Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 08:05 PM

5,343 posts, read 3,212,693 times

Advertisements

So this may be a "strange" question, but hopefully it makes sense once you read the entire post. What is your favorite spot along the Riverwalk? Note that it does not have to be downtown proper - I'm just looking for your favorite spot that could be relaxing, beautiful, romantic, whatever makes it your favorite.

The reason I'm asking is that I plan on proposing to my girlfriend at the end of next month. She is originally from SA and I know it holds a special place in her heart. We're heading back to visit her family and I think it's the ideal time to propose. I'd ask her family for a location recommendation but I'm not 100% confident they can keep a secret!

I've been looking online but it's really difficult to see a.) riverwalk level view of an area and b.) parking locations. I've taken the barge tour of the river, and have seen Marriage Island but I just feel that may be a bit too cliche.

Any recommendations? Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2018, 09:03 PM

1,004 posts, read 1,620,081 times
Downtown Arneson River Theater would be nice.

My dad proposed to mom at Sunken Garden.

Later they went back & were married at the observation tower.

I thought this was a romantic spot.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:07 PM

9,851 posts, read 13,696,195 times
Locks and Dams has a great parking spot right by. Also the area right by SAMA is nice. There's a little bridge that you can walk along as well. Although, I bet its not as scenic anymore with those apartments there (to be fair I haven't been on the riverwalk since maybe last Thanksgiving?) Walk a bit further down toward the little water falls before La Gloria as well. Those are on the side of SAMA. Just be careful it can get wet and slippery (have known some people who have fallen on morning runs on that side). There's also the area right by the boat ramp (not right by SAMA but about a quarter of a mile walk where the bats will come out at night. It's not super pretty but a very interesting spot.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:11 PM

41 posts, read 36,315 times
I think somewhere around the Pearl would be nice. Classy and lots of nice people around.

Old 04-26-2018, 06:51 AM

603 posts, read 445,393 times
https://www.ritani.com/blog/engageme...n-san-antonio/

this article has some specifics and pic's. Good luck and congratulations.

Old 04-26-2018, 08:41 AM

2,382 posts, read 3,500,986 times
Take her to the Blue Hole...where the river starts. Cool place IMO.

Old 04-26-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelimeusa View Post
I think somewhere around the Pearl would be nice. Classy and lots of nice people around.
Is this Pearl Brewery? Sorry I didn't get specific in my initial post - I've only been to SA once so I'm not familiar on the neighborhoods, etc.

Thanks!

Old 04-26-2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIL9 View Post
https://www.ritani.com/blog/engageme...n-san-antonio/

this article has some specifics and pic's. Good luck and congratulations.
I had seen this article. Can you confirm the location of this photo?

It's listed as "Museum Reach" but looking at the riverwalk map it appears that the museums are northeast of downtown. I'm certain I saw the location in the picture when we took the boat tour downtown.

That actually is the place that came to mind first. Assuming that the picture is the location along the riverwalk downtown, what is that specific area called and is it easy to find a place to park and get there on foot?

Thanks in advance!

Old 04-26-2018, 10:22 AM

9,851 posts, read 13,696,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
I had seen this article. Can you confirm the location of this photo?
That's Arneson River Theater as someone else had mentioned before. That area is near La Villita and at another area completely separate from Museum Reach. What I might do is map out all these spots that have been mentioned and go for a walk on your own to pick the best spot. It's probably like a four mile walk? But then getting back...I guess you could uber or take the river taxi back.

Old 04-26-2018, 10:22 AM

1,361 posts, read 2,272,767 times
That’s the Arneson River Theater. It’s not in the new section at all. It’s right by La Villita and if you go down to the River from the Alamo it’s pretty much across from it. They have a website that can give you exact directions. It’s the main viewing spot for the River Parade so if she grew up here she saw it on the televised event even if she never attended the parade or a concert there. I’m pretty sure I even ate lunch there on field trips to the Alamo way back in elementary school. I think it would be a nice spot for a proposal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio