Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2008, 02:27 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
Here's the question of the day with Mojokitty...how do you get a toddler to sleep!?! Mine says he's "not tired and doesn't need a nap". BUT MAMA DOES!!!
where I used to work we had these things called USSIDs (United States Signal Intelligence Directives) and I would fall asleep within about two minutes every time I'd read one. They're about as dry and boring as anything can get, but sometimes you have to read them, mostly because you'll get fried if you don't adhere to them.. You probably can't read that to your kid though, since they're usually pretty classified, so I'd recommend you start teaching him some Java programming. I've been doing that quite a bit lately and it also makes me very tired, but that's mostly because it is making my brain work WAY too hard.. never know though, he might actually understand it and you can get him on the fast track to taking care of you for the rest of your life..

Old 06-13-2008, 02:28 PM

933 posts, read 1,978,544 times
Quote:
Why did your hair catch on fire??? Yep, he's mr. smartypants! He comes up with a solution for everything...and he's not even 4 yet!!!!
Yes he is a smartypants! And I am going to use your word. LOL My hair usually catches on fire when my kids say something that really irritates me...it helps to keep me centered. LOL

Old 06-13-2008, 02:35 PM

1,532 posts, read 3,699,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
where I used to work we had these things called USSIDs (United States Signal Intelligence Directives) and I would fall asleep within about two minutes every time I'd read one. They're about as dry and boring as anything can get, but sometimes you have to read them, mostly because you'll get fried if you don't adhere to them.. You probably can't read that to your kid though, since they're usually pretty classified, so I'd recommend you start teaching him some Java programming. I've been doing that quite a bit lately and it also makes me very tired, but that's mostly because it is making my brain work WAY too hard.. never know though, he might actually understand it and you can get him on the fast track to taking care of you for the rest of your life..
You're right, he would probably find it facinating! He already has this "kid" anatomy book and he LOVES for his dad to read it to him! He can tell you how the heart, brain, lungs, etc. work. He knows that the blood has oxygen in it and moves around the body. It's amazing to me that at 3 he is learning this stuff. My husband said he should start reading him a huge medical book and by the time he's older, he'll be a super genius doctor!

I think this kid is facinated by facts and figures, so maybe if I start trying to teach him his letters and numbers, he'll be bored. Maybe...

Old 06-13-2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamatdan View Post
Yes he is a smartypants! And I am going to use your word. LOL My hair usually catches on fire when my kids say something that really irritates me...it helps to keep me centered. LOL
Oh, he is now trying to figure out how to work a scrub brush and wants me to put batteries in it so he can clean stuff...great. Maybe that would wear him out! Or...maybe this could work in my favor!!!!

Old 06-13-2008, 02:40 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times
definitely work it in your favor.. better yet, tell him he has to behave or you won't let him clean.. gotta love kids

Old 06-13-2008, 02:43 PM

604 posts, read 1,530,622 times
Hello everyone- I have a quick question, are the Mexican resturants serving salsa? I know that due to the tomatoe issues some of the fresh salsa has been pulled, but we want to eat Mexican tonight and really craving chips and salsa....

Old 06-13-2008, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasa101 View Post
Hello everyone- I have a quick question, are the Mexican resturants serving salsa? I know that due to the tomatoe issues some of the fresh salsa has been pulled, but we want to eat Mexican tonight and really craving chips and salsa....
I haven't experienced any that are...but I'm not for sure! Hope you find one!

Old 06-13-2008, 02:54 PM

486 posts, read 1,114,001 times
not that I know of but havent been to one recently, as far as I know most of the places here get their tomatoes from either texas grown or new mexico and those are still on the restricted list. They updated the list this week as to what places are and arent safe.

Salmonellosis Outbreak in Certain Types of Tomatoes

Old 06-13-2008, 02:58 PM

604 posts, read 1,530,622 times
Great info- thanks guys..I think we are going to try Pericos- so I'll let you know!

Old 06-13-2008, 03:15 PM

933 posts, read 1,978,544 times
Quote:
Oh, he is now trying to figure out how to work a scrub brush and wants me to put batteries in it so he can clean stuff...great. Maybe that would wear him out! Or...maybe this could work in my favor!!!!
Just put the doggie outside!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio