Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 08:32 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,501,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcondren View Post
I keep getting harassed by Jehovah's Witnesses knocking on my door and/or littering on my porch. How does everyone else keep these mentally ill people out of your neighborhood?

Get a hose, and spray them with water........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2018, 09:15 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,661,392 times
Put up with them. It’s a small price to pay for the benefits of an open society.

Old 07-13-2018, 10:42 AM

12,059 posts, read 13,796,452 times
I usually engage with them to tell them why their religion is wrong. It's fun for me.

Old 07-13-2018, 11:14 AM

61,197 posts, read 86,043,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I agree that they’re a nuisance, but your hostility is unnecessary.
Right! They are not mentally ill either.

No need to be rude. You CAN put on your door a polite sign (https://goo.gl/5okXCH) that you don't wish to change your religion.
“Out of the same mouth come forth blessing and cursing. It is not proper, my brothers, for these things to go on occurring this way.”

And just that you know, OP:
Jesus told his followers to “make disciples of people of all the nations.” (Matthew 28:19, 20) When he sent out his early disciples, Jesus directed them to go to the homes of the people. (Matthew 10:7, 11-13) After Jesus’ death, first-century Christians continued to spread their message both “publicly and from house to house.” (Acts 5:42; 20:20) We follow the example of those early Christians and find that the door-to-door ministry is a good way to reach people.
https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witne.../door-to-door/

Old 07-13-2018, 03:32 PM

1,514 posts, read 882,067 times
JW's are doing what Jesus did and going on foot preaching.

As Elena said above:

"Jesus told his followers to “make disciples of people of all the nations.” (Matthew 28:19, 20) When he sent out his early disciples, Jesus directed them to go to the homes of the people. (Matthew 10:7, 11-13) After Jesus’ death, first-century Christians continued to spread their message both “publicly and from house to house.” (Acts 5:42; 20:20) We follow the example of those early Christians and find that the door-to-door ministry is a good way to reach people."
https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witne.../door-to-door/

Christianity and Christ is not for everyone and that is ones choice. All one has to do is politely tell them "I am not interested, please dont come back" or ask them to put one's house on the "do not call list". They will not return again. They are there to assist in the process of drawing people to God and do as he commanded (see above), not to be a pest. Unfortunately, many confuse the two in regards to the JWs intentions.

Name calling them and labeling them is not only not warranted, its out of line. There needs to be no threats, intimidation or coercion against them. Just do as you would if Jesus or an Angel unaware approached your house and you did not know who he was, you could tell him/them, I am not interested and please don't come back.

Putting up with them, and maybe even listening to them is a reminder of a truely free society. Did you know that in other parts of the world, if you went door to door to talk about Christ, it would lead to imprisonment and possibly even death? Or that if you said "no thanks" to a particular religious group, like one can do with the Witnesses now, it could mean the same?

I think this needs to be reflected on the next time someone knocks on our door. Others, with a non criminal intent, are just trying to get through life the best they can and do the best they can, whether that be selling magazines, vacuums or preaching attempting to draw people to God. Be thankful that people and groups have this right and that you have the right to say no thanks.

Ill leave with this verse:
"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares." - Hebrews 13:2 - KJV

Last edited by txbullsfan; 07-13-2018 at 03:54 PM..

Old 07-13-2018, 04:36 PM

159 posts, read 184,235 times
https://www.thekingscentre.org.uk/bl...esses-are-cult

Old 07-13-2018, 04:39 PM

159 posts, read 184,235 times
https://www.cultwatch.com/jw.html

Old 07-13-2018, 07:07 PM

894 posts, read 1,535,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zcondren View Post
America is a free country, founded in no small part upon the desire of people seeking freedom from persecution for their religious beliefs. It doesn't matter what you believe or I believe or if we believe at all. The First Amendment gives us the right to believe as we choose. You are free to denigrate any religion you want, as we also have freedom of speech...though I'm not sure it complies with the TOS of CD. To answer your original post, if you don't want them to come to your house, just tell them so. No one on CD is going to make any difference in that regard.

Old 07-14-2018, 09:24 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,218,157 times
If you go out and tell them clearly that you do not want them to visit you in your house, they will point your street and home number and they will not knock on your door again.

Old 07-14-2018, 02:48 PM

1,640 posts, read 2,394,474 times
Jehovah’s Witnesses are not a cult. Politely tell them you are not interested,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio