Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2014, 05:57 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times

Advertisements

Whatever. Go buy a home over near there and live amongst it then. Why worry about what anyone who has a different opinion says?

Old 04-01-2014, 07:21 AM

4,437 posts, read 5,348,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unintentionallyfunny View Post
What? I'm confused. You made a comment out of ignorance (thinking it's single family housing) and now you're being sarcastic and rude to me?

As I said, the developments are apartments that will feature mixed-income units including low income units. Up keep and maintenance will fall on the management of said apartments.

None of this will lead to gang violence and crack dealing on street corners. It's a very alarmist "think of the children" type of mentally to think that or think the worst.
Well what she said wasn't wrong it was just wrong for this development.

You and she is also right that low income apartments are often maintained much better than a single family home.

I'm not sure why people think its just low income people that homeowners don't want near them. Home owners also don't what rentals all over the neighborhood either.

Old 04-01-2014, 07:27 AM

136 posts, read 225,193 times
Quote:
What? I'm confused. You made a comment out of ignorance (thinking it's single family housing) and now you're being sarcastic and rude to me?

As I said, the developments are apartments that will feature mixed-income units including low income units. Up keep and maintenance will fall on the management of said apartments.

None of this will lead to gang violence and crack dealing on street corners. It's a very alarmist "think of the children" type of mentally to think that or think the worst.
Have you ever lived in or near a low income area? Because I grew up in one and I can tell you that it's a much different place then the one I live in now. No one is saying that people are going to be dealing on corners or that gangs will be running rampant, but I can guarantee you that this kind of thing will most definitely bring a rise in crime with it. It's easy pickings for car burglaries and home invasions when you have a 300K home neighborhood on one side of the street and you have people of lower economic means on the other. It's survival of the fittest, and someone who needs the extra cash or maybe just doesn't want to work for it can easily take your stuff and sell it. If you're cool with that, then that's your thing, but I most definitely am not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamn View Post
Here's the info I have from our Neiborhood Watch guy, send an email to Ray Lopez distric6@sanantonio.gov. I did last week and have not gotten a reply back yet, btw I live in AR.
Will this even do any good after city council passed the resolution?

Old 04-01-2014, 07:53 AM

424 posts, read 609,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeltran428 View Post
Have you ever lived in or near a low income area? Because I grew up in one and I can tell you that it's a much different place then the one I live in now. No one is saying that people are going to be dealing on corners or that gangs will be running rampant, but I can guarantee you that this kind of thing will most definitely bring a rise in crime with it. It's easy pickings for car burglaries and home invasions when you have a 300K home neighborhood on one side of the street and you have people of lower economic means on the other. It's survival of the fittest, and someone who needs the extra cash or maybe just doesn't want to work for it can easily take your stuff and sell it. If you're cool with that, then that's your thing, but I most definitely am not.
I don't know how more clearly I can communicate this to people.

It's not a low income area or a low income development or a low income subdivision.

It's an apartment building that will feature multiple different market rates including low income rates for several units. This is no different than say Victoria Commons or Artisan Park in the downtown area. Everything seems pretty dandy there.

Old 04-01-2014, 01:24 PM

221 posts, read 562,086 times
Apparently you have no idea what a tax credit apartment complex is...here is the definition for you....

LOW-INCOME HOUSING TAX CREDIT (LIHTC) PROGRAM Some apartment complexes receive low-income housing tax credits to provide housing at a lower rental rate than the market rate. The Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) is the only entity in the state of Texas with the authority to allocate tax credits under this program. The apartment complexes that receive the tax credits set aside a certain percentage of units for eligible low-income families and lease these units at below
market rate rents.

Old 04-01-2014, 01:30 PM

6 posts, read 13,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeltran428 View Post

Will this even do any good after city council passed the resolution?
I think it is better than doing nothing

Old 04-01-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Whatever. Go buy a home over near there and live amongst it then. Why worry about what anyone who has a different opinion says?
Why exactly is a Dallasite being so rude and acting high and mighty in the San Antonio forum? Oh right, Dallasite.

Btw, I lived in the Artisan for two years. Never had a problem and enjoyed it very much. I wouldn't have a problem buying a unit at the Alamo Ranch apartment development with the low income units. But I don't work anywhere near there for it would be county productive to do so.

Old 04-01-2014, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawatchdog View Post
Apparently you have no idea what a tax credit apartment complex is...here is the definition for you....

LOW-INCOME HOUSING TAX CREDIT (LIHTC) PROGRAM Some apartment complexes receive low-income housing tax credits to provide housing at a lower rental rate than the market rate. The Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) is the only entity in the state of Texas with the authority to allocate tax credits under this program. The apartment complexes that receive the tax credits set aside a certain percentage of units for eligible low-income families and lease these units at below
market rate rents.

Not sure who this is directed towards, but that's exactly what I've been saying in this thread.

Old 04-01-2014, 07:12 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
Quote:
Why exactly is a Dallasite being so rude and acting high and mighty in the San Antonio forum? Oh right, Dallasite.

Btw, I lived in the Artisan for two years. Never had a problem and enjoyed it very much. I wouldn't have a problem buying a unit at the Alamo Ranch apartment development with the low income units. But I don't work anywhere near there for it would be county productive to do so.
Why don't you put me on ignore? You seem to make a habit of chasing after my posts in this thread. Again, why do you care what I say?

Last edited by sapphire; 04-01-2014 at 07:29 PM..

Old 04-01-2014, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Why don't you put me on ignore? You seem to make a habit of chasing after my posts in this thread. Again, why do you care what I say?
I haven't chased you at all. You just present yourself in a manner that makes ignorance rather difficult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio