Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2009, 12:39 PM

338 posts, read 1,230,667 times

Advertisements

All I can go off of is how my scion tc looked before I ran it through their tunnel. It had bugs on the front from 3 months of driving. No car wash since mid-October, and with one run through, the car came out spotless. I have heard others say with bigger cars it varies. Dont know why.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:06 PM

260 posts, read 1,144,977 times
We send our full size minivan through and it even gets the brake dust off the wheels (and we don't purchase the wheel cleaning option). As for drying, I just figure that's the way it goes with any blow-dry...either drive until it's dry or like you said, just bring a chamois (or a Sham-wow!).

Old 01-28-2009, 01:07 PM

237 posts, read 600,998 times
I wash my vehicle often, mostly for removing dirt and bugs. Not to particular on a spot here or there since it's garaged and cleaned often.
What I'm a real stickler about is detailing. I've only had it done once here a few months ago and will be looking to do it in the next week or so. I'll give the Cove a whirl on the full court press.

Last time I used a place off Culebra, I believe. They tried to up sale me a bit too much and I *hate* that. Especially when I've dropped over $100 already on their service that day! Back off! LOL

Old 01-28-2009, 02:10 PM

31 posts, read 156,144 times
Be careful when you go to the Cove. DH and I took his truck there on one of their busy days.. the car in front of us somehow managed to get off the track and as a result, all of the cars in the bay were ramming into each other like bumper cars for 2-3 minutes before the workers realized something was wrong. They had to shut it down and have everyone manually drive out of there so we could all assess the damage. We were lucky that we were in DH's truck, so no damage for us, but the little cars that were in there had to exchange insurance information with the Cove. They offered everyone another trip through to get our cars cleaned, but everyone was so freaked out we just declined and got our money back.

If you decide to go there, just make sure that there is PLENTY of space between your car and the cars in front/behind you.

Old 01-28-2009, 02:18 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
ha ha, that's like offering people that just survived a plane accident another flight.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:18 PM

604 posts, read 1,530,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
ha ha, that's like offering people that just survived a plane accident another flight.

You know-- I wondered what if any compensation those survivors of the Hudson River plane accident were given....do you think they were offered free flights?

Old 01-28-2009, 04:23 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
I read they were offered $5K and some weren't happy with that, which I'm sure was influenced by some crap lawyer telling them they can get millions, before he takes 90%..

I would've settled for being ecstatic that I was still alive and watching my back forever because I've watched all of the Final Destinations too many times and am a firm believer in fate.
speaking of that, Final Destination 4 should be out soon and it's in 3D

Old 01-28-2009, 05:41 PM

394 posts, read 1,506,284 times
Quote:
hmm, my daughter took her SUV there and it looked awful. I was kinda mad because I recommended it after hearing such good reviews.
no offense to anyone, but it really did look bad. There were a lot of water spots and it missed a LOT of dirt. However, I am totally a perfectionist when it comes to car washes. I wash mine twice and will dry it, drive it somewhere to get the spots, and drive it back home to get the other spots. Then I'll bring my chamois with me to wherever I go next just so I can get the last couple water spots.
Honestly RD I KWYM about being a perfectionist...prolly no car wash is gonna get a vehicle perfect and the "do it yourself" job is the best...course it does take some time (like two hours?) do get a car completely spot free etc. But for a quick "get most of the dirt" off your car I don't think the prices at the Cove can be beat and it really does a decent job, getting the wheels pretty clean of all the yuck and brake dust. Especially on Wacky Wednesdays!! What can I expect for $2.95? LOL

I would rather get a cheap wash and not be embarassed driving my ride rather than get an expensive one or do it myself and have it looking nasty within two days!

Old 01-28-2009, 05:45 PM

394 posts, read 1,506,284 times
Quote:
I read they were offered $5K and some weren't happy with that, which I'm sure was influenced by some crap lawyer telling them they can get millions, before he takes 90%..

I would've settled for being ecstatic that I was still alive and watching my back forever because I've watched all of the Final Destinations too many times and am a firm believer in fate.
speaking of that, Final Destination 4 should be out soon and it's in 3D
Yeah, that's what I heard too. DH said "hmmm...won't be long before those passengers will be filing some kind of lawsuit"....personally I think it's ridiculous...that whole incident was a miracle and if it were me I would be on my knees in gratitude that I was still alive!! I don't see any negligence whatsoever on this one....I think that pilot is a heroe!! How in the heck could the airlines control birds flying in the engines? Now...if it turns out after their "thorough" investigation that it's something else...then that's another story. Geesh...I think so many people are just "lawsuit" happy and want $$$...oh gosh, don't get me started. DH hates it when I get all riled up about something!

Old 01-28-2009, 06:51 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,012,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KY Filly View Post
Yeah, that's what I heard too. DH said "hmmm...won't be long before those passengers will be filing some kind of lawsuit"....personally I think it's ridiculous...that whole incident was a miracle and if it were me I would be on my knees in gratitude that I was still alive!! I don't see any negligence whatsoever on this one....I think that pilot is a heroe!! How in the heck could the airlines control birds flying in the engines? Now...if it turns out after their "thorough" investigation that it's something else...then that's another story. Geesh...I think so many people are just "lawsuit" happy and want $$$...oh gosh, don't get me started. DH hates it when I get all riled up about something!
I agree with the concept that I don't see negligence comming into play, and that the passengers should feel lucky with their lives, and the $5k. On the other hand I wouldn't be disapointed if the passengers did file a class action lawsuit and recieve much more.

The reason I feel this way is because of all of the lawsuits that have been filed in the past against just about every single airline that did have negligence involved, and the victim only recieved $1 million or whatever. If my family member dies in an airline crash due to negligence, and not the act of god then I believe that airline would be in debt to me every single penny they own including after liquidating their assets.....

Yep, I may be far fetched to some, but you can't put a price tag on a life. As far as my ability to not fly if I feel that way.....nope! If the airline doesn't want to risk loosing everthing they have in these instances then they should have every passenger sign a waiver, and they do not. They can have their insurance companies pay me off, but they better hope their policy clears way more than I know it does.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio