Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2009, 01:19 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times

Advertisements

I love the road that goes between the different neighborhoods. It's freaking huge and two lanes going each way. I don't know if it has traffic during peak times (I don't live there), but on the weekend there was nobody at all. Just me and a big street. That's my idea of paradise.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:19 PM

15 posts, read 29,015 times
Default AR area resident

Hey does anyone out there live in a pulte home in Alamo Ranch. I am currently getting a house built by pulte and just wanted to know what people think about their pulte home. I have heard good and bad things about pulte but I just wanted to hear some first hand feedback.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:25 PM

410 posts, read 1,249,472 times
I have a Pulte, which side are you building on?

I'm a fan of theirs. You just have to stay on top of them for fixes after you close.

Of course my previous builder was KB, so that measuring stick is pretty short for any other builder in the world.

Lego has better plans/processes and practices than KB.

I'm a fan of the parkway, that is very nice, it can get busy in the morning, but that just means you and maybe 5 cars you can see. I'm also a fan of no parking in the street, makes driving through the neighborhood easier.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:36 PM

15 posts, read 29,015 times
Default AR area resident

I am building in the DeZavala neighborhood.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:48 PM

I'm in the Cameron, right next to DeZavala. Easy access to everywhere from AR.

Here's a good site for you then: Alamo Ranch | San Antonio, Texas

Old 02-04-2009, 07:01 PM

4 posts, read 8,901 times
I live in AR in the DeZavala section and we love it here. It is really peaceful and family friendly. Just watch out for the deer in the evenings and early mornings on the main strip of AR. They are beautiful and add to that feeling of being away from town, but one ran into us one evening. Caused some minor damage to our vehicle but otherwise ok. Welcome to the neighborhood!

Old 02-04-2009, 07:20 PM

Actually, my favorite part I've notice over the past week or so.

When you're going down the parkway, towards 1604, there is an area where you just see the tree silhouette against the sky background. Just a couple of trees. On Monday the sky was a nice orange and the silhouette of a lone tree could be seen, it looked like it was a Japanese picture with the bonsai against the orange sun. It was nice.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:45 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,011,331 times
I went into the junk Goodwill Store today just to see what it's about since I had never been to one, and my wife gives so much stuff to them each year. Well, I told her there will be no more "giving" to Goodwill by us. It's a big profit SCAM. If I give an organization something to help the needy I do not expect them to turn around and put it on a shelf for someone less fortunate to have to pay for it. I saw all sorts of stuff in there being sold for this and that.

I have no idea what ya'll's opinion on this is, but if your thinking "well, they have to pay for their employees, etc...somehow" don't even start with me. I have worked with the Red Cross, and many other "charitable" organizations for YEARS now, and this is not what Goodwill does. They are a straight up resale shop. Anyway, maybe this is only news to me, but I had no clue. My wife will be giving to another source from now on.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:13 PM

778 posts, read 2,502,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_AGGIE13 View Post
I went into the junk Goodwill Store today just to see what it's about since I had never been to one, and my wife gives so much stuff to them each year. Well, I told her there will be no more "giving" to Goodwill by us. It's a big profit SCAM. If I give an organization something to help the needy I do not expect them to turn around and put it on a shelf for someone less fortunate to have to pay for it.
I think the idea is that they sell stuff at a reasonable price in order to MAKE MONEY to support the charity. You don't have to show proof that you are poor to shop at Goodwill, so if they sold everything for ten cents, a bunch of rich people would go in there, buy the place out and sell it all on E-Bay. By selling things at a reasonable price, they can make money while still providing bargains for people on fixed incomes.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:22 PM

36 posts, read 115,748 times
I normally donate to the place that has the trailer set up at the Kohl's parking lot on Bandera/1604. (Sorry can't remember the name of it)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio