Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 09:56 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,005,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrone2k View Post
all the hype about how it was a little time capsule of German culture. I found their experience instructive.
I really can't imagine anybody saying this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2018, 10:00 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,005,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustybolt View Post
So the deal is that I'm 58 and my dad just turned 85. In November we will both vote for Beto. The first time we have voted for a Democrat in our lives. Beto may not represent our views 100%, but who does. Personally, I'm sick and tired of a Canadian who masquerades as American claiming to need secure borders after he got in. I have a CHL, own two firearms, spent 27 years in the military where I was qualified on the M9, M16, M4, M249, and I support the second amendment, but the NRA and people who take their money need to be taken down a notch. No one in the Senate likes Ted Cruz and neither do most Texans, but, well hey...he's Republican so they are stuck. Its time for a change and I'm committed to making it happen. Any fool that supports the lunatic that got elected President is out in my book. I'm conservative, but I'm not a sellout. You like the current administration and want to vote like Kanye West, fine by me. I have principles, however, and i don't sell out to anyone.
His mother is American... Anybody who has an American parent is welcome to become a citizen before they turn 18. Comparing him to people born in Latin America who have no American parents is just ridiculous.

It's amazing he has won Texas over and over and he got more votes in the primary Senate race than ALL democrats combined... But yet nobody likes him. Maybe you should ask people other than San Antonians.

You are selling out to a guy who supports gun control. You have no conservative principles.

One more thing... Trump 2020!!

Old 08-11-2018, 10:05 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,751,326 times
Both Cruz and Trump are the kind of guy who’d cry if you slapped him.

Old 08-11-2018, 01:59 PM

4,434 posts, read 5,347,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustybolt View Post
So the deal is that I'm 58 and my dad just turned 85. In November we will both vote for Beto. The first time we have voted for a Democrat in our lives. Beto may not represent our views 100%, but who does. Personally, I'm sick and tired of a Canadian who masquerades as American claiming to need secure borders after he got in. I have a CHL, own two firearms, spent 27 years in the military where I was qualified on the M9, M16, M4, M249, and I support the second amendment, but the NRA and people who take their money need to be taken down a notch. No one in the Senate likes Ted Cruz and neither do most Texans, but, well hey...he's Republican so they are stuck. Its time for a change and I'm committed to making it happen. Any fool that supports the lunatic that got elected President is out in my book. I'm conservative, but I'm not a sellout. You like the current administration and want to vote like Kanye West, fine by me. I have principles, however, and i don't sell out to anyone.
You seem angry.

Old 08-11-2018, 01:59 PM

502 posts, read 391,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
His mother is American... Anybody who has an American parent is welcome to become a citizen before they turn 18. Comparing him to people born in Latin America who have no American parents is just ridiculous.

It's amazing he has won Texas over and over and he got more votes in the primary Senate race than ALL democrats combined... But yet nobody likes him. Maybe you should ask people other than San Antonians.

You are selling out to a guy who supports gun control. You have no conservative principles.

By any chance are you that kid that got slapped at Whataburger?

Old 08-11-2018, 02:00 PM

4,434 posts, read 5,347,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Both Cruz and Trump are the kind of guy who’d cry if you slapped him.
Says a person on an anonymous Internet forum.

Old 08-11-2018, 02:43 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,751,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
Says a person on an anonymous Internet forum.
Well, almost all of us here are anonymous. That doesn’t make my observation invalid. Don’t you think they’re the kind of guys who’d cry if slapped? C’mon, tell me true.

Last edited by Irishtom29; 08-11-2018 at 03:00 PM..

Old 08-11-2018, 05:51 PM

1,985 posts, read 3,318,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post

Over and over?? Cruz is only in his first term dude. Anyone who has ever had to work with the guy knows the guy is a sniveling little weasel who panders to the man who insulted his wife and pushed wild conspiracy theories about his father. Cruz is the textbook definition of a sellout desperate to keep his career as a politician going at any cost. His senate colleagues will be glad to be rid of him.

Old 08-11-2018, 09:16 PM

269 posts, read 181,420 times
Anywho.....back on topic. I've only lived here since May, but what I love and hate about SA?

Love the cheap drinks! Friendly people. Low cost of food. Lower cost of apartment rent. Cheap good Mexican food.

Hate the landscape (like a giant parking lot), no lush green trees, dusty (can never keep my car clean), no Asian district (bad Vietnamese options), disconnected downtown area, and ridiculous home prices near downtown for what the district offers (can't wait for a housing crash)

Old 08-11-2018, 09:20 PM

894 posts, read 1,546,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
You seem angry.
Ya think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio