Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 04:27 PM

2,132 posts, read 2,226,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
THAT aspect of it, I don't disagree with. Although I find your characterization of them as "kooks" somewhat telling. Would you say the same if these were blacks protesting after the city finally agreed to honor MLK? In case you haven't noticed, the 2nd Amendment is under fire from many directions. Many of these folks are simply fed up with being poorly treated because they support gun ownership.
Since you brought up race ... Why are 2A supporters silent on the shooting of Philando Castile? I'd really like to know. Would the reaction be the same if he were white?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2018, 04:33 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,836,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthnry View Post
Since you brought up race ... Why are 2A supporters silent on the shooting of Philando Castile? I'd really like to know. Would the reaction be the same if he were white?
Other than the fact that he was high at the time of the incident, I can't imagine why. What does race have to do with someone being high while in possession of a firearm (which IS a felony)? And you obviously don't monitor the many firearms boards across the country, which went ballistic during the initial reports of the incident.

Old 04-04-2018, 04:41 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Well - the chief of the Olmos Park PD has apparently decided that State law means nothing in his town. He confronted, then tased and arrested an Open Carry activist yesterday, then denied him medical care for his resulting injuries. Stand by for one helluva lawsuit, folks!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrE9umONdnk
Act like a dumbass get treated like like a dumbass. Really try that in any city and probably get a similar response.

Old 04-04-2018, 05:21 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,836,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Act like a dumbass get treated like like a dumbass. Really try that in any city and probably get a similar response.
Actually, no. I've seen them try the same stunt time and again. The smart departments don't rise to the bait.

Old 04-07-2018, 10:51 AM

603 posts, read 445,480 times
John Tedesco‏Verified account @John_Tedesco 7m7 minutes ago

I'm here for the @OpenCarryTexas rally calling for the dismissal of Olmos Park's police chief. More than 100 protesters have gathered so far at Odell and Howard streets, with more coming in. They'll head into Olmos Park at noon:

Old 04-08-2018, 03:14 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,385,776 times
I watched the live stream. Good turnout. Glad to see so many people standing up for their rights.

Old 08-24-2018, 07:33 AM

658 posts, read 722,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
Times have changed since I was a kid when it comes to guns.

When I was in elementary school, I remember seeing guns in those window racks (not sure what they are called) in single cab trucks parked on high school campus. By the time I got to high school, there was this kid in the same class as me that brought a gun to school and threatened someone with it...all he got was two weeks suspension and a slap on his hand at the courthouse. This was all pre-Columbine as well.

I grew up in the country. My father was a huge supporter of NRA as well as several of my uncles. I come from a family of gun owners. I do get what gun owners are fighting for but walking around in the city with a AR-15 strapped to your body is just not the same as walking around in the countryside with a 30-30.

These idiots are doing more damage to your cause than raising awareness with these audits. City folk might be more accepting of open carry if it was not done in a such threatening manner.
In the olden days people had more respect for each other and didn't whip out a gun and shoot to solve any tiny problem or perceived insult. That's why gun ownership is viewed differently now. What's the point of open carry, anyway? I always think the person must have a wee little wang if they need to display power with a gun that way.

Old 08-24-2018, 07:35 AM

658 posts, read 722,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
I watched the live stream. Good turnout. Glad to see so many people standing up for their rights.
Yet there is still tons of gun violence NOT stopped by all these "good guys" with guns. What is the purpose of their guns, just to make them feel powerful? You have to be *effectual* in a crisis situation and just owning a gun doesn't make that happen.

Old 08-24-2018, 08:21 AM

814 posts, read 676,477 times
Many a crisis is avoided by having a gun. Daily.

Old 08-24-2018, 10:34 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,753,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho-Villa View Post
Guy seems to be doing nothing wrong Would've loved to be privy to that call he had with the chief a day earlier. Looks like he knew there might be an issue. You know LEO's are probably going to be a lil "antsy" when they see firearms these days.
Why agitate? Again, looks like he's doing nothing wrong.
Not all “LEO”s. I don’t think dog catchers, zoning and health department inspectors and meter maids will be antsy. But I suppose cops might be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio