Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2008, 06:07 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times

Advertisements

which is exactly why I got my tattoo yesterday instead of today.. My wife wanted to go today, but we usually go to CFA afterwards and it obviously wouldn't work if we went today.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:27 PM

21 posts, read 62,505 times
I cannot wait until Chik-Fil-A opens. My butt's going to get even bigger than it already is with that, the Starbucks, and the OG!

OG was pretty good when we went. About a 55 minute wait. The staff was new (you could tell), but couldn't have been nicer. Y'all are right about the layout of the place, I couldn't even find the bathroom.

I'm glad a Starbucks drive-thru went up but they take forever! One time I sat for 20 minutes for 1 latte. I could've went into the one in Target and been back out in that time!

Love the Target, the new Arby's, and that a Jim's might go up sometime in 2012.

I think the McDonald's on Shanefield has to be one of the worst ever. Whose idea was it to put the drive-thru right in between the parking and gas pumps? They should've put the car wash the the side of the McDonald's or something. It's always busy so I end up sitting there blocking cars forever. And they have never got our orders right. Although they're not as bad as our Sonic. Worst. Service. Ever.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:52 AM

1,532 posts, read 3,698,172 times
I think Jim's is either teasing us or trying to convince us that they WILL open at some point and time in the future. They put on their sign "Opening Soon". Ummm...really? You need to try a little harder than that if you want us to believe you! Put a date on there at least!

Old 11-18-2008, 10:58 AM

I just hope the Jim's isn't the epic failure that the Potranco BK has been. I've never been anywhere that could completely ruin everything, but that BK can do it. Absolutely nothing they sell tastes good, or even resembles the taste of anything from a real BK. And we were waiting SO long for that to open too.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:20 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,541,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I just hope the Jim's isn't the epic failure that the Potranco BK has been. I've never been anywhere that could completely ruin everything, but that BK can do it. Absolutely nothing they sell tastes good, or even resembles the taste of anything from a real BK. And we were waiting SO long for that to open too.
There is something about their location or driveway that makes me not want to go there. That intersection is a little nuts now with that bus stop so close and the traffic coming out of Potranco Village onto Potranco.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:33 AM

yeah, the parking lot is pretty funky, but I can deal with that. It's the food that has sucked every time we went there (something like 5 times now) that is amazing though. It has never tasted good, not even a simple side salad. I'll never go back for sure.
So far I'm happy with the two AR area places I've been, Arby's and Mama Margies. Been to both of them twice and both experiences were pleasant. Only issue was the crazy drink fillers at Mama Margies. Is there a reason why they spill the drink all over the cup? It happens ever time, no matter who is doing it. They have to be trying to do that for some strange reason.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:39 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,541,177 times
I have had really bad luck lately with fast food. The last incident in a string of many, I ordered a mcChicken blt and took it home-they forgot to put the chicken in???? How does that happen? I feel like Joe Pesci.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:46 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,665,638 times
Quote:
Roger that. We bought a whopper there and it did not taste flame broiled. This is the ONLY Burger King that I have "not" tasted flame broiled in this city or many other cities in Texas and even in Memphis, TN. They should rename that place to Burger King Wannabe.

Old 11-19-2008, 03:33 AM

ha ha ha, that would be a very fitting name for them. I wonder if you can complain to the big Burger King and maybe they can take away their license or something. That food is just not good at all.

Did you get McD's to explain how they forgot the chicken greeniii? That should be impossible to miss.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:50 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Quote:
Did you get McD's to explain how they forgot the chicken greeniii? That should be impossible to miss.
In their effort to recover from the poor reputation they garnered with the whole "super-size" era, their marketing committee came up with the "invisible-size" idea. It's actually helping keep people's weight down, and reducing the "slider effect" that many folks endure after consuming their food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio