Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2009, 07:38 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times

Advertisements

Yikes. That's a tough one! How old is the girl?

And wow, it's about damn time:
FOXNews.com - International Warrant Issued for Sudan President - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

Old 03-04-2009, 07:40 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,421,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
OMG. I never heard that word before...I looked it up and it's real! Thanks for introducing another word to me today
Every time I hear that word it makes me think of Will Ferrell in Elf - "Have you seen these toilets?? They're GINORMOUS!!!"

Last edited by Bo; 03-04-2009 at 07:47 AM.. Reason: Updated quote to match original

Old 03-04-2009, 07:53 AM

604 posts, read 1,530,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
She looks about 14-16 years old

Old 03-04-2009, 07:53 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,288,551 times
"did yall get a new SUV? I saw your daughter get in one the other nite and I thought maybe yall bought a new one. Its really nice."

Old 03-04-2009, 07:59 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,421,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasa101 View Post
hey-- I just wanted to ask what yall would do in this situation--we have neighbors that have lived next door for about 6 months-we have made small talk with them. Last weekend my husband was up late on saturday night and saw a black suv pull up right before our driveway (to the left of our house)and sit there in the road for a while - then the nieghbors daughter (who live on the right side of us) comes out- dressed in skin tight pants and 9 inch heels- walks across her yard and ours and gets into the car. Our thought is that she snuck out-- maybe not- maybe her parents let her go out like that. But would you mention it to your neighbor? And just for the record if any of my neighbors ever THINK my kids have snuck out--YES tell me!
I guess it depends on a number of things - are you comfortable enough with them to bring something like that up? How old is the girl? And if you were *my* neighbor, I hope you'd tell me!

Old 03-04-2009, 08:00 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,205,361 times
Quote:
She looks about 14-16 years old
I would mention it to the parents. I wouldn't do it in such a way that it was like I was telling on her. I would just say something like "we saw your daughter going out the other night, she sure is pretty and growing up so fast".
If the truck had to pick her up two houses down then something isn't right. Put yourself in the parents shoes, I would definitely want to know if it was my daughter.

Good luck!

Old 03-04-2009, 08:03 AM

604 posts, read 1,530,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
"did yall get a new SUV? I saw your daughter get in one the other nite and I thought maybe yall bought a new one. Its really nice."

oooh thats smooth...
You know- we feel obligated because they have asked us to watch their house when they go out of town, they have tried to establish that neighborly relationship with us- but I guess there is the slight chance that they would actually let her go out dressed like a hoochie (that was my husbands description).

Old 03-04-2009, 08:06 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,288,551 times
Quote:
oooh thats smooth...
You know- we feel obligated because they have asked us to watch their house when they go out of town, they have tried to establish that neighborly relationship with us- but I guess there is the slight chance that they would actually let her go out dressed like a hoochie (that was my husbands description).
oh that girl is playing her parents - im sure plenty of us have done the same thing when we are that age (not me though of course ha!) Since they have already trusted you with the task of watching the house when they are gone, thats your "IN" right there. You noticed a vehicle you had never seen pull up close to their house but then you saw their daughter get in so you assumed everything was okay. Their brains will immediately start going a million miles a minute, and while they may or may not indicate to you that they know the person in the SUV they will be asking their daughter about it, and it might be a very long time before you see her narrow behind out the door dressed like a hooch again.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:09 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
I think you have to tell her parents. If you need justification, read all the news reports about 25 year old guys taking 15 year old girls to Mexico.. then think of how you'd feel reading that article about your neighbor's daughter..

Old 03-04-2009, 08:10 AM

96 posts, read 206,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
I would mention it to the parents. I wouldn't do it in such a way that it was like I was telling on her. I would just say something like "we saw your daughter going out the other night, she sure is pretty and growing up so fast".
If the truck had to pick her up two houses down then something isn't right. Put yourself in the parents shoes, I would definitely want to know if it was my daughter.

Good luck!
I second this post. If it were my kid I would definitely want to know also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio