Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 08:07 AM

2,982 posts, read 9,832,376 times

Advertisements

Lot of construction going on in the Potranco 151 area. I live real close, pass by the new buildings going up next to NS Purchasing? Is that just new business strip center?
Also, on corner of Richland Hills & Ingram, across from POST OFFICE? Anyone know what theyre putting up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 08:24 AM

All I can find on Ingram & Richland Hills is it's owned by "San Antonio Housing Trust Organization"
That mean they're moving the offices there?

Old 07-26-2018, 09:32 AM

oK, nobody? I know they're building the Sports Facility right across from the Mays Family YMCA, behind the strip center on Richland Hills, directly across from the side entrance to Sonic.

But, What are they building on the corner of Richland Hills and Ingram?? owned by "San Antonio Housing Trust Organization"

Old 07-26-2018, 11:04 AM

5,717 posts, read 18,909,338 times
San Antonio Housing Trust builds low income housing. You can read anything into that you like but the truth is it's going to be a low income housing project. If so, there went the neighborhood. They could also be building new offices and that's more likely than the apartments since land costs are so high in that location. But, considering the dimwits we have downtown now, all bets are off.

If they are progressed far enough, you can easily tell if the project is going to be offices or apartments by looking at the sewer rough in which is the first to go in. If you see a lot of plumbing stubs all over-it's apartments. If you see plumbing stubs that are large and usually centered or localized in the foundation, it will be an office project.

Old 07-26-2018, 01:05 PM

4,323 posts, read 7,228,886 times
Looks like that tract across from the post office was acquired from SAWS back in May. It shows as being zoned MF-40, which combined with the new ownership, more than likely spells low-income apartments.

Old 07-26-2018, 01:06 PM

YEAH, that's been my take. doesn't look spread out enough for multiple units. Looks like office building setup. Either way, with the new apartment complexes just down the street, and the other businesses, no wonder they put up a red light on Ingram & Richland Hills intersection.

Old 07-26-2018, 06:47 PM

5,574 posts, read 6,498,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
San Antonio Housing Trust builds low income housing. You can read anything into that you like but the truth is it's going to be a low income housing project. If so, there went the neighborhood. They could also be building new offices and that's more likely than the apartments since land costs are so high in that location. But, considering the dimwits we have downtown now, all bets are off.

If they are progressed far enough, you can easily tell if the project is going to be offices or apartments by looking at the sewer rough in which is the first to go in. If you see a lot of plumbing stubs all over-it's apartments. If you see plumbing stubs that are large and usually centered or localized in the foundation, it will be an office project.
I picked up on this when the OP posted the name......

Old 07-28-2018, 04:07 PM

349 posts, read 422,019 times
Different subject, but they will keep on building more housing and putting more strain on that post office which already has god awful customer service (probably because they serve such a LARGE area of housing).

But lets never build more post offices.

Old 07-28-2018, 05:36 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,909,338 times
Quote:
But lets never build more post offices.

Unless something has changed recently, the post office across from this project, The Heritage Post Office, is not run by the Postal Service. It is a franchised Post Office. Their track record for customer service hasn't been any different since they opened. It sucks, and that's a mild statement. I'll drive across the county before using this post office. Frankly, after I got screwed with a bunch of worthless stamps from them, I have no need or use for the post office. I generate only 2 pieces of mail per month and that's about to change to none.

I went by this location today in my travels. It appears that the pads that they have benched are going to be for a single building. Probabilities are high it's going to be an office building. But until the sewer lines are installed, it's a guess at best.

Old 08-08-2018, 07:21 AM

Saw the sign this morning, "Brookwood Senior Apartments" Owned by San Antonio Trust? Hmmmm,, I wonder
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio