what I thought all of my life. I raised three sons on my own.
Might anyone here believe that these parents do not realize what I have written here- by themselves?
I reared my three boys by myself. By myself, in a far off place from here, without the aid of relatives or grandparents simply because they were not around, they all lived here.
No I never left my kids with anyone else, ever. Not even once. They were not latch key kids either.
We are very close, my three boys and I, more close than you might even imagine. And. Yes. They do think I am the perfect parent. You all should read the poetry the oldest wrote about -Dad- while he was away -in combat, via e-mail from his chopper in Kabul. Phil claims that I am his inspiration for all he has done.

And. Yes, the three think that I am the perfect parent. Yes. However this is only their opinion.

After he enlisted, I said " Don't go Philly, and volunteer for any war or anything".
" Nah, I WON'T. Don't worry Dad there isn't going to be another war." He was 17 yrs. old.
Of course he did, after 9-11. He is an adrenaline junkie.
Continue to pat yourself on your back, but remember “Let he who is without sin..........”.

Old 02-13-2018, 09:23 PM

61,428 posts, read 86,506,480 times
Here is an update
https://patch.com/texas/sanantonio/t...rn-swim-school
and following few request, this thread will be closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio