Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2008, 07:55 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,552,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
To keep it in the "San Antonio" forum, is there a book store on the NW side?
Good point!! This could be an interesting topic, but to stay in this part of CD, it's gotta be SA related or it'll end up moved. And yeah, there is a Books A Million at Alamo Ranch Marketplace.

And mary, can I have YOUR job!!! I'd love to get paid to read!!!

Old 12-10-2008, 07:59 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,204,817 times
I just ordered The Tales of Beedle the Bard. Yes, I am a big kid But after reading all the Harry Potter books I couldn't pass on this one. I ordered from Amazon, hopefully I will be receiving it soon.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...k-of-2008.html

Old 12-10-2008, 08:03 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,541,013 times
This probably doesn't fall under your list of preferred reading but I have been caught up in the "Twilight" series for the past 6 months. Yes, it is written for "young adult" but I enjoy getting totally sucked into reading sometimes where I don't have to think too much, KWIM? I have actually reread each book 10+ times. (there are 4)

And you can find them at your neighborhood HEB, B&N, or BAM.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:05 AM

1,366 posts, read 4,485,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
I just ordered The Tales of Beedle the Bard. Yes, I am a big kid But after reading all the Harry Potter books I couldn't pass on this one. I ordered from Amazon, hopefully I will be receiving it soon.

Harry Potter: The Tales of Beedle the Bard becomes fastest-selling book of 2008 - Telegraph
hey txtrkgrl --- have you read the Twilight series??? --- only asking since you mentioned the Harry Potter and the big kid thing --- my dauther just finished Twilight and she wants book 2 for Christmas but i have heard the series is also popular with adults...

i read mostly Chick Lit...so if you want any recommendation on that i can spout off some titles from my Kindle...

Old 12-10-2008, 08:08 AM

1,366 posts, read 4,485,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygreeniii View Post
This probably doesn't fall under your list of preferred reading but I have been caught up in the "Twilight" series for the past 6 months. Yes, it is written for "young adult" but I enjoy getting totally sucked into reading sometimes where I don't have to think too much, KWIM? I have actually reread each book 10+ times. (there are 4)

see??? i thought i had heard that adults were getting into these books also...glad to hear you enjoyed the series...i haven't read my daughters copy yet 'cause i am trying to finish up the books i've downloaded from amazon but i do plan to pick it up once all my books are done...

Old 12-10-2008, 08:17 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,541,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post
see??? i thought i had heard that adults were getting into these books also...glad to hear you enjoyed the series...i haven't read my daughters copy yet 'cause i am trying to finish up the books i've downloaded from amazon but i do plan to pick it up once all my books are done...
Get ready for the possibility that they will consume your life! They are by far my favorite books ever.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:31 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,446,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygreeniii View Post

Just FYI ordered the books for one of my kiddos and paid MUCH less at Amazaondotcom for the series than if I had purchased local.....checked out HEB and the one book was like $19...paid $26 for 3 of them from Amazon.

Me, I LOVE my Kindle...just downloaded Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons for less than $6.00 and had it INSTANTLY!!!

Old 12-10-2008, 08:33 AM

Default Kindle

Do you miss "books" (the feel, the smell, turning the pages). How hard is it to "curl up with a good Kindle"? giggle! The convenience of it all is SOOOOOO appealing!!!! But I'm finally, in my old age, starting to appreciate reading and I think alot of it is sensory. (Another "old age" thing for me, I guess! Starting to crave scents and textures.)

With B&N being a good "trek" for me (and I'm not all that impressed with BAM, sorry to say) and actually even the public library isn't very close (), the Kindle sure does seem convenient!

Old 12-10-2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Me, I LOVE my Kindle...just downloaded Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons for less than $6.00 and had it INSTANTLY!!!
Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons??!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!! That's fabulous!!!!

Old 12-10-2008, 09:39 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,204,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post
hey txtrkgrl --- have you read the Twilight series??? --- only asking since you mentioned the Harry Potter and the big kid thing --- my dauther just finished Twilight and she wants book 2 for Christmas but i have heard the series is also popular with adults...

i read mostly Chick Lit...so if you want any recommendation on that i can spout off some titles from my Kindle...
I haven't heard of the Twilight series. I am very interested, how many books are there? I'm going to google right now, THANKS!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio