Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2007, 02:10 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,011,692 times

Advertisements

wow.. the talk of the food.. my tummy is rumbling already... I need a place to go eat!

Old 12-21-2007, 02:19 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
Just walk into an office and pretend you're supposed to be there

Old 12-21-2007, 05:34 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,451,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Did you happen to go to the open house @ your husband's place today? I did lunch in the various offices and am now stuffed and definitely ready for a nap..
Naaaa.....I worked a 12 hour shift to cover for another nurse...but I DO have the next 4 days off!!! Whoooooo-Whoooo!!!!!!

You can come on over now...just pulled the pizza outta the oven since I just got home! (Know it isn't Christmas yet, but you can have lasagna that day!) LOL

Breakfast on Christmas is when we wake up and dinner is at 4pm!

Old 12-21-2007, 07:14 PM

Missed a pretty good spread, especially if you like little sandwiches, meatballs, and those fancy sausage things plus cookies, fudge, cake, candy, pie etc... I was beyond stuffed and still am not that hungry. I think I'll have my wife and kids go next year; it's not like anyone gets many chances to tour the building.. it's always funny seeing the look of disappointment in their eyes too I think they expect to see UFO's or something strange like that

Old 12-22-2007, 04:45 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,451,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Missed a pretty good spread, especially if you like little sandwiches, meatballs, and those fancy sausage things plus cookies, fudge, cake, candy, pie etc... I was beyond stuffed and still am not that hungry. I think I'll have my wife and kids go next year; it's not like anyone gets many chances to tour the building.. it's always funny seeing the look of disappointment in their eyes too I think they expect to see UFO's or something strange like that
Know what you mean....but since I worked in the command for years overseas and have been to many of the open houses, some of the "mystic" of getting inside is lost on me...altho I do normally attend these...just timing did not work out for us on Friday.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:34 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
Anybody gonna be out Christmas shopping this weekend besides me? This is the first time in years that we've procrastinated so long. We are busy trying to get our brick patio built (we currently have 5 pallets of bricks on the side of the house--I brought 600 of them in to the backyard by myself last night 6 at a time so I made 100 trips!) That's where we'll be for the remainder of the day--and where I'd be right now if DH had ordered enough sand! We're getting a shipment momentarily and then it's off to see the wizard for me.

I hope the stores are open late tomorrow night. And I hope they have plenty of motorized carts. I may need one.

Old 12-22-2007, 09:00 AM

My wife works @ a very famous jeweler in a mall and said you definitely won't be alone.. She wants to yell at all of them though, even though her store broke last years record for sales about 3 hours prior to closing.. I guess all the doom and gloom economic stories on the news are pretty much crap, go figure... She said most of the sales were for the higher end jewels too..

and careful with those bricks, especially with your back. Might be a good time to invest in a brace BEFORE something goes wrong.. my wife can also tell you lovely stories about having a screwed up back and having surgery on your discs without anesthesia...

Old 12-22-2007, 10:12 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,554,034 times
Unhappy Christmas shopping this weekend

Yep Sapphire, I'll be out there, too. Every year I say, "I'm NOT gonna wait till the last minute next year!" But I always do. I've always lived by the motto "if it weren't for the last minute, I'd never get anything done" so I guess some things never change. ugh.

So, the Apple store will see us, and otherhalf is out right now trying to find an iDog. That's the worst part about procrastinating ~ ya can't find what the kids really want, cause the organized people have already snapped it up.

And you're right rd about stores breaking sales records this year. My daughter and I have both been working at La Cantera this year (I'm DONE however!! Hooray!!) and both our stores were doing great business. You should see the parking lots, they're filled to the gills, soooooooooooo........

Old 12-22-2007, 12:23 PM

speaking of parking lots.. these people seriously need to open their eyes. I was almost hit three times just driving down one lane of the HEB+ parking lot today. People were just going when they should've been looking and yielding. Today is definitely the last day I'm leavng the house until after Christmas; except for going to work on Monday.

I think the bad economy is in a few areas that are facing the economics of reality... definitely not the case here for sure

Old 12-22-2007, 04:00 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,775,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Anybody gonna be out Christmas shopping this weekend besides me? This is the first time in years that we've procrastinated so long. We are busy trying to get our brick patio built (we currently have 5 pallets of bricks on the side of the house--I brought 600 of them in to the backyard by myself last night 6 at a time so I made 100 trips!) That's where we'll be for the remainder of the day--and where I'd be right now if DH had ordered enough sand! We're getting a shipment momentarily and then it's off to see the wizard for me.

I hope the stores are open late tomorrow night. And I hope they have plenty of motorized carts. I may need one.

Oh, they'll be open late, that's for sure....

My Christmas shopping was done quite some time ago....

ALL of the packages went into the mail on December 11......

wow..... even I'm impressed.......

Good luck to you Sapphire... hope you don't make yourself too sore and worn out to enjoy the holiday.... I can't believe you made 100 trips with 6 bricks each time....
I think that last time I was capable of something like that was when I was - oh, about 12yo or so......
Be rested in time to enjoy the holiday...... PGR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio