Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2008, 05:52 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,803,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
almost anything unique is making a killing out there and hopefully people are taking note. The Potranco Freddy's has broken every sales record the company has ever had, in its first week and according to an old article I read, they are considering an AR location. I think the Potranco store will make that happen. The CFA is also booming and so is the OG and new Jim's. The only things that aren't crazy busy are the same olds you can find anywhere: whataburger, taco cabana, mcdonalds, walgreen etc..
I think a Hooters would be a brilliant idea, along with Wendy's, Costco, Carl's Jr., and my ultimate dream would be a White Castle.
White Castle?? Ughh.

Old 12-21-2008, 08:22 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,410,933 times
I hope the powers-that-be in those businesses are listening - we want your businesses here!!!

Hooooters! Hoooters!! /adam sandler

Old 12-21-2008, 08:24 AM

14,637 posts, read 34,961,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
I hope the powers-that-be in those businesses are listening - we want your businesses here!!!

Hooooters! Hoooters!! /adam sandler
Maybe they have a 5 year plan.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:27 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,335,181 times
FCF has absolutely no taste when it comes to fine cuisine

Old 12-21-2008, 09:52 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,410,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Maybe they have a 5 year plan.
What is it? Don't DIE?!?

Old 12-22-2008, 07:19 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,006,833 times
Anyone have any insight on any tenants in the West....whatever pad sites on the Wal-Mart side of Culebra? Seems like at least one tenant would have already moved in since the parking lot has been open for a few weeks now. I still just have no idea how these sites are going to attract enough businesses to pay their taxes in a fast enough time. I mean I can see how they will easily fill up as Alamo Ranch grows, but that could be 3 to 5 years...lol. Can't keep an empty strip center open waiting for that.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:10 PM

7 posts, read 47,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_AGGIE13 View Post
Anyone have any insight on any tenants in the West....whatever pad sites on the Wal-Mart side of Culebra? Seems like at least one tenant would have already moved in since the parking lot has been open for a few weeks now. I still just have no idea how these sites are going to attract enough businesses to pay their taxes in a fast enough time. I mean I can see how they will easily fill up as Alamo Ranch grows, but that could be 3 to 5 years...lol. Can't keep an empty strip center open waiting for that.
Rumor has it that the owners of Alamo Ranch Marketplace conducted a leasing management shuffle recently. Their methods of securing new tenants left a lot to be desired especially in consideratoin of all of the other buildings that went up across the street serving as competition.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:17 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,006,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy Pile View Post
Rumor has it that the owners of Alamo Ranch Marketplace conducted a leasing management shuffle recently. Their methods of securing new tenants left a lot to be desired especially in consideratoin of all of the other buildings that went up across the street serving as competition.
Can't say I didn't see that one coming! I hope the lack of tenants over there in the near to mid future results in lower rent that way maybe the area can get a few more "mom and pop" tenants rather than all the "big commerce" names. I dbout that though, and even if it does happen as soon as the hospitals, parks, and development of the neighborhoods concludes they will be driven out. Also not sure that would be best for the values over there. Anyway, thanks for that info.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:34 PM

7 posts, read 47,827 times
The mom and pop stores are having a hard time getting financed, wihch is why there is so much empty small space available. Although the new Salad Creations going in is a franchise, its owners actually live somewhere in Alamo Ranch (according to my neighbor).

Old 12-22-2008, 10:22 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,646,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_AGGIE13 View Post
It's deja vu again from the 80's. They built several strip malls, but many stores were not filled...some are still not filled to this date on Marbach. This time there are even more empty stores and we're in a recession. As stated elsewhere in this thread, Alamo Ranch is having problems filling the empty stores, and now add the ones on the other side of Culebra and financing is not easy to get. However, the bills will come due to pay for these developments and not enough renters. Same goes for Potranco that now has two newly-completed almost empty strip malls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio