Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2008, 05:34 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times

Advertisements

Yeah, it was a pretty stupid thing to do. It probably was a weight thing, and they are lucky they weren't all hurt or killed.

I could never have done it. I am the biggest elevator baby I know. The building I used to work in had a faulty one--I got stuck on it one day. Not for very long, but I swear I have had the worst elevator dreams ever since. The recurring one is with me starting at the top floor, and as soon as the door closes, the elevator ceiling drops down about 2 feet or so, so it's just inches above my head. Then rather than going down, it starts to go diagonally through the building, with the car actually getting smaller and more triangular shaped on the way down. Freaks me out so bad. By the time I get to the bottom, the car is just big enough for about 2 people squatting, and I'm a wreck.

There is probably a hidden meaning in there somewhere.

I missed out on going up the Tower a couple of weekends ago.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:36 PM

486 posts, read 1,113,777 times
lol sapph I thought I was the only one who had creepy dreams like that. cept mine not only gets smaller it changes directions.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:46 PM

Mine, too--and it goes pretty fast, and then slow again. It's really creepy. I am so claustrophobic now in my old age--stuff that didn't bother me when I was young is just intolerable now. When we went to the Majestic a couple weekends ago, the ceiling (although beautiful ) was looming large above my head, and thankfully we were on the end of the row--I kept having to make sure the exit was accessible. I didn't need to leave, but I damn sure wanted to make sure I could leave. I have issues.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:57 PM

3,109 posts, read 9,836,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
One last ( ha ha) dumb question, what are those little green things under your rep for?? I have two and don't know how I got them. If they are good marks, then thanks to who ever gave them to me!!
You start with one green bar. Each green bar means your score is 50. When you hit 51 it goes to 2 bars. 101 reps will give you 3 bars and 151 gives you 4 bars, etc.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:19 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Mine, too--and it goes pretty fast, and then slow again. It's really creepy. I am so claustrophobic now in my old age--stuff that didn't bother me when I was young is just intolerable now. When we went to the Majestic a couple weekends ago, the ceiling (although beautiful ) was looming large above my head, and thankfully we were on the end of the row--I kept having to make sure the exit was accessible. I didn't need to leave, but I damn sure wanted to make sure I could leave. I have issues.
You know I've said before I hadn't been in the Majestic since I was a kid . But actually I did go in there about 20-25 yrs. ago. There was a lady in there who new the history of the bldg. pretty well. The ceiling tiles over the walking area behind the seating section were imported from Spain. Forgot how many floors there are but found out recently that the founder of Nix Hospital and his family lived in the penthouse at one time. Most likely shortly after it was built in 1929. BTW, they had a small fire upstairs while I was there.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:24 PM

The Majestic was not the best venue for Ron White, IMO. The acoustics were horrible at times, but he's hilarious anyway. I actually had better seats for that show than I had when I saw the Shaolin Monks there. And I should have done that in reverse! The monks looked like ants from the upper level.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:42 PM

933 posts, read 1,978,162 times
Quote:
The Majestic was not the best venue for Ron White, IMO. The acoustics were horrible at times, but he's hilarious anyway. I actually had better seats for that show than I had when I saw the Shaolin Monks there. And I should have done that in reverse! The monks looked like ants from the upper level.
I have not been to The Majestic yet, but I will be there this Saturday with some friends to see 1964 The Tribute. I have not a clue where our seats are, but it should be a lot of fun nonetheless.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:49 PM

Oh, the Majestic is um, .......majestic! Seriously, it's gorgeous. I'm sure if it's a musical event there will not be a bad seat in the house. Enjoy!

Old 08-06-2008, 09:29 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,539,372 times
Quote:
The Majestic was not the best venue for Ron White, IMO. The acoustics were horrible at times, but he's hilarious anyway.
Are you sure it was the acoustics and not Ron White slurring his words? We saw him in Tennessee and the man never set his drink down. Love him though - very funny.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:36 PM

Yeah, he slurred but it's mostly the way he puts the mike almost into his mouth while he's drinking, smoking, and trying to finish the punch line.

Sometimes I think he can't possibly drink as much as he wants us to believe, at least on stage anyway. But he may just be a high-functioning drunk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio