Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2013, 08:44 PM

1,099 posts, read 2,074,011 times

Advertisements

thanks pancho..I may just stick with PF $20 a month

Old 12-03-2013, 09:01 PM

1,647 posts, read 2,062,987 times
Check with your health care provider. More and more are reimbursing for gym membership...making the price pretty much a moot point. Mine covers 100% up to $500/year and also covers my wife's membership at 50%. A lot of folks aren't even aware of this benefit that they may already have.
Golds is a huge step up from Planet Fitness if price is taken out of the equation, much more equipment...and different types of classes too. They also offer kids club (up to 2 hours daily) so you can train while he/she plays.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:11 PM

1,099 posts, read 2,074,011 times
never thought about that. I got Blue Cross..need to look into it. The new PF that opened close to me on Military and Huebner is really nice..it has all the machines I like...no reason to leave this place. Love the hydro massage and massage chairs they have..its like a must before I leave lol

Old 12-06-2013, 02:06 PM

293 posts, read 391,955 times
I have blue cross and it covers my gym membership....but you have to log a certain number of visits within the year, it breaks down to 4 a month at least for the plan I have.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:13 PM

293 posts, read 391,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnts71 View Post
what do they offer? how much is it?
I got in with the 10.00 registration, it is 15.00 every 2 weeks, it says you have to sign a year contract but he told me it can go month to month and it will never increase if you stay with the gym year to year, they honor the same price. I got in with the 30.00 per month price because I bought 2 training sessions. They try to upsell them to you which I think they are 80.00 per session and if you buy in bulk, its cheaper, but I am on a budget so without any training sessions, the price goes up to 17.00 every 2 weeks. But I just got 2 for 99.00 as I would like a chance to get a targeted workout plan and they also help coach you on eating better and so on for 45 mins. I have not used them personally yet, but there are alot of programs. They will have an outdoor heated pool and open at 5am they will choose soon if they or potranco will be open 24 hrs. They will have cardio cinema where they play movies while you excercise and free group excercise. They will have a website up soon with all the classes and times offered. They will have locker rooms with lockers you have to bring your own lock and a eating area where they have smoothies and stuff and a store to shop from. If you get gold membership you can to any gold golds gym in the area or out of town or state even if you travel.

Old 12-06-2013, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bianca324 View Post
I got in with the 10.00 registration, it is 15.00 every 2 weeks, it says you have to sign a year contract but he told me it can go month to month and it will never increase if you stay with the gym year to year, they honor the same price. I got in with the 30.00 per month price because I bought 2 training sessions. They try to upsell them to you which I think they are 80.00 per session and if you buy in bulk, its cheaper, but I am on a budget so without any training sessions, the price goes up to 17.00 every 2 weeks. But I just got 2 for 99.00 as I would like a chance to get a targeted workout plan and they also help coach you on eating better and so on for 45 mins. I have not used them personally yet, but there are alot of programs. They will have an outdoor heated pool and open at 5am they will choose soon if they or potranco will be open 24 hrs. They will have cardio cinema where they play movies while you excercise and free group excercise. They will have a website up soon with all the classes and times offered. They will have locker rooms with lockers you have to bring your own lock and a eating area where they have smoothies and stuff and a store to shop from. If you get gold membership you can to any gold golds gym in the area or out of town or state even if you travel.

The bolded portion is not true. Gold level only gets you into certain Golds in SA. There are also Ruby, Platinum and Black level which it will not get you into. You could pay a daily fee if you insist on training at one of those upper level gyms. That being said, I'm pretty sure (not positive) that SA is the only city in the country with "levels" like this. I travel a lot on business and have trained at tons of other Golds throughout the country without a problem...the levels were created due the the acquisition of Spectrum here in SA.
The only outdoor pool I'm aware of is that Potranco one...the rest are indoor. Some Golds (like Med Center) are 24 hours. The new Culebra location was originally slated to be Ruby level...but was changed to Gold recently.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:17 PM

188 posts, read 447,777 times
Do they have a specific date for the Gold's to open?

Old 12-27-2013, 07:54 PM

It opens Monday 12/30. Of course, they wanted to open ahead of the new year to add all of those "New Years Resolution" people...
Happens every year...see a bunch of new people in early January, then by early February most are already gone.

Old 12-28-2013, 11:29 AM

188 posts, read 447,777 times
Thanks Pancho, I plan to check it out after it opens. It's much closer to my home than Planet Fitness so I think I would be more consistant with my workouts.

Old 12-31-2013, 05:56 PM

Stopped by the new Golds today and trained. It's almost a carbon copy of the Potranco/151 location. Same hours too. Opens 5 AM weekdays and 7 AM weekends. Has an outdoor pool and basketball court like Potranco. Its crowded and probably moreso due to holiday and college kids out. We'll see if it calms down.
Personally, I won't train much at either (I'm pretty hardcore and compete) due to the sheer amount of people in there (I train around 10AM). Nice and clean facilities though and I'm sure most people will train well there. It's located on the left side about 1/4 mile inside 1604..near the other USAA ATM ..brand new building.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio