Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2014, 01:04 PM

6,705 posts, read 8,774,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Oh TRUST ME....about the only thing you and I agree on is that damn spider and it's ability to slow down what is needed in the way of commute opportunities to the fastest growing portion of this city, but on THAT we can TOTALLY agree!
I have had a lot of respect for things you have done in the past like helping someone find a better job or offering a ride to a teenage poster to a job interview that has no car. Today and lately, you are just being mean to those that you don't agree with. It feels like a "Jekyll and Hyde" moment. I guess I must have upset you in the past by not agreeing with one of the posters from the exclusive circle of those that you claim that make CD a better place to be!

Old 07-22-2014, 01:09 PM

207 posts, read 320,463 times
Quote:
REALLY! It is like they put up the sign and started digging ASAP! If only that Santikos would do the same......
I'm not sure people appreciate how bad this is going to affect traffic flow on Culebra. It's going to pretty much shut down one lane of trafffic both ways for large parts of the day. Unless they find a way to loop all the waiting cars around the back somewhere.

Old 07-22-2014, 01:10 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,450,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
I have had a lot of respect for things you have done in the past like helping someone find a better job or offering a ride to a teenage poster to a job interview that has no car. Today and lately, you are just being mean to those that you don't agree with. It feels like a "Jekyll and Hyde" moment. I guess I must have upset you in the past by not agreeing with one of the posters from the exclusive circle of those that you claim that make CD a better place to be!
You are certainly entitled (as am I) to what we choose to believe, but again, attacking someone because the asked a question on two different threads about the same general area seems "mean" on your part to me and not understanding that while they MIGHT be in the general area, others looks more specifically for what pertains to them. I am ALWAYS trying to help others on this thread...which is WHY I fell that someone not familiar with SA or this area might not understand that "some" feel this area the "same" when in fact, we are the 7th largest city in the nation and grown at an incredible rate. I have friends that have never visited our wonderful city that can not imagine that my family can live near Randolph AFB and I live in AR area and we are almost a full hour away IN traffic!!!!!

Old 07-22-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grjr View Post
I'm not sure people appreciate how bad this is going to affect traffic flow on Culebra. It's going to pretty much shut down one lane of trafffic both ways for large parts of the day. Unless they find a way to loop all the waiting cars around the back somewhere.
Oh, you are right, it is ONLY going to make the traffic worse for those that need to drive to this area...but for those of us that can walk and enjoy the convenience....totally different story ONCE it is completed.

Until then, back exit for me for sure!

This area is becoming more and more like Bandera and 1604...not at all HAPPY about it, but once they decide that dead, blind spider is no longer an issue (and lets all pray that is not another 30 yrs!) we will be able to bypass 99% and still enjoy all the conveniences!

Old 07-22-2014, 01:25 PM

Quote:
You are certainly entitled (as am I) to what we choose to believe, but again, attacking someone because the asked a question on two different threads about the same general area seems "mean" on your part to me and not understanding that while they MIGHT be in the general area, others looks more specifically for what pertains to them. I am ALWAYS trying to help others on this thread...which is WHY I fell that someone not familiar with SA or this area might not understand that "some" feel this area the "same" when in fact, we are the 7th largest city in the nation and grown at an incredible rate. I have friends that have never visited our wonderful city that can not imagine that my family can live near Randolph AFB and I live in AR area and we are almost a full hour away IN traffic!!!!!
CDF IS and should remain a place where ANYONE can ask a question about San Antonio without being questioned about "if you feel the need to post in two different areas" would/would not be appropriate. Until and unless you become a Mod, it is not your call to make. I ESPECIALLY find it offensive when it serves those of us that LIVE here and is questioned by those that do not currently, regardless of what they knew growing up (to include MY and YOUR views on somewhere we are no longer living in).

Old 07-22-2014, 02:12 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,499,927 times
OK ladies...let's move on.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:09 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,754,801 times
12-11-2006
TITLE: Culebra and 1604
Quote:
Originally Posted by potranco View Post
I just came across this website that explains some of the future plans around the Laurel Canyon apartments and Walmart at Culebra and 1604.
Thought I would share.

I used to live in the Laurel Canyon apartments and there are very nice and very well maintained.

Westwood Center at 1604 and Culebra - www.wayneharwell.com

Thread closed for moderation. Possibly forever. The discussion has drifted off topic several times since 2006 over 2000+ posts...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio