Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2008, 02:16 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,554,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
Oh, my favorite song has to be Disintegration. I feel like when Robert sings it, he's so passionate about what he's singing about. That's the thing, I am a HUGE lyrics person. If they don't make sense, are cheesy, or don't have meaning, not a huge fan of the song. I'm a nerd like that. I'm always asking hubby "well, what's this song about?" and he's like "what in the H are you talking about? It's just a good song!" haha
ROFLMAO!!!! That is so funny!!!! And I do agree with you on the lyrics, but I'm more of a "how does it make me feel" type. Guess to me it's the sound/melody (or lack thereof )/mood........ hard to explain.........

Old 06-26-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Yep, the whole song is about that one part in the Stranger, he's in the dessert...blah blah blah, gun in his hand...blah blah blah. It's sort of neat if you've read the book then listen to the song.
So yeah, thanx alot, now I got another book on my list to read! Unfortunately, I did NOT read in high school, and am just now trying to catch up.......

Old 06-26-2008, 02:19 PM

1,532 posts, read 3,698,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
ROFLMAO!!!! That is so funny!!!! And I do agree with you on the lyrics, but I'm more of a "how does it make me feel" type. Guess to me it's the sound/melody (or lack thereof )/mood........ hard to explain.........
Yes, and that's why his favorite band is Van Halen. Umm...are lyrics deep when all they sing is "Jump, might as well Jump" Or "Oh whoa whoa Jamie's cryin". Umm...no.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
So yeah, thanx alot, now I got another book on my list to read! Unfortunately, I did NOT read in high school, and am just now trying to catch up.......

HAHA! I love to read, but my problem is, I'm a half book reader. I start books and then only read half because I start about 3 at a time! I just finished one and I'm reading 2 right now. I have a list I swear, it must be about 3 pages long of books to read!

Old 06-26-2008, 02:22 PM

732 posts, read 3,552,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsGuysRule View Post
Well, without the accent.... ???

are these your kids?
VERY similar to my girls...haha!

I got some great pics the other day of the oldest being submitted by the baby - a la UFC! I had to show Daddy when he got home....he was so PROUD!!!

Old 06-26-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Yes, and that's why his favorite band is Van Halen. Umm...are lyrics deep when all they sing is "Jump, might as well Jump" Or "Oh whoa whoa Jamie's cryin". Umm...no.
ROFLMAOROFLMAOROFLMAOROFLMAO!!!!! OH MY GOSH!!!! CAN'T STOP!!!!

And well, one of my absolute favorite bands ever is Red Hot Chili Peppers ~ and while Anthony Kiedis is arguably the HOTTEST man on the planet, he's not often been accused of being a fabulous lyricist.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:25 PM

Quote:

And well, one of my absolute favorite bands ever is Red Hot Chili Peppers ~ and while Anthony Kiedis is arguably the HOTTEST man on the planet, he's not often been accused of being a fabulous lyricist.
Jules....you are going to love this.....

I attended the very first Fuji Rock Festival in Japan and saw "the Peppers". they ROCKED! Flea got naked at the end - despite the imminent typhoon that caused them to cut the show short....(there was danger of the lighting equipment falling on them and electricuting them....)

I think they are one of my favorite bands.....

Old 06-26-2008, 02:26 PM

oh - and they opened up the show with a mock rendition of Spice Girls "if you wanna be my lover" that was super kick- a$$!

Old 06-26-2008, 02:27 PM

Quote:

OH JULES! They are totally on my "must see live in concert before I die" list!!! I had a friend in high school who LOVED RHCP! I love them too! I like their blood sugar sex magik album and their newer stuff is REALLY good too. Oh...I like them whenever really!

Old 06-26-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midorigreen View Post
Jules....you are going to love this.....

I attended the very first Fuji Rock Festival in Japan and saw "the Peppers". they ROCKED! Flea got naked at the end - despite the imminent typhoon that caused them to cut the show short....(there was danger of the lighting equipment falling on them and electricuting them....)

I think they are one of my favorite bands.....
I think I remember hearing about that show! Oh, electricuting especially while naked would NOT be fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio