Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2008, 07:26 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,774,067 times

Advertisements

yep, yer right rd... it IS too quiet up here.....

BUT, I dooooo love convertibles....

I do get your point though, about convertibles in San Antonio.... least I think I do...
too stinkin' hot and THEN, can get huge downpours in the middle of summer......

I used to own little roadster ragtops..... 3 different ones I owned over the course of probably about ten years.... late teens to mid-twenties.... flew the heck all over California in them..... NUMEROUS times up and down Pacific Coast Highway from LA County to San Diego.....
these were the days before seat belts were mandatory and there WERE some in this car.... all dusty, sticky, yucky, stuck up under the seats....
I had shoulder length blonde hair..... long slender body and legs....
mmmmmm mmmm mmm.... life WAS gooo-ood..... LOLOLOL....
allll nostagic now.... hee heeeeeee

Old 07-12-2008, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Finally....the REAL me is BACK! No more clones of me....wcat2 and wcat3 are H-I-S-T-O-R-Y!!!!

Many thanks to SmokyMtnGal and Markablue and Yac....and any other powers that be!

I have my posts and reps and email back.....and some very dusty notifications to answer.

Thank you.....I am soooo happy to be ME again.
Oops.....that should just be one !!!!
Oh yaaaaayyyyy, girlie girlfriend!!!!

So glad they could straighten that all out for you!!! 'tis nice to have you 'home' again and 'looking the same'... hee heeeee

Old 07-12-2008, 08:50 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,360,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigginHouseVibez View Post
Ummmm. . . I don't know you but CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I know...another fruit cake here. It's just been so frustrating just reading. Like a kid outside a candy store with empty pockets.

Thanks!

Old 07-12-2008, 10:18 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,016,965 times
Quiet night in here! Again..........

Old 07-13-2008, 12:23 PM

545 posts, read 2,283,161 times
wow...sounds like someone didn't really want advice about where to take walks, just wanted a place to b****...I guess there's no pleasing some people...

Old 07-13-2008, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaleman View Post
wow...sounds like someone didn't really want advice about where to take walks, just wanted a place to b****...I guess there's no pleasing some people...
I doubt very seriously that person even lives in our zip code.

Old 07-13-2008, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
five (virtual) dollars to anyone that can make it through this story without laughing.

FOXNews.com - Woman Shoots Herself While Trying to Kill Mice - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

nope, i wont be gettin' yer five dollars.......

Old 07-13-2008, 03:40 PM

I've been saying this to friends and family, mostly with the reaction of 'that' look (the "Oh come on now, don't be so dramatic" look); the look I sometimes get from family and friends::::::::
I'm ready to get out my plaid bell bottomed pants and cut my hair in a Jane Fonda shag........

"Still, today's list of potential villains sounds like a cast from the past.
The most obvious repeat offender is oil. Oil prices quadrupled in the mid-1970s, then soared again after the Iranian Revolution in 1979.
Now, U.S. troops are fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan, there is renewed talk about a U.S. conflict with Iran, and oil prices are at it again. Crude has doubled in the past year, and the economy again is struggling.
"Oil was at the scene of the crime in both cases," said Jared Bernstein, senior economist at the liberal Economics Policy Institute in Washington. "If you have a police lineup, you really want to have oil in it."

- Today's crunch feels like '70s

By Michael E. Kanell
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 07/13/08

.... and here's the link to the whole story:
Today's crunch feels like '70s | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/services/content/business/stories/2008/07/13/seventies.html?referrer=search_buy - broken link)

Old 07-14-2008, 12:15 PM

39 posts, read 165,010 times
Hey bornandraisedSA.
Why don't you like your job as a teacher anymore?
I am asking b/c I am considering returing to school in the Fall to become an elementary school teacher....have things really gotten this bad at public schools that people start secondguessing their teaching careers? That would be such a shame b/c I really love kids and after all, they are our future.

And here are my responses:

1.What do you do?
Stay at Home Mom

2. Are you happy doing it?
Yes, but sometimes I could go to work just to be called something else besides "mommy" all the time....and I miss the adult conversation and the set structure of a regular job.

3. If not, what would you want to do?
I'd like to become a teacher, and I am working on that right now.

4. Are you formally trained/educated in your field?
Nope...unfortunatley there aren't any classes on how to be a good mom. We all just gotta wing it and figure it out ourselves ;o)

Old 07-15-2008, 05:13 AM

Someone's mom must have fallen asleep early last night. This allowed him to run a muck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio